Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98647 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #1125 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »
He is at a loss on what to do with it. Curiously, the cat has a collar, but my dad thinks it either escaped home or was dumped in the area, since it is also somewhat dirty (it's a white cat so it's very noticeable). Either way what I think is that it looks like it's trying to find a new home... maybe...
I'd say, keep it!

Despite knowing cats think of themselves as Gods of realms they trespass (a harsh reality many cat owners have come to accept, simply because they're too adorable to not forgive), I'm still one to believe that when an animal follows you or simply shows up and stays, it's a holy* sign that you're bound to keep. Besides, cats aren't too bothersome (besides tearing down your furniture and eating your fish), as their take their troubles outside and not in the house (so long as they respect you).

*I say "holy" not in the context of "divine", but by "opportunity" to kindness and empathy; though you're free to interpret as the former anyway.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:13 pm »
First thing to do is find out if there are any tags on the kitteh's collar. Even if there's no requirement where you are to license cats, his(?) previous humans may have tagged him with their phone number.

Second thing to do is check around and see if anyone's lost a cat. Local papers (if you still have 'em), Craigslist or equivalent, local animal shelters, and the cork board in the entryway of your local grocery store might all be worth looking at. Consider leaving notices of your own, if you can d it for cheap/free. (Edit: And if anyone new has recently moved into your area, ask them if they have a cat...)

Thirdly, if you can't find the owner in a reasonable amount of time, either take the cat in or place him with a no-kill shelter, 'cause leaving him on the street to get run over or worse is kind of irresponsible.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:31:33 pm by alfadorredux »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 25, 2013, 11:16:57 pm »
Well, since I don't actually live with my dad I'm kinda in an position to do little about it. The cat has no tag, and considering my dad lives in a closed up space... well, how can I describe it better, it's basically in a 0-shaped road with houses all around and 2 entry points, and one's always locked with a gate since no one uses it. And as far as I know no one has moved in there recently, so the cat is pretty much an outsider.

Well, we'll soon see what to do about this...

EDIT: Well well, according to my dad the cat still showed up throughout the week. And now tonight it did as well. Apparently it's now in a territorial dispute with another cat. It's pretty much living on the backyard now.

EDIT2: It seems the cat is finally gone. Or at least, my dad has not seen it lately. Oh well...

Anyway... wow, I think this is the first time I'm actually able to log in while those Memory Cache things or something are displayed at the top.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:46:22 pm by Acacia Sgt »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 18, 2013, 05:56:36 am »
For some reason I used to think Stephen King was British. Recently I realized I was thinking about Stephen Hawking when reading the name.

:lol:

I've been reading Dark Tower series for weeks, BTW.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:59:04 am by utunnels »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1129 on: April 26, 2013, 11:24:06 am »
This one's for you Naruto fans out there:

[youtube]F6mSdpMJCdc[/youtube]

So.... Chrono Trigger live action, anyone?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 14, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »
So as I searched up stuff about the E3 and stuff, I couldn't help but laugh at how the response was for Microsoft's presentation of the XBoxOne and it's... um, features... as I mentioned in the videogame thread. Though to elaborate here, it has been the source for mockery.

Even Sony itself jumped on the bandwagon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I mean, come on, you could even feel the intent of the creation of that video...

So, heh, yeah...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:22:04 pm by Acacia Sgt »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1131 on: July 03, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »
eReaders / eInk Display Readers are almost non-existent in Third Worlds such as India. Nobody's heard of it. Nobody can even buy it, even if they've heard of it! Kindle and Nooks are pretty much gadgets from Mars to use people, and even if we DO get it, the deal would seem worthless because it costs three times the actual price (like, if it's 70 dollars in the US, the retailers sell it for 200 dollars for the same device here) or needs a damn CREDIT / DEBIT CARD to order online from abroad (which 90% of the people CAN'T do in India, since many don't even have Debit Cards or are too scared to get them for obvious reasons). Besides, a Tablet could do so much more than the price Kindle's being sold for here, isn't it? You can get a cheap Galaxy Tab for just the same price!

To be honest, I LOVE the eInk display. It's the kind of screens I wish every freaking computational display would use (especially a more advanced version of Qualcomm's Mirasol Display). I abhor self-illuminated screens, unless it's dark then a "bit" of self-illumination would be nice, but not too much.

So such a magnificent piece of technology would require lots of money or sheer dumb luck to acquire, huh?

I'm one of those lucky few! HUZZAH!

My Ausie uncle knew I loved books, so he got me a Kindle. Now I can't really buy books from Amazon for it, but I'm clever enough to get them for free (no, not illegally; I mean TOTALLY LEGAL Public Domain classics, such as Project Gutenberg, from where I can finally get the whole collection of Human Comedy, Dostoevsky, Goethe, Sherlock Holmes and Arsene Lupin)! That, and thankfully Flipkart sells eBooks now (without actually selling eReaders... I don't get that logic), though I'm not sure if those too are Cash-On-Delivery. LOL!

I'm totally loving my new Kindle! It was confusing at first, but now it's awesometastic! HUZZAH eReaders!

I'm still kinda fascinated with how a device can shut-down or go into Stand-By mode while STILL displaying a grey-scale screensaver. It boggles the mind!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1132 on: July 08, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
I feel terror-struck after such a long time time.

I was always a very fearful and imaginative child, horribly afraid of the tiniest things out there (my biggest fears at the age of 6 were... movie credits; I was always afraid that the scrolling texts might just appear before me and... I dunno what they'd do, but it was pretty scary nonetheless). But for the past decade, it was nearly impossible to get me afraid of anything (and hence my fearlessness and recklessness in the face of adversity); show me a horror film, thriller film, anything at all that you find "bat-shit scary", and I wouldn't even blink. I began to believe myself immune to "fear" for so long now.

But only recently have I managed to learn the differences between Fear and Terror. True, I'm quite fearless. But right now, I'm downright terrified. So much that, for the past four hours now, my knees tremble and hair stand on my arms and at the back of my neck. I feel my consciousness shaken, my meditative calmness disturbed, and my focus lost. My fingers are shaking while I'm writing this.

And you know what? It feels absolutely fantastic!

I've missed the feeling of terror, and even a small dose of this ugly feeing hits me far stronger than bottles of vodka or any alcohol ever can. At the same time, it brings me my sense of self, makes me more present in the moment. The cold shiver down my spine feels so good that my trembling limbs find this shockwave of energy almost unbearable, rendering me ready for action. It makes me smile...

...that smile of insanity. I also worry that, despite the positive affects of terror on my psyche (which is useful at least once a while), it pushes me closer and closer to the realms of insanity, unlocking the wildest imaginations nobody could bare to think about or look at lest they scream in discomfort and anxiety. It brings me closer to hell. Not to mention it's freaking night time, and I'm bound to get nightmares, something I do not appreciate.

I can't tell whether I should be grateful or resentful towards this feeling of terror...

idioticidioms

« Reply #1133 on: July 08, 2013, 10:22:45 pm »
When you feel nothing, how do you know you're really alive?

You know what will really drive you insane? Thinking about how something can drive you insane. How do you fall? Thinking about falling. Don't get caught up in thinking about stuff too long, because you will think yourself into a corner and it's hard to get back out of one once you're in it.

If I may ask, what terrified you?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1134 on: July 10, 2013, 11:05:06 am »
When you feel nothing, how do you know you're really alive?
Good question! Although, it wasn't that I didn't feel anything. It's just that I didn't feel fear (and hence my rebelliousness when facing odds, such as those that might actually end up killing me and putting my family into trouble). I'm a really rebellious person, and paired with great eccentricity, I'm that one person you'd never wish to go out with lest you find yourself in a really rough edge that you never imagined (despite the fact I'm an introvert).

And that's always quite a fun endeavour for me. Haha!

You know what will really drive you insane? Thinking about how something can drive you insane. How do you fall? Thinking about falling. Don't get caught up in thinking about stuff too long, because you will think yourself into a corner and it's hard to get back out of one once you're in it.
And yet I've a really nasty urge to fall. XD Reason being, it gives me challenges to face my own weaknesses in this sense in completely irrelevant ways. Sure, I almost always lose those challenges, but failure is far too fun for me than anything else.

The only reason I blinked when I looked into the abyss that night was because the terror was just too much for me to handle. But right now it seems like a good time to look again. So here's the answer to your next question.

If I may ask, what terrified you?

Warning! NSFW, nor is it safe for your sanity (probably)! Kids, don't click it! (Or, DO click it; I know you rascals will definitely click it if I ask tell you not to, so if I tell you to click it... you'll click it anyway, so let's just throw this idea out the window, it's not like I've got your life on strings or anything...

Let's just say I took a field-trip to hell, thought it would be a fun adventure. The first few moments were terrifying for normal people but wasn't for me. The third day, I scratched the surface and, though it wasn't anything dangerous, it still freaked the hell out of me.

I can't talk about the details of my ventures (even though that might drive me into misanthropy, not unlike Sajainta, but I wouldn't like to make comparisons). But here's something irrelevant that would even then represent the surface I scratched (don't look at it when it's night, but do close the curtains when it's day. Urban Legends have it that this picture can have strange effects on some kinds of people, and the schizophrenic ones are led to killing themselves. Take this legend with a grain of salt, but your curiosity is your own risk. Personally, I plunge headlong into the abyss out of curiosity anyway.)

smile.jpg
or even smile.dog.jpg

Look it up on Google.

Hope you have pleasant dreams!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:08:09 am by tushantin »

idioticidioms

« Reply #1135 on: July 10, 2013, 04:20:11 pm »
That's one of the best urban legends I've had the pleasure of reading. Every so often, I'll catch myself reading urban legends in the dark of night; a whole bunch at once; and they'll get to me, because nothing says 'fear' quite like something you can't fight against or prepare against.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 11, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
A few months ago my mother couldn't remember the word for "Dalek" and called them the "Dollop Things" and it was beautiful.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1137 on: August 06, 2013, 09:33:52 am »
Oh, for the love of football!

[youtube]Pcj0SzDhBKo[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1138 on: August 20, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
Woohoo! There's a interesting theory (or a hypothesis) in anthropology about the beginning of linguistics, or language. I found this out when I was reading "JLA: Tower of Babel", where R'as ul Ghul decides to convolute the world's language, and instantly looked up further on the Christian mythos of that with some historical references.

Some say that "complex language", such as the predecessors of English, may have actually been invented by our species by chance. One supposition states that effect of "psychedelic fungi" that stimulated synaesthesia in some people and essentially merge sensory pathways in the brain -- essentially being able to see voices, feel sounds, smell colors, etc. which also somehow affected their survival mechanisms. Herein, our communications "expanded" beyond the primitive means and using creative means to convey ideas and experiences... with a single pen.

In other words, half the "poetic devices" most poets, writers and artists use to convey their idea comes FROM this primordial stimulus.

When you look at this bit of information AGAIN, when you read this simple post right now, at first you might just nod and go back to your daily routine lives... but inspect closely, and realize how awesome, mindblowing, miraculous even, that a "single digit" on a computer can help our brains interpret all the different thoughts that someone at the other side of the world is having in their minds right now, tinkering with different landscapes of imaginations and constructing ideas with reason, all of which can be "Transmitted" to another person with the single press of a button.

Or better yet, wirelessly, with you your "mouth" as you form sentences to a friend nearby. Every emotion, every thought that crosses your mind, every idea, every "imaginary worlds" you create that you can turn into a reality... can be accomplished with a single sentence, or a written word by using something as simple as an "ink", a blob of pigments which was "just there" until someone decided, "HOLY SHIT, I CAN USE THIS FOR... what again?"

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 22, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »
TIL (courtesy of Reddit)... Well, not today, but recently...

Kissing likely originated in India approximately 3,000 years ago. It was made popular and spread around the world by the Romans.