Author Topic: How long was Lucca in 990 A.D.?  (Read 1541 times)

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
How long was Lucca in 990 A.D.?
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:34:38 am »
When Lucca goes back to 990 A.D. to save her Mother's legs, you can read Young Lucca's diary.

Now when you succeed or fail to save Lara's legs a new entry is added to the diary. The thing is that there's a bit of a gap in between the journal logs.
Since the game lets Lucca read the diary logs that Young Lucca wrote does this mean that Lucca stays in 990 A.D. for a short while?

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: How long was Lucca in 990 A.D.?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:30:47 am »
what i think happened is the one that you find in her room before laras accident is one from a while ago. maybe lucca isnt consistent. lucca could have been there for five minutes for all we know.

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:58 pm »
The first diary log that you read makes it sound like it's the day that the accident happened.

(Diary)
6/24/990 A.D.
Dad promised to go hiking with me, but blew me off again, due to his work. I hate science! I loathe it!

This explains why Taban was not there to stop the machine from hurting his wife.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:15:15 pm »
But doesn't usually diary entries are written at the end of the day in question to write? If so, then that was clearly written even as early as that day's yesterday.

I would wonder about the other entry, though. I wonder why did Lucca stayed for a while after the incident. Maybe in case a new incident were to happen soon after, but I'm not sure.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »
At the very least, Lucca stayed long enough for her younger self to recover enough from the excitement to write a journal and then leave it lying around. At least several hours had to pass, but not that much time passes in 1000. I guess that means that Red Gates aren't affected by Time Error.

As for why she waited, ... maybe the red gate didn't open up for her right away?