Author Topic: Chrono Alter Trivia *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 576 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Chrono Alter Trivia *Possible Spoilers*
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »
Just thought I'd share some neat stuff about Chrono Alter, such as where names came from, and what was originally going to be in the game.

Music

-The battle theme was originally the same as Chrono Trigger. This can still be found in the game's music files.
-Fargo's Fort was originally had the same music as the cave.
-The final boss music, "Lavos/Zeromus", was remixed by Tssf, the musician for Chrono Trigger Ressurection
-Dalton's theme was originally going to be "The Theme of Bonne" from Mega Man Legends. The midi can still be found in the music files.
-The "Dragon Fargo" battle music was originally going to be the final boss music from "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story". Cannot be found.
-The music during the battle with Schala was originally going to be "Dragon God" from Chrono Cross. It then moved to "FATE" from Chrono Cross. The files were deleted to cut down on file size.

Story
-Schala and Dalton were originally going to die. The game would NOT have lead into Cross.
-Lavos' soul was originally going to manifest itself into "Solav", the original villain of the game.
-Solav was originally going to become the Time Dragon.
-The "Temple of the Ages" was originally going to be "Chrono Temple". It was changed because I didn't want to have "Chrono This" and "Chrono That".
-Magus originally lost his memory and ended up in an unknown place in 1017 A.D.

Graphics
-The Dream Devourer was originally going to be a huge Lavos Spawn colored red. It can be seen here:

-The second village in the Sealo region originally had a totally different design. It can be seen in the early trailer.
-The second continent originally had two villages. One was cut out due to uselessness.
-Sealo Village also had a completely different design.
-The imps had a different pose. They were sticking their tongues out. Can be see in the original trailer.
-Sealo Castle had a totally different design.
-The gates originally spun in circles. Can be seen in original trailer.

Neat Stuff
-The character of Marco was named after Finnish bassist and singer, Marco Heitala of Nightwish. I've met him Twice.
-Gilgamesh says Crono looks a lot like Goku, from Dragonball. This is poking fun at Akira Toriyama's character designs looking alike.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it. It's neat to see what the game could have been.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:44:18 pm by Lance VII »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Alter Trivia *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:13:43 am »
I was hoping to do some neat trivia-ish stuff if I ever get access to more than the maps in CT3.