Author Topic: Lavos and the Beginning  (Read 8583 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 06:52:49 pm »
Call me a jew who sees thing a bit too late... But that stupid hedgehog tries to take on the role of god. He gave life to mankind, and then he takes it away. Perhaps he had done so to every Planet with life in it. So perhaps in the Chrono universe only "living" Planets can have Life-Forms? And Lavoids are drawn to these, give power to the mightiest race and then destroy the Planet? Beacuse I think Zeal could of been Lavos' greatest moment and also the essence of his downfall. Had he not messed with the Zeal royal family and Gurus, Crono and his gang would of never recieved the gifts the were given by the three: The Rainbow, Epoch, Masamune, the Time Egg  and much much more. The Pendent would of never reached Marle, and thus never would the CT journey begin. He tried to make a people of his own ,much like God with the Jews, but like all the jerks who tried to be God, he bit the dust.

Anyway, back to buisness. If Lavoids journied to "living Planets", one could say that they are the essence of all life. Though he would be wrong. On the contrary, Lavos is a poison to the Planet, a destructive force of life. Then maybe Starky (Who is amusingly enough an adavance scout for an alien race out to destroy Earth) thought of it in the wrong way? A universel, but still oddly Human point of view?

Daniel Krispin

Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 08:28:35 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Call me a jew who sees thing a bit too late... But that stupid hedgehog tries to take on the role of god.

Oh, I know. And that's not even the worst: he triest to convince others to do the same. 'Attain immortality through me'... and following it they are destroyed. And the paradise is thus forever lost. Seriously, this delves right into the ancient follies of Genesis, whether Babel or Eden.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 09:40:35 pm »
Well, the reason they end up destroyed isn't because of the endeavor itself, but rather because good people find what they're doing objectionable and kick their arse.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 10:34:07 pm »
The hedgehog itself is but the spaceship. The one who wants to be like God is the humanoid. As we all do. We all want all the power we can seize, because we know we are not gods.

Lavos kept the planet, the human planet, under tight control. Strieving for control. Would a true god need to fight for such control? A true god has control over anything that needs to be controlled, allowing for free will.

Daniel Krispin

Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2005, 12:47:11 am »
To Hadriel: But that itself is the actings of fate, which is the will of God, thus making it God's judgement on the proud.

The thing is, in that desire to rule over and dominate other wills... in that Lavos is a dark lord, or at least a thing fallen to a major corruption. That, I think - or at least says so on the synopsis - is one of the primary themes of the Silmarillion: the conflict between free creative art from inherent talents and the desire to dominate other minds and wills, and bend them to one's own. That was Morgoth's folly, I think.

Quote from: jotabe1789
The hedgehog itself is but the spaceship. The one who wants to be like God is the humanoid. As we all do. We all want all the power we can seize, because we know we are not gods.

Lavos kept the planet, the human planet, under tight control. Strieving for control. Would a true god need to fight for such control? A true god has control over anything that needs to be controlled, allowing for free will.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos and the Beginning
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2005, 03:43:06 pm »
Quote from: jotabe1789

Yeah, I know, that's why I said Lavos is stupid. And I reffer to him in the Hedgehog, rather then "the little humanoid in the Hedgehog". You were right about God, though. He has complete control of the world, and dosen't any stupid Frozen Flames to control over the world.

So, to make this entire page short: God rules, Lavos dosen't.