Author Topic: Natal, wiimotes, and all motion control  (Read 1411 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Natal, wiimotes, and all motion control
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 11:50:45 pm »
So I'm assuming everyone agrees with me that the controls work great with rail shooters, Mario Kart, and Mad World? Kinda got completely ignored there. I'll crawl back in my hole, it's cool.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 12:21:55 am »
I agree with Mario Kart, the wheel actually feels right and it works well. In fact, I actually prefer playing with it more than with the controller. It's much more fun. And I've never played Mad World, so no idea.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 04:26:42 pm »
Rail Shooter definitely. That's where the whole idea of the wiimote came from at least in my opinion. Never actually played MadWorld. I bought it, however I never got around to it. And yeah, Raceing games are nice on the wii too, however they could easily be on the PS3 or 360.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »
Rail Shooter definitely. That's where the whole idea of the wiimote came from at least in my opinion. Never actually played MadWorld. I bought it, however I never got around to it. And yeah, Raceing games are nice on the wii too, however they could easily be on the PS3 or 360.

Have you ever played a simple 2D platformer with a non gamer? They jerk the controller up when they jump, and move it right while they are in the air. The idea of how the Wii Remote works is how many people instinctively interact with game controllers. Whether it is used well or not is up to the developers.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 06:32:29 pm »
I never played with a Non-Gamer so I wouldn't know.