Author Topic: Janus after Lavos' death in 12000BC?  (Read 872 times)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
Janus after Lavos' death in 12000BC?
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:53:46 am »
I was standing waiting for my ride home tonight and I started thinking about what would happen to Janus/Magus in 600AD after Crono and the gang destroyed Lavos in 12000BC. (I'm not talking about the Magus accompanying Crono and the gang)

- In the original timeline Magus went after Lavos and disappeared (possibly killed by Lavos? - or this reality never even occurred)
- In Crono's Timeline Magus was confronted by Crono and the others and he ended up back in 12000BC

So what happens to the other Magus? The one sent from Crono's timeline as Janus to 600AD? When he summons Lavos does he just get sucked into an empty pocket dimension where Lavos once resided or what? Because technically Lavos is destroyed so there'd be an alternate Magus that never got sent back to 12000BC or fought Lavos (you know, with Lavos having the handicap of being dead!)

Is there some sort of paradox here? Maybe I'm onto something...

Anyway what do you think happened to this alternate Janus/Magus that was in the timeline after Lavos was destroyed in 12000BC?

Note: I mustn't continue to refer to them as Crono and the gang, sounds too 70s...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Janus after Lavos' death in 12000BC?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:14:53 am »
Well, Time Bastard will sent him to the DBT. After all, a Gate was opened there, and they time traveled because of it, so even if it doesn't appear anymore since Lavos is gone, TB would still act.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »

He wouldn't have been sucked into a Pocket Dimension because that concept has already been debunked and laid to rest.

Anyways, time would still see to him still existing in 600 A.D. to summon Lavos and not get sucked in.  If not, then he would suffer from the Grandfather Paradox (at least, that's what I think would happen).

All I know is that if Lavos was destroyed in 12,000 B.C. by your choosing, then that would entail him never being sent to 600 A.D.  If that was the case, then he would've never summoned Lavos, and the party wouldn't be there to stop him, and they never would've caught up to him in 12,000 B.C. to stop Lavos in 12,000 B.C.(ad infinitum)

Hopefully, this helps to clear things up.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 01:09:14 pm »
Magus would still get "sent" to 12000 B.C. His original trip there is an act of time traveling, and so it's protected by TTI.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:34:54 am »
Magus would still get "sent" to 12000 B.C. His original trip there is an act of time traveling, and so it's protected by TTI.

Ah, quite right that.