Author Topic: You've lost everything.  (Read 15298 times)

heyguys

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
You've lost everything.
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:16:29 pm »
I know this is old news, but I need to say something here, to remind you that every fucking project that you've ever had on the fucking site is now gone. I also hate how everyone was like "Oh well". Did you have any idea what the fuck just happened?

You could have taken Crimson Echoes to court. You could have won. Easily. You are defended by the copyright act of 1976. And even if Square's evil money-making office fucks sue you, what the fuck are you going to lose? Some money? The site? (Which is worthless now. Seriously, everything besides the community itself can be found on other websites.) At least you could have kept your dignity, and fought your years-worth of work to the end.

THIS is how corrupt bullshit companies are known. This. The only company I can think of that doesn't fuck people over that obviously aren't making profit off of unofficial projects, is Nintendo and Sega. And even then, they do whatever they can to get billions of dollars every day, and troll every last one of their fans when E3 rolls around.

You should NEVER have stood for that. Fuck Square.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:20:24 pm by heyguys »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: You've lost everything.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »
I doubt Zeality makes anything near $150K, so... I think it was better to cancel it with their finances intact than get $150K taken away and still needing to cancel. What would you have chosen?

With the economy the way it is, the last thing needed is to be in debt for losing a lawsuit...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:42:30 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 10:44:47 pm »
Another one eh? Let me make this as clear as I can. NO. If you want to make your own Chrono project and, when SE threatens you with the hammer, stand up to them, then by all means go ahead. It doesn't affect me. But stay out of our way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:49:02 pm by Captain B »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:03:00 am »
Well said. Aggressive criticism like this should be left for President Obama's progress.

xD

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:59:21 pm »

Let's get one thing straight, heyguys:

If we'd have known that before the whole mess last year with Squeenix, then maybe we could've stood a fighting chance, but it's in the past.

Believe me when I say that I know how you feel, but venting your anger at us isn't going to change the fact that what's done is done, and there's nothing you can do to bring back CE.

Just let it go.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:45:08 am »
Well, that's not entirely true. I've come across a "rehack" so to speak, of the 40%. While it is good to see an attempt to revive CE, this apparently comes from people who hate Zeality and after trying it out on ZSNES, I've observed all credit from the original CE team was removed.

The guys who did the rehack didn't put their own credits, but they hid behind Father's sprite and there were some hateful comments toward the CE team...

heyguys

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 02:39:20 pm »

Let's get one thing straight, heyguys:

If we'd have known that before the whole mess last year with Squeenix, then maybe we could've stood a fighting chance, but it's in the past.

Believe me when I say that I know how you feel, but venting your anger at us isn't going to change the fact that what's done is done, and there's nothing you can do to bring back CE.

Just let it go.

Apparently you misunderstand. I'm talking about what you should have done, not what you should be doing right now. And I already knew this was old news, but I never did see a thread that was like this other than stupid "OMG LET'S MAKE A USELESS PETITION" threads.

The main point of this thread is that you got blackmailed by Square, and all projects have since been removed, and yet you STILL suck their dicks. You can't say that what they did was with good intentions either, as I said in the OP. I don't see any better place to put this anyway.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 04:33:49 pm »
and yet you STILL suck their dicks

No, only a few people do. I have no love for SE, only Square. That company died in the merger.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:54 pm »
I have to say, if Square Enix was a guy and Microsoft was a girl, they'd likely make tons of demon babies...

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:54 am »
I know this is old news, but I need to say something here, to remind you that every fucking project that you've ever had on the fucking site is now gone.

Ehem... ehh looky in my direction...

This is rather demotivational... people who are on the site actually looking for projects fail to see mine. No wonder I get so little exposure.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 01:38:28 am »
While modding played a great enriching role in the lives of all those who took part, it's true that it was but one facet of Chrono fandom in the grand scheme of things. All the fanart, fanfiction, animations, and even interactive non-modding projects like Neo-Fusion's and LanceVII's prove that "not all has been lost." I think the next Dream Splash! will be a great opportunity for the community to announce its resilience in uber resounding fashion.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 04:47:07 pm »
Also check the RP threads, there are 3 active RP's going on right now.

We haven't seen any comics from maggiekarp for a while, and I haven't made any in a while, but mysticalpha's comics are still going strong.

I'm beta testing Lance's new game and heyguys, if you're a fan of anything Chrono, you're gonna love it!

Of course, neofusion's CT Apocalypse is wonderful to watch/play, and each new episode just gets better and better.

And there are other things that get posted constantly, music remixes like Chronotorious, sprites, and that one flash cartoon in a semi-DBZ style with the outrageous fighting and tech animations.

All is NOT lost to the Compendium.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 06:44:36 pm »
lol you guys just got trolled, im sure.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 08:07:30 pm »
I, too, have a project a few months in development. I have it under an NDA for protection of interest currently, but the select few I've told... you know what I mean.

420joker

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 01:18:16 am »
The only thing that can be drawn from this is the fact that any project cannot be advertised. What makes you think people stopped developping? Not like SE monitors everyone who every uttered the word Chrono's computers :roll:

I know of a project, and Im positive im not the only one. Lots of people just lose interest but, as long as you dont aim too high theres no reason it cant make progress