Author Topic: I just owned the Chrono Wikis Belthasar section.  (Read 2943 times)

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I just owned the Chrono Wikis Belthasar section.
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:06:50 pm »
Chrono Cross

In Chrono Cross, one is lead to believe it is but a mere character whom is also named Belthasar, like Glenn's case. But in fact it is the same Belthasar of Chrono Trigger. When one first meets Belthasar he is welcoming while the girl he is with, Marcy, is not. Later on during the attempted escape with Riddel from the Porre army, Belthasar assists in Serge's escape, only to have the party instead rescued by Grobyc. It isn't until much later in the story that it is revealed that it is the same Belthasar as of Trigger. During the events of Chronopolis it is revealed that Belthasar is in fact the one responsible for and in charge of Project Kid. Also as the keeper of Chronopolis, Belthasar is also the guardian of the Frozen Flame, protecting it from the clutches of the dragons. While his presence isn't always there, he certainly proves to be an extremely important asset to Chrono Cross, especially toward the end of the journey. Oddly he should be in 2300 A.D. not 1020 A.D. because Crono's team changed the future (in regards to Lavos, not the past) but it is possible they brought him to the present with the wings of time. Edit By Someone Smarter: Except whoever wrote this is completely and utterly retarded, because in fact, Belthasar was in 2300, residing in Chronopolis, directing FATE and project Kid. He caused a Time Crash, sending Chronopolis into the distant past, while he remained in 2300. He then made his own Neo-Epoch, and traveled back to 1020 in order to further direct Serge, as well as Project Kid. You can actually see this Neo-Epoch in a secret room in Viper Manor. Use your damn brain.

I made the edit pointed out in bold.

I wonder how long it'll be before they change it back to the incorrect version.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: I just owned the Chrono Wikis Belthasar section.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »
Although correct why the hell didn't you just fix it? Instead you took the roll of a troll and were a dick.

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:25:19 pm »
I'm no troll. I'm just an asshole who likes to point out peoples stupidity.

A troll isn't serious when he does things. He just wants to elicit a response, and to make people angry. I do it because it needs to be done.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 12:43:53 am »
... Troll.

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 01:51:33 am »
Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Aka, not me.

Also, did you know on some forums, calling someone a troll is considered trolling?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 01:59:09 am »
Argument (maybe) solved until someone else wants to randomly come in and unsolve it:

Chrono Cross

In Chrono Cross, one is lead to believe it is but a mere character whom is also named Belthasar, like Glenn's case. But in fact it is the same Belthasar of Chrono Trigger. When one first meets Belthasar he is welcoming while the girl he is with, Marcy, is not. Later on during the attempted escape with Riddel from the Porre army, Belthasar assists in Serge's escape, only to have the party instead rescued by Grobyc. It isn't until much later in the story that it is revealed that it is the same Belthasar as of Trigger. During the events of Chronopolis it is revealed that Belthasar is in fact the one responsible for and in charge of Project Kid. Also as the keeper of Chronopolis, Belthasar is also the guardian of the Frozen Flame, protecting it from the clutches of the dragons. While his presence isn't always there, he certainly proves to be an extremely important asset to Chrono Cross, especially toward the end of the journey. Oddly he should be in 2300 A.D. not 1020 A.D. because Crono's team changed the future (in regards to Lavos, not the past) but it is possible they brought him to the present with the wings of time. Edit: in fact, Belthasar was in 2300, residing in Chronopolis, directing FATE and project Kid. He caused a Time Crash, sending Chronopolis into the distant past, while he remained in 2300. He then made his own Neo-Epoch, and traveled back to 1020 in order to further direct Serge, as well as Project Kid. You can actually see this Neo-Epoch in a secret room in Viper Manor.

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 05:21:06 am »
A gentle nudge solves nothing. What is required is a hard smack across the face. That is the only way they'll learn.

My edit was a hard smack. Yours is nothing but a gentle nudge.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:46:46 am »
Sinister, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is one of those cases in wikia where, despite someone more knowledgeable correcting an article, the moderating team refuses to have their work changed. It can be frustrating, sure. I've run into this situation a few times before on a few wikia's myself, and even Wikipedia on one case. I can understand the desire to call the editors a jackass after a while, but the response in question is more than was warranted.

And if this isn't the case, then the response is most definitely trolling.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 02:11:58 pm »
A gentle nudge solves nothing. What is required is a hard smack across the face. That is the only way they'll learn.

If you're mean, nobody pays attention to you, regardless of what you may know.

Like if I insulted you before I made my point, you wouldn't care what my point was. So I didn't. Fair enough?

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 05:40:38 pm »
You owned that article man, you fucking owned it. TAKE THAT ARTICLE, AND YOU TOO, COMPENDIUM.

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 01:09:39 am »
You owned that article man, you fucking owned it. TAKE THAT ARTICLE, AND YOU TOO, COMPENDIUM.

YEAH, W00T. LET'S FIST BUMP, BRO. WOOOOOOO.

Also, Bekkler, I would care what your point was, if it was correct. However, if your point was incorrect, you'd quite possibly regret it. You obviously don't understand how I am.

Also, sometimes it is much more effective to have the correct point, then follow off with the insult. And much more fun.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 05:03:47 am »
Also, Bekkler, I would care what your point was, if it was correct. However, if your point was incorrect, you'd quite possibly regret it. You obviously don't understand how I am.

Also, sometimes it is much more effective to have the correct point, then follow off with the insult. And much more fun.

Your logic is contrived. If you want to make a point, then make a point. If you want to insult someone, do it.

But what you're saying is that you'd rather make someone feel stupid than help them gain knowledge. In which case, you're a troll. Even if you have more correct information than someone else, that doesn't mean they have to bow to the great and supreme all-knowing Spade. I don't see what you intend to gain other than a hard-on for ruining someone's day. Being mean and having fun are not (/should not be) the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:08:26 am by Mr Bekkler »

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 05:21:18 am »

Your logic is contrived. If you want to make a point, then make a point. If you want to insult someone, do it.

But what you're saying is that you'd rather make someone feel stupid than help them gain knowledge. In which case, you're a troll. Even if you have more correct information than someone else, that doesn't mean they have to bow to the great and supreme all-knowing Spade. I don't see what you intend to gain other than a hard-on for ruining someone's day. Being mean and having fun are not (/should not be) the same thing.

I can do both at the same time. I need not separate my efforts. If someone is stupid, I shall inform them as to why they are stupid, and then rub it in their face. To me, stupid people are like dogs. If you don't rub their faces in their own piss, they'll never learn. And if eventually they do not learn, they should be put down and removed from the gene pool. But I won't get into that.  :)

People on the internet these days throw around the word troll for every little thing. I am merely being me. I am being completely serious. Trolls generally are not. The correct word your searching for is asshole, which I admittedly am.

And how I love being one.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 05:44:28 pm »
I can do both at the same time. I need not separate my efforts. If someone is stupid, I shall inform them as to why they are stupid, and then rub it in their face. To me, stupid people are like dogs. If you don't rub their faces in their own piss, they'll never learn. And if eventually they do not learn, they should be put down and removed from the gene pool. But I won't get into that.  :)

Oh, but somehow sticking an emote at the end of your impressionistic rant against stupid people will erase the fact that you're acting like a supremacist for intelligence?  You had knowledge, and you used it to antagonize someone who was making their best-informed statement in the Wiki. Way to screw up a first impression; now it's gonna stick with you for the rest of the time you post in here.  Give yourself a pat on a back, you troll.

People on the internet these days throw around the word troll for every little thing. I am merely being me. I am being completely serious. Trolls generally are not. The correct word your searching for is asshole, which I admittedly am.

And how I love being one.

You are asserting that trolls are not generally serious in their acts.  Seriousness, however, is not exclusive to non-trolls. It's for everyone who posts about something they care about. Trolls, however, take it a step further by talking down to someone whom they don't agree with and passing off profanities as superior thinking in hopes that some member will give them praise.  Well, you got yours.  Congratulations.  Now go parade your intelligence to others who share your same assholistic convictions.

By the way, contrary to what you said:

Also, did you know on some forums, calling someone a troll is considered trolling?

Well, now you're just being picky and trying to slap a negative label on us for exposing you.  Have you no shame?

SinisterSpade

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 06:42:18 pm »

Oh, but somehow sticking an emote at the end of your impressionistic rant against stupid people will erase the fact that you're acting like a supremacist for intelligence?

Erase? No. Just saying that I wont go into further detail about my dreams of cleansing the gene pool of certain mindless fools. You definitaly do not want to hear my thoughts about what should be done with those suffering mental retardation.

You had knowledge, and you used it to antagonize someone who was making their best-informed statement in the Wiki. Way to screw up a first impression; now it's gonna stick with you for the rest of the time you post in here.

Oh, my. Whatever will I do? Look. Even my best friends know I'm an asshole. I don't care if a group of people on an internet message board know as well.

Give yourself a pat on a back, you troll.

Again, the correct word you are so feebly grasping for is asshole.

You are asserting that trolls are not generally serious in their acts.

Exactly. I'm going to ignore what you just said, because what you described was an asshole, not a troll. Perhaps you've never experienced a true troll? But oh well.

Well, now you're just being picky and trying to slap a negative label on us for exposing you.  Have you no shame?

Picky? No. Just stating a fact. On a good number of forums, calling someone else a troll is a form of trolling. For example, GameFAQs. I responded to a topic honestly about my thoughts on mental retardation, due to one member speaking of his brother. A large number of users came in calling me a troll for nothing more than my honest opinion on the matter. And, as the rules state, those who called me a troll had their posts deleted and various other things.

And no, shame is for the weak minded with no conviction in their beliefs.