Author Topic: 100% Genius - Everyday skills  (Read 764 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
100% Genius - Everyday skills
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:24:26 am »
Sorry for making a thread into an already too long forum.

There are some very significant things that often go unnoticed or overlooked as something minor and not-so-great. Mainly because it doesn't play much importance in superior roles or career you pay, nor does it help you make money, but it might become a kind of skill that could be useful in impressing your friends OR saving your ass once in a while.

Here, discuss your daily talent that you've been practicing since the beginning of time, yet which is not considered too important. Some of it may sound lame, but theoretically it's plain skill (yes, even making HUGE bubbles with booger).

1) While at work today (my boss asked me to work from morn to evening without lunch break coz he had to go somewhere out) my parents brought me a tiffin of rice and Rajma (kidney beans) for me to eat at noon. Of course, after finishing it, it'd be a pretty embarrassing scene for me to wash my spoon and repack it in the streets since there's no washbasin around. But since I work at a cyber cafe, I had an idea.

I could have simply used my handkerchief, but I didn't wanna dirty it. More or less, I just found it amusing to pull off this stunt before someone looks at me. First I took a piece of paper and wiped the moist rubbish, but that wouldn't suffice, thus I tried to pour as little water as I could (the mouth of the bottle was HUGE, so it was pretty frustrating a task) upon the spoon without getting the floor wet. And I succeeded. Now my next mission was to take the water with the spoon to the bin, where I juggled the water to wash BOTH SIDES of the spoon. So long as it was wet, I used the paper to wipe it clean. Viola! And without even getting my hands messy.

2) Normally when I walk around nearby my house there's a lotta obstructions in the path. Playing something like "parkour" on it would be something pretty stupid and incriminating in our area. Yet, as Mary once told me, I resemble a cat when it comes to me being dodgy. I'm able to slide/walk gracefully past the obstructions, either spinning around it or sidestepping, or other sort. What's funny is that it helps me dance a bit while I walk. LOL

3) When I do stuff, I always do it in style. Whether it's closing the door, drinking water, etc. I think my "masterpiece" was developed when I tried to close the shutter of the cafe where I stylistically let the shutter fall (not exactly; it might damage the shutter) and catch it without looking at it behind my back before it touches the ground, and let it drop again smoothly. Mostly this happens at night when people are at their homes, but when my group of friends saw me doing it and applauded it, I couldn't resist a bow.  :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: 100% Genius - Everyday skills
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:19:45 am »
Speaking of "doors" and "style," when I want to make an impression using double doors I'll go through both of them rather than opening just one. It works better from the pushing side than the pulling one.

Alcyone

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:01:46 am »
I tend to memorize random pointless stuff. At one point I was memorizing the digits of pi. I forget a whole bunch of it because I haven't practiced since like a year ago, but here's what I remember: 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841841971

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:55:21 pm »
Speaking of "doors" and "style," when I want to make an impression using double doors I'll go through both of them rather than opening just one. It works better from the pushing side than the pulling one.

It also looks really badass.  Do you ever see people in the movies entering places with double doors during the epic climax using just one door?  HELL no.  You seem them pushing BOTH doors open at the same time in slowmo.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »
I'm really good at Tetris.  It's one of the things I'm very proud about.  :)  I know that's probably not an "every day skill" for some, but it is for me because I play Tetris every day.  X)

Despite being shy and a bit anti-social, I have the strange ability to get others to open up to me really quickly.  I'll meet someone for the first time and end up talking to them for about 7 or 8 hours in a row.  I love deep conversations, and I love getting to know about people's lives, hopes, fears, and dreams.  I've heard the words "I have NEVER talked to anyone as long as this!" and "I've never told anyone this..." often.  It makes me happy.  I want to be a good listener and a good friend.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »
aside from being the best damn chef/cook/whatever in my house, im really good at puzzles. i dont know why, but ive always been into puzzle games and those insane 1000 piece puzzles. im not that great at tetris, but id still consider myself pretty good.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 05:21:21 pm »

Unless it's one of those double door situations with a piece of wall/doorframe between them, because walking through that looks far less stylish. I'd love to see it, though!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 03:06:16 am »
Whoao! Some pretty good skills you guys have got there!

1) I just realized that I have a knack of making other people's girlfriends compliment me in front of their boys. For instance, my best friend's girlfriend told me, "You really know how to treat a lady" in front of him, and I could see subtle envy on his face. XDDD

2) I also possess the ultimate power of annoyance. For instance, if I really feel pranky or just want to see your expressions it wouldn't take me 2 minutes to make someone jump off the window.  :lol: