Author Topic: I am not quite sure how to word this but how to you stop a rude website?  (Read 948 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
WITHOUT BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!

I know two rude websites that treat people like complete a pile of.....you know what but first I'll make a simple version of my message for those on here who have ADD and can't read properly :picardno as I want to get these websites to change for the better:

City data is well known to suck and treat members like puppest on a string and vgmusic dot com is a mix between communist/facisim/dictatorship all rolled into one unit leaving a very empty feeling if you have seen the pervious versions of the forums.                    2.0 and 1.0 which I liked 2.0 the best.

The first/Uno site is city data dot com  *A place and forum that talks about relocating/moving in the USA* and is the largest on the internet/WWW

There also was a HUGE/HUMONGOUS discussion was about on Topix.com and I even joined in the conversation which I was one out of 200 people talking about it and how the website is one-sided on how they treat people who aren't liberal  :x :cry: though I have NOT yet been banned there.   :shock:

Here http://www.topix.com/forum/state/co/T9SAT72F217RVP68C  *Turn down the volume due to an annoying ad which you may need to refresh to concentrate on reading*

I personally don't like Repulicans AND Liberals combined and both make me sick to me stomach. :P

There are HUNDREDES of people that have spoken out and there even is a sister website that a bunch of people made:

Another/second one is vgmusic dot com which is a video game music site that has been around for 10 years and has fallen down the tubes in terms of quality of midis and staff to user interaction in which I lurked/snooped around a bit and later joined which I VERY MUCH regreted later.

They are I think on version 4.0 on their forums and each one sucked worse and worse in general in all areas:

Don't even get me started non how the wish list NOW sucks when it DIDN'T used to before their last updgade.

The wish request section people used to get responded/replied to alot in version 2.0 and earlier even if the composer COULDN'T make the midi file right-off-the-bat which is often the case as midis take a VERY LONG TIME to make.................................if you want a top quality midi :shock:

Now a days the wish request section is full of request from obsecure games that never made it on the *popular* list while the *popular* section still has tons and TONS of gapping holes that need fixin.

I think I am going to start an entire new thread that describes the top 10 suckiest/stupidest websites that make you laugh/feel disgusted for even looking at it as those kind of people deserve to have their little cover blown aroud like tumbleweeds.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: I am not quite sure how to word this but how to you stop a rude website?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:27 am »
Here is a post from the Topix dot come website about city data who started the lengthly conversation:

Whymsy2008 says:
Hello to everyone! I am new to this forum so forgive me if my post seems in non-relation to the other subjects. I wanted to express a deep frustration I have with the city-data forums website. Probably based on pure stupidity, I decided to post a thread titled, "To All Yuppies Destroying Colorado"...Yes, I know that will rattle some chains. However, pretty much for fun and just arguments sake I went ahead and posted yesterday at this site. I didn't realize what a fiasco would ensue after my posting that thread. While I had a few that agreed with me, I more so had a few ticked off.Basically my point of view is that I do not appreciate the growth that is taking place in Colorado, and I think a lot of newcomers are bringing bad manners with them (specifically Fort Collins), and I do not like what's happening to Colorado in general. That's my opinion and I will hold onto that opinion. Inevitably when we have an opinion on anything, we will offend someone, that's life, but to be banned from a public forum? I got an email from "Mark from Back East", I guess he is some guy out there in cyberspace that runs city-data, and he refered to me as a "troll". Okay, I am really naive in terms of this forum stuff, but what exactly is a "troll"? Am I a troll for having a strong stance on the subject manner or what? Look, I don't know about everyone else, but I think it's becoming more and more evident that we have to filter every little word that comes out of our mouths these days. By being banned from the site, I am a tad reminded of a Nazi mentality that I think is running rampid in our society. Is there no such thing as freedom of speech? I agreed to the rules and regulations prior to registering with the site. I did not call anyone names, threaten anyone, or anything of that matter. I just had a point of view and a strong opinion on a topic. I could have chosen different words, but I think we are all entitled to our opinions AS LONG as were not deliberately hurting someone. Am I the only one that thinks more and more of our rights are being taken away (I mean being banned from a silly forum site)? I think that's extreme, but maybe it's just me.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:18:32 am »
 I believe you are in violation of Compendium's terms of service, by mentioning these sites by name.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:13:14 am »
That, and there really isn't a way to stop said "rude websites". The internet is a vast place, and anyone can practically put anything they like on it, including a forum and other such things. And anyone can act however they like on the internet. Trolls, Flamers, Spammers...they are all here, on the internet, surrounding us with their annoyances. And the only way to stop it is to report them to the site administrators, ignore them, or just leave the site. Other than that, there isn't much else you can do.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »
TK's right. That's also delving into the constitution, which many countries have adopted similar policies to, as well as the internet.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 05:23:10 pm »
http://www.smileyhut.com/naughty/axe.gif   http://www.smileyhut.com/naughty/dead_n_final.gif 

*Sighs*  I juss you're right.      It's just I have a whole bunch of fan stuff such as music from websites that have held a lot of promise and wind up going down the tubes.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 05:25:51 pm »
 That's life. Get your own website,  and keep backups of your content.