Author Topic: I mean, I guess I'll make an introduction thread  (Read 1191 times)

BearFrog

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I mean, I guess I'll make an introduction thread
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:23:13 pm »
I just started posting without bothering to introduce myself. My name's Greg, you guys can call me GT or BearFrog or whatever suits your fancy. I'm an aspiring musician with a paralegal degree and am actually going to record a demo tomorrow for an album I'm recording in the summer. Played both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross in my early teens and loved them both, and I think I might give the edge to Chrono Cross were it not for the strong cast in Chrono Trigger (and stronger score). Saw this site before on the net and maybe skimemd a couple pages once or twice, reading articles and whatnot. I ended up watching Crimson Echoes on YouTube and sent FW a message about how I thought they created something really special and he suggested I come here to talk to ZeaLity. I just started browsing and made a couple posts. I've only really been a regular on a couple message boards: a no-name board I started myself years ago which may no longer even exist, Icybrian's board (though I was never all that well-liked there), The Order of the Black Wind (a cool Magus devoted forum that got some decent members but died out), KissFAQ (before the Admin went crazy and shut it down, causing me to create my own message board for the people there---he has since returned the site) and the Kiss Army HQ (which I created and has developed a life of its own and has a decent consistent member base).

I tend to be pretty busy and work a lot, so I'm hardly on the board I created myself. But, I figure I might hang around a couple weeks and have some enjoyable conversation and pop in every now and then.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: I mean, I guess I'll make an introduction thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »
greetings, frogbear. i am the zombie known as buck.
holy crap, i just realized how scripted my greetings can be. i basically did the same thing for the other person who joined recently.
excuse me while i reestablish my identity.

(also, may i be the first person to welcome you tot he party. we always need more party goers tot his party.)

BearFrog

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:08:49 pm »
ZeaLity welcomed me to the party in a private message. He beat you to it. Sorry.   :kz

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »
well, im the first to welcome you in public. that has to be something, right?
whatever the case, im making cookies to celebrate your arrival, as well as the lord of blue. i do hope you like chocolate chip cookies. those are my specialty.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »
Well then, allow me to be the se... third to welcome you. And looks like Zombie took the 'tot he' one. Well, I was going to use my regular one anyway...

Welcome to the Compendium!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 05:10:19 pm »
Welcome!

I was completely blown away by Crimson Echoes.  Truly a masterpiece.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 06:13:47 pm »

So, you liked CE, did you?  As did I.

Welcome to the Compendium.  Call me Genesis One. Hope you like what we got going on around here.  It's pretty big what we talk about (to us, anyway).

Question: Are you a movie buff? 

If so, as am I.  If not, no harm done.

BearFrog

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 08:49:23 pm »
I wouldn't consider myself a movie buff, but a lot of people do consider me to be one because I tend to have seen a lot of movies and have a good knowledge of film history. My favorite types of films include Sylvester Stallone movies (including non-action flicks), cheesy 80s action flicks (including Stallone films), kung fu movies, cheesy rock n' roll movies (like A Hard Day's Night and Kiss Meets The Phantom At The Park), and movies that I consider to be just plain classics (like the silent film version of Ben Hur). My favorite films include The Rocky series, The Batman films, Sweeney Todd, Cobra and Wuthering Heights (1939 version).

As far as Crimson Echoes goes, that game was pretty close to being perfect. There are only a few things I'd want to change with it.

But thank you all for the welcome. And the cookies.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:07 pm »
Welcome tot he party!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »
 :fuk

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 11:57:59 am »
Welcome! I am Lance VII. :D

CE truly was a masterpiece.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 08:35:17 pm »
I've only really been a regular on a couple message boards...Icybrian's board (though I was never all that well-liked there)

Same...that place is too messy and the community is a little closed-offish...Welcome to the Compendium! No better Chrono-based site you'll find (maybe if you speak Japanese...)...here's a random Google'd something or other (it's been too long, I can't come up with a fancy name for it)...

idk wtf that's about, but it's pretty damn awesome and I kinda want one! Now use it in an avatar so I don't have to be confused by that random Stallone pic...>_>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:37:49 pm by V_Translanka »