Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98628 times)

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #1110 on: July 11, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »
I've seen both clowns and oversized livestock.

I saw a woman with a mustache!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 12, 2012, 02:36:03 am »
This morning, when I got to work, I crashed into an unexpectedly locked door. But that is okay, I know it wont happen again. Why?

Because one does not simply walk into more doors!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1112 on: July 12, 2012, 05:57:55 am »
(Haha, watching Game of Thrones somehow made my mind mix and mash up strange words; my head stuck with "Game of Scones", my curiosity made me google it, and I found... THINGS.)

The Game of Scones -- The Song of Pies and Fire

Quote from: Cereal Cannister
When playing the Game of Scones, you either eat... or you cry!

Quote from: Eddard Starved
Breakfast is coming!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 25, 2012, 03:25:49 pm »
Split infinitives are the grammatical version of a three-way.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 08, 2012, 03:57:47 pm »
I just met someone with a last name of "Medina."

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1115 on: November 09, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »
I just met someone with a last name of "Medina."
Interesting, I've actually known a girl named "Ayla" from my locality (about 6 years ago, I think). That, and a good friend of mine is named after this guy ----------->  :)  (Although, it's "slightly" differently spelled)

Beyond Chrono series, I've also met someone with a first name "Chandrahas", who probably didn't know what's so great about it (in fact, I doubt that even those Indians who know the story of Ramayana would know what "Chandrahas" is). The term means something along the lines of "Moon Blade" or "Moon Cutter / Slicer" (though some argue that, since "Has" is a Hindi word for "Laughter", the sword literally means "Laughter of the Moon"), originating from the ancient language Prakrit; it was actually a sword that once belonged to the badass Goddess Durga (also known as, the "Slayer of the Waterbuffalo Demon"), and was eventually passed to the Demon King Raavana (who used it to cut Jatayu's wings). That sword is equally legendary as Arthur's Excalibur (granted to him by Ninveh), Sigurd's Balmung (with which he slew Fafnir), and Yamato Takeru's Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi (which was found in the tail of Orochi, uncovered by Susanoo).

If you don't get what I mean, imagine naming your child "Mjolnir", "Storm Bringer", or "Green Destiny". I don't need to say more than that.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:09:24 pm by tushantin »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 09, 2012, 08:05:20 pm »
Heh, I saw someone mentioned s/he was having Russian name syndrome while reading a translated Chinese novel. Perhaps that is one of the problem why transliteration doesn't work well. Like most western names are random symbols to me so I can not feel the awesomeness within them.
 There are still too many things to learn.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1117 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:04 am »
http://sherlockholmes.wikia.com/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_3

Holy sheeit, sholly hit!

Rumor: Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin in the modern cinema? If it's true, MY DREAM'S COME TRUE!

I wonder if the script is based on "The Blonde Lady", but might even be original. I sincerely hope that, unlike the other adaptations (which were kinda lame), this time Arsene Lupin is portrayed properly.

Pardon my fan-excitation.

*ahem*

*screams like a fangirl, then faints*

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1118 on: December 06, 2012, 05:39:03 am »
My phone is more religious than me!

See, I'm using this keyboard called TouchPal on my Android device, and it's neat for it's Swype feature. It also has a good auto complete feature where you only need to type ONE letter and it shows you a list of most relevant words starting from it. When you click on the first word, it will proceed to give you suggestions on the next word based on internal prediction.

And if I keep selecting the first of the suggested words it not only completes my sentences for me in the most hilarious ways imaginable, but also seems to loop around the clause "I just want a relationship with god".

Case point:

good night everyone is going out into the world is when I get a follow back please follow me please I love you so much to do it again today is the best of luck to all the time I see you in the morning to you too much to do it again today is the best of luck to all the time I just want a relationship with god bless you all the time I see you in the morning and I just want a relationship with god bless you all the time I see you in the morning and I just want a relationship with god 

looks like a boss is the best of luck to all the time I see you in the morning and I just want a relationship with god bless you all the time I see you in the morning and I just want a relationship with god

no wonder he have the same minds and I just want a relationship with god

I don't really mind my phone having a relationship with God, but I wonder if God really is into... er... mechanical... bewilderment?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 14, 2012, 01:55:38 am »
This was a small thing, but it made me laugh nonetheless.

So I was playing Samurai Warriors 3, in Story Mode with Mitsunari Ishida. I was playing the last stage, The Battle of Sekigahara, and was already halfway into the stage. So there comes this part where the gate to the southeast part of the map opens up, where 3 ally officers, Hidemoto Mouri, Morichika Chosokabe, and Hiroie Kikkawa, were located, and the first two would begin heading north.

Having played this stage a few times already, I knew that shortly afterwards Hiroie defects to the Eastern Army and Hanzo Hattori appears nearby, and both begin attacking Hidemoto and Morichika. So as I was heading over there I used a War Drum item, that gives a combat boost to ally officers.

Thing is, I used it before Hiroie actually changed sides so when I got there, to my surprise, he still had the effects of the War Drum, despite being an enemy now.

Well, he did was slightly harder to defeat at any rate. :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1120 on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:18 am »
So, there's a wedding afoot. The groom and his family abhor dowry. Yet, dowry is something tradition demands. So, what should the dowry be?

How about... a really...  big...  fish wrapped in pretty sheets and plate?

Looks like someone's having sea food for dinner!

God, I love Kolkatta and my cousin's creativity. XD

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:31 am »
Apparently there is this white cat that took some sort of interest in us. When we were at my dad's house for him to pick up something, this cat jumped into the car. It stayed there for a bit before getting out... only to then enter the house when my dad opened the door to exit.

Even better, once we came back the cat showed up again and likewise reentered the house! My dad had to lure it back outside with a can of tuna.

That's certainly one interesting cat... :lol:

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 24, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »
Reminds me of the old story about the sign posted in the window of a certain store, which showed a photograph of a feline accompanied by this sentence:

"Does anyone recognize this cat? It thinks it lives here."

If you're not careful, you may find yourselves with a new family member...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1123 on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:10 am »
If you're not careful, you may find yourselves with a new family member...

That sentence makes me so happy that I'm barely careful now. xD

Hurrah for the carefree world!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »
That cat's up to something. Just yesterday my dad found out the cat spent the night sleeping next to one of the windows. :lol:

He is at a loss on what to do with it. Curiously, the cat has a collar, but my dad thinks it either escaped home or was dumped in the area, since it is also somewhat dirty (it's a white cat so it's very noticeable). Either way what I think is that it looks like it's trying to find a new home... maybe...