Author Topic: An Ayla Christmas Mega-Update  (Read 7854 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
An Ayla Christmas Mega-Update
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:06:01 am »
Yeah, for no particular reason, we're calling this one an An Ayla Christmas Mega-Update! Let's begin the holiday cheer with these new pieces of art: A Very Crono Christmas by Mysticalpha; Flea & Toma in Santa hats by tushantin; and Chrono Trigger Tribute by Dice!

[EPIC EDIT] Corona01 over at Kagero (the group that was making Chrono Ark) has discovered an Easter egg depicting Kid in Dewprism/Threads of Fate. She's found as a poster on a wall near a tavern in the town of Carona. What gives away the identity (besides the shoes) is her pose, which is an exact copy of her standard fighting pose in Chrono Cross. See the screenshot here, and if you need proof of the pose, click here! Thanks!

[FLASH STOCKING STUFFERS][1] Neo-Fusion has released Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Episode V, featuring the return of the Fusion Battle System! Also check out our fan project interview with Neo-Fusion here. But it doesn't end here! Neo-Fusion has teamed up with Ultra Publications to work on future episodes; read his Ultra Publications development blog here. [2] We also recently discovered Tyrant-D's hand-drawn Flash project Chrono Trigger: Crisis of Time! Keep an eye out for new episodes that promise to be "mind-boggingly epic"! [3] And if Santa's a bit late this year, hopefully you can forgive him -- he had to journey across time and fight ALL 100 of the monsters in Magus' Castle just to deliver a single gift! Thanks to MasaAndMune for creating this terrific and timely Flash.

[TRANSLATIONS]  Supporting Material Translation has been updated with three translations by Lorenz! The EGM screenshot showed a Goon enemy where Yakra would normally be in the Cathedral. We know now he says, "Well, it's about time to get started. This will be your grave." or "Now, let's get on with it! Welcome to your grave!!" Lorenz also translated the Takashi Tokita 2003 interview where he mentioned "Chrono Trigger 2", and it says:

"Tokita: The various operations departments at Square had been used to working independently, but then Enix entered into the picture. This meant a lot more chefs in the kitchen and, in a good way, served to shake things up a bit. I feel like the company is moving in a positive direction. That's why I feel like there could be a discussion about making a game like Chrono Trigger 2. But there is a big difference between someone upstairs bellowing "Make this game!" and the people in the trenches deciding themselves that they want to work on this project."

It sadly seems that discussion never took place. Lorenz most recently translated the Chrono Trigger DS OST liner notes, in which Mitsuda thanks his fans reminisces about gaining confidence as a composer. Head over to the Supporting Material Translation page and check it out! Lorenz is officially the Bounty King thanks to his contributions!

[SITE NEWS][1]  During the last analysis review, I forgot to evaluate something Cous posted several months ago. Now that it's been evaluated, we have a new Chrono Trigger plot hole (exclusive to the DS version). It's the Waystone Paradox!  [2]  Vehek has created two text files with Chrono Trigger Prerelease monster stats for perusal. The abridged version only lists monsters who have unique stats (rather than the default stat template). [ Prerelease Monster Stats - Prerelease Monster Stats (Abridged) ] The Monsters (CTP) page has been updated with relevant information.  [3]  Thanks to utunnels, all but 5 unknown monster techs have been pinpointed at the Chrono Cross Monster Techs page. Japanese equivalent names have also been added; many thanks! You can view an easily-searched table of monster Element grids here.  [4]  A new Guru court is debuting. For creating splendid translations, Lorenz is the new Guru of Life; Radical Pan becomes an emeritus. For a long history of helpful contributions, Vehek is the new Guru of Time; Thought becomes an emeritus. And for his consistent constructive presence on the forums and singular status as a luminary of the series, utunnels is the new Guru of Reason; Chrono'99 becomes an emeritus. Congratulations to all! May we never forget the most august GrayLensman.

[OTHER NEWS][1]  HOAAh  blrrabrbl  "ID FIGHT U BILLY" (but only when i need to) just4u  [2]  Check out tusahntin's tribute movie project here. There are still positions open!  [3]  It's been brought to our attention that Squareworx.net is selling rare items, like the Radical Dreamers music box. I'm a little suspicious, as they don't seem to be a legitimate Square Enix retailer. I'm surprised SE hasn't shut them down for creating an unofficial resale market like this.  [4]  Seriously, check out those Opus.XERO medleys in the remix watch, and head here for more of their work!

[ART]  Let's get things started with mysticalpha's latest awesome updates for his Chrono Trigger comic: [ What Chancellor? - In Another Panel ] desrever has made another fantastic Chrono-inspired sprite; this time, it's Sal! If you'd ever like to read the short backstories about each of desrever's characters, check this thread! encore submitted an image of four team members playing tennis; see it here. Katie Skyye recently had an elaborate dream about the Chrono series, inspiring three new pieces: [ Ice Princess Marle - Glenn...Frog Again - Mage Lucca ] Read about hte actual dream here! Uboa continues work on her Magus art, this time producing a colored piece here! tushantin submitted an animation of Cedric Guardia from Crimson Echoes; see it here. He's also done a lineart of William Ishito of Porre, viewable here.  [FICTION]  After taking a small break, Zipp Dementia has resumed work on "Chrono Break", and you can find the latest entry here! alfadorredux is also continuing Chrono Helix, the Chrono Cross script project; check on the latest progress here! Skylark's posted a humorous piece about the hiatus from Chrono: To the Sea of Dreams. New Compendium member Smokescale recently dropped in to deliver Chrono Variance, an eight-chapter prequel to Chrono Trigger. Check it out and leave feedback here. Rounding things out are two new chapters of The Real World: Chrono Trigger, viewable here. [hidden]

But Ayla atheist! How can Christmas???[/hidden]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:17:34 am by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: An Ayla Christmas Mega-Update
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 10:37:39 am »
I just realized that Mysticalpha stole my "A Very Chrono Christmas" title. I'd been saving that for a June special release. Bastard!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:00:34 pm »
mav is also continuing Chrono Helix, the Chrono Cross script project; check on the latest progress here!

Uh, ZeaLitY--I realize I haven't been very vocal here lately, but I haven't handed over CH to anyone.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:13:05 pm »
Looks like it's fixed now.

Man, I say this every time but I'm just so wowed that the Chrono community can keep up with this level of activity -- even after the C&D! This is a truly, truly impressive and talented fan community.

Thanks again to the translators, and congrats to the new Gurus!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:22:48 pm by FaustWolf »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 02:41:16 pm »
Wow...
Aw, I guess I should feel honored by my new guruship.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:16:07 am »
 :lee: Congrats to the new Gurus and Emeritus!

Oh mah gads, CT 2!

Oh mah gads, Mario reference!

OH MAH GADS, BILLY!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 02:18:07 am »
Updated the update with an EPIC EDIT.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 02:28:07 am »
That is interesting.
IIRC, Dewprism is also in square's preview CD along with Chrono Cross demo?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:30:51 am by utunnels »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 02:37:30 am »
Yeah.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 11:45:45 am »
I dumped the texture of that poster.
Too bad it is so tiny to give any details.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28:16 pm »
Kickass! Is there an Easter Egg section this can go into? I remember Chrono'99 found some CT references in Koi Ha: Balance of Lovers.

Great job to Corona for finding this!

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 01:48:07 pm »
Kickass! Is there an Easter Egg section this can go into?
Great job to Corona for finding this!
There is. Zeality's already put this reference on the Series Index page.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 06:28:31 pm »
Ah, it's on the Series Index Page if you scroll down, I see.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 06:45:00 pm »
I ought to link it from the Features page. I'll do that after the /fem/ submissions.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:06:50 pm »

A little photoshop work.
But it seems I need to choose another angle and background color.
And I just wonder what text is written above.