Author Topic: Arc Rise Fantasia  (Read 645 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Arc Rise Fantasia
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:32:48 pm »
I liked the looks of it for a long time.
Then I heard Yasunori Mitsuda did the sound and soundtrack for it and got really hooked.
It has a strong feel of if Skies Of Arcadia, Chrono, and Code Geass all got together and had an amazing child.

The graphics are amazing, specially since Wii gets so much of a bad rep for not being the graphics system. The gameplay is very old school with a small touch of new, that makes it feel like a pretty new experience.

I'm listening to the soundtrack. While not the best work of his, it's still very good. Has a very dramatic feel to it from a lot of the tracks. Of course, I can't find any sources with the FULL thing yet. But from what I've heard, I love it.

At first I thought the lead protagonist was reminding me of Cloud Strife. Then after looking him up on Google, I found he was actually giving me a strong vibe of Cloud's sword, Lelouch's(Code Geass) design, and Renton's(Eureka 7) color scheme. It's not just me, if you know all 3 of the characters' designs, you'll notice it too!

I don't the story yet, since I'm still in training at translating japanese. I'm best at in person conversation, not translating text or video, but from what I've read, it sounds like a pretty strong theme of love exists in here. War, terrorism, at least from what I'm going by. It's got my attention I know.

The game apparantly comes out June 2010 and is from the same group as Sands Of Destruction as well!

So, anyone's thoughts on the game?

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Arc Rise Fantasia
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:50 pm »
Then I heard Yasunori Mitsuda did the sound and soundtrack for it and got really hooked.

I'm listening to the soundtrack. While not the best work of his, it's still very good. Has a very dramatic feel to it from a lot of the tracks. Of course, I can't find any sources with the FULL thing yet. But from what I've heard, I love it.
Yasunori Mitsuda did only a portion of the soundtrack. Most was done by Procyon Studio in-house composer Shunsuke Tsuchiya. Additional music was done by Yuki Harada. There's even an arranged Yoko Shimomura track, brought over from Luminous Arc 2.

The full soundtrack will be released on March 3:
http://vgmdb.net/album/17313

The game apparantly comes out June 2010 and is from the same group as Sands Of Destruction as well!
Both games are developed by image epoch but have different key staff. Here's a rundown of both:

-Arc Rise Fantasia-

Director & Scenario:
Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales of Symphonia)

Character Design:
Ken'ichi Yoshida (Eureka Seven, Overman King Gainer, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack)

Music:
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I, Soma Bringer, Arc Rise Fantasia, Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven 2, Tsugunai: Atonement)
Shunsuke Tsuchiya (Luminous Arc 2, Luminous Arc 3, Arc Rise Fantasia)
Yuki Harada

-Sands of Destruction-

Director:
Kyoki Mikage (Luminous Arc)

Scenario:
Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Baten Kaitos, Ninja Gaiden II, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XI: RotZ)

Character Design:
Kunihiko Tanaka (Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I)

Music:
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I, Soma Bringer, Arc Rise Fantasia, Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven 2, Tsugunai: Atonement)
Shunsuke Tsuchiya (Luminous Arc 2, Luminous Arc 3, Arc Rise Fantasia)
Kazumi Mitome (Luminous Arc, Arc Rise Fantasia)

Producer:
Yoichi Shimosato (Shining Force EXA, Shining Force Feather)

-------------------------------

Annnnnnyway, I'm quite excited for it. But having to wait for year-long localizations is getting really old.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: Arc Rise Fantasia
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:06:49 pm »
Might I be the only one who does not have a DS?

I so want to play those games!