Author Topic: Would you guys like it if......(preserving the music of chrono)  (Read 1703 times)

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Would you guys like it if......(preserving the music of chrono)
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:48:10 pm »
Alright guys I've started a project page in the submissions board, go there to track progress from now on.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8435.msg189717.html#msg189717
"Chrono Trigger 43 song sheet music booklet transcribed to the 6 string guitar"

Feel free to lock or delete this thread.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:20:57 pm by chi_z »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Would you guys like it if......(preserving the music of chrono)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:00:10 pm »
That sounds grand. I wholeheartedly approve. But can CT OST be done justice on the guitar? Pieces like "The Hidden Truth" and "Ocean Palace" (among others) just don't seem to be capturable by the sound of the guitar, even if the right notes and dynamics are hit. CC OST was deliberately built around the fado guitar. CT OST has a strongly orchestral bent; any guitar might be out of its league trying to communicate the emotion.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:47:44 pm »
It fits perfectly actually- the sheet music compiled is just the 'lead' instrument of the songs after all.  CT is pretty simple music, anything that is done on it's soundtrack is just as easy on piano as it is on guitar, if not easier to be honest.
I just took a look at ocean palace: it's one of the easier songs to transcribe, one of the easiest to play. The only vice would be volumetrics, attempting to get the fading and rising volume on each note correctly. If you've ever listened to the jazz album 'brink of time' you'll see just how good undersea palace works, as well as the whole sound track (I especially like guardia forest). It should be noted that most of the songs will need both a rhythm and lead guitar though, so 2 people if you are wanting to play the real thing in an 'orchestra' like setting that CT does. Other wise you could just play the rhythm or just play the lead. Very few songs can be done on one instrument.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:01:43 pm by chi_z »

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:03:09 am »
please delete
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:01:27 pm by chi_z »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:57 pm »
I couldn't download any of that. Maybe you can talk to ZeaLitY about hosting them on the Compendium directly.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Maybe, that's a lot of space though. I'll probably just compile it all when I'm done and post it on rs or piratebay more likely. BTW mediafire only works on google chrome and opera (ie the only 2 browsers that aren't shit). The links/files are 100 percent working.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:36:57 am »
If you encode MP3s or even FLAC, they shouldn't be too big for us to host. We have about 17GB of available disk space with our hosting...

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:06:17 am »
I can do flac because then people can just convert it back to 44.1khz/16 bit wav once they download it. I'm not much for compressing things so it'll be a no go on the mp3. Basically, 10 megs per minute of audio in wav, 7.5 megs per minute with flac codec. It's not really about me recording stuff though, the whole idea here is the actual publishing of the tablature, I'm just also recording so people can get a listen to what it sounds like if they don't wanna play it themselves. So I'd be worried about hosting .pngs out the ass more than anything lol. I could also just post in guitar pro format because those are like 5 kb files that open with guitar pro software, which people can download for free. It would be better than me throwing 300 pages of tab pngs at you guys, sorta like posting audio when you can post the spc's. It's a space saver.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:09:04 am by chi_z »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:46 am »
Yeah, guitar pro tabs are a good choice. I use them a lot with tuxguitar for studying stuff.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:18 pm »
I have started a thread in the submissions section, please go there to track this project from now on.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:01:14 pm by chi_z »