Author Topic: _Janus_'s n00b questions regarding CT in general  (Read 2606 times)

_Janus_

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Ruin of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • diamonddeoxys.hi5.com
Re: _Janus_'s n00b questions regarding CT in general
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 01:46:55 pm »
Well, I ordered a sealed Chrono Cross, and it will arrive on the 1sr or 2nd of march.
Now I just need a PSone that reads NTSC games

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 03:44:41 pm »

1-Why did Marle Disappear when Lucca first arrived at the Middle Ages?

I used to think it either had something to do with Frog somehow no longer being able to save the queen in time (but couldn't figure out why) or, as Thought said, something to do with Lucca's presence in 600AD.  But I just started a new game now and I think it might actually be Marle's fault to begin with - hear me out.

When Crono comes to the castle, you have the option of talking to the Chancellor, he then goes up stairs and ponders the Queen's escape and then returns to the cathedral.

Perhaps Marle's appearance drastically changed the time that the Yakra had planned to return to the cathedral to kill the Queen.  Remember that when we first see Frog, he jumps down from the rafters to save Lucca. Who knows how long he had been staking that place out, or how long he would have continued to do so before entering.  Crono and Lucca barging in probably helped to speed up that process, allowing the Queen to be saved in time.  Also remember that Crono and Lucca never even considered saving the real Queen until Marle vanished, so the latter had to happen for the former to occur.  Finally, we know time is really really tight because Crono and Co. walk in on Yakra just as he is about to kill her. Obviously having 3 people taking on enemies would help you move much faster than 1.  

Guards find Marle > Yakra returns to cathedral early > Crono and Lucca decide to find real queen > They help Frog infiltrate > They save the queen just in time

That is my current opinion, =)

Edit:  Even stranger is that Lucca says : "Something must happen to the Queen in this era if she isn't rescued. And if something happens to her,her descendant, Princess Nadia, will never come into being."   

Right before that she says "There might still be time..."
So, looking at the way Lucca is speaking, its as if the doubt surrounding the Queen's survival makes Marle vanish, but not erased just yet from history.  Hmm  it is strange how that works...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:54:25 pm by Eske »

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »
to answer the marle question, this is the 2 cents I dropped in another thread..

as far as the marle paradox, it was likely an oversight by developers.

but to weave it into the story, id argue that the entity wanted to preserve the guardia line for whatever reason, and caused marle to disappear to lead chrono to save queen leene, who believed that it was a grandfather paradox.

to keep it consistent with the rest of CT, what i wouldve done is had the present greatly altered (perhaps guardia would be in ruins) if chrono tried to return without saving the queen.. and then theyd realize that they have to save the guardia line to get the present back to normal.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 03:13:21 pm »
When I recenlty played CT a few weeks ago, I had some surprises, I never expected Magus/Janus to ever join the team, and when I discovered that he wasn't the real antagonist, I was very surprisd.

CT and CC are so awesme :D

Especially the first playthrough, Magus has some REALLY good surprise moments. The first time I figured out Janus was Magus, I was like

I just had to say it fast LOLOLOL!!! but still i kinda have my own reaction when i found out what i said was:Wait...? So if we kill Janus Magus won't Exist? my Face was:  :shock:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 02:38:47 pm »
Nice!  :-)

Luckily killing Janus isn't an option or else the game would be much more complicated.