Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98663 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #1050 on: February 16, 2012, 02:38:17 am »
I am disappointed in the beardlessness of my fellow Compendiumites. Beard, men! Shall winter claim your faces?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1051 on: February 16, 2012, 04:34:33 am »
Contrary to my avatars, I'm with Boo here. I did try once, but the result looked kinda like Swiss cheese. :P  Surely, some innate talent is involved!
Now that instinctively made me look up "swiss cheese" pictures on Google.  :shock:

Today's amusement: A friend of mine is going to be visiting New York, so last night she implored me to stay and spend some time with her on Skype. Somehow, the message on her phone next to my Skype icon said, "Now get on your bed and scream" and that scared / distracted her immensely, especially since I never say such sadistic things. Tried to search through my convo logs but didn't find anything, but she did: apparently I once tried to encourage her through her university tests by saying, "Now get on your bed and scream that you will not give in until you conquer these petty trials! YOU'RE THE BEST AND YOU'RE PROUD!" But poor Skype seemed to show only part of the message.

:lol: She couldn't seem to get rid of the distracting bite-sized message, though, so I gave her a secret anecdote to override her perception of the message. I just wish I could see her expression every time she looks at it though.  8)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1052 on: February 16, 2012, 01:24:23 pm »
Hell, even I can grow a beard. It's only two hairs thick, but there you have it. The tiniest goatee ever.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1053 on: February 16, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »
Pigeons. At the window. Non-stop wing-beating slap-fights (for ten minutes straight)!

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 17, 2012, 12:56:56 am »
If personal experience has any weight then yup, it's true.  All of the non-Christian men I've had (consensual) sex with have been ten times better in the sack than the Christian ones.  The Christian guys had the whole guilt thing going on, and it wasn't the kind of guilt that can be sexy ("ooh what if we get caught").  It was that self-esteem-crushing, "I'm a bad person for doing this" kind of guilt that killed their confidence and made them nervous and awkward.  I had one guy break down after we had sex for the first time because he felt so guilty.

People shouldn't feel guilty about wanting to have sex, whether in the confines of marriage or not.  It's a completely natural thing and (if you're doing it right), it feels good.  Unfortunately, most Christians are guilted about sex for almost their entire lives.  From infancy until I broke free of Christian circles, I was told that anything sexual was very, very bad and that I needed to be modest and not masturbate and remain pure.  In high school I heard so many horror stories during chapel time of women who had sex before marriage and how it completely ruined their lives.  Even if I hadn't been abused, I probably would have been terrified of sex anyway just because of all the things I was told my entire life.

The Christianity I grew up with lays the guilt on real thick when it comes to sex, and it shows.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1056 on: February 17, 2012, 10:52:13 am »
Ohohohoho~

http://www.christianpost.com/news/atheists-claim-they-make-better-lovers-69612/
I freakin' love that bill-board! But somehow, that incites me to say so many cheesy lines.

No, Cyan, restrain yourself!

..........."Hey, babe! The word of God is 'Love'. But even if it ain't there, let's make it like nobody's watching!"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:58:30 am by tushantin »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »
Both my wife and I are Christian, and I can assure you that nothing can kill the mood like imagining Jesus peeking up from the foot of the bed and saying, "hey guys, what'cha doing?"

If possible, imagine that in a slightly high pitched voice.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:27 pm »
I read through all three pages of comments on that article. What gets me is how the sign says in clear words "Atheists make better lovers".

Yet everyone talking about it has something to say about "Christians". It doesn't say Christian on the billboard. It doesn't even say "Atheists make better lovers THAN Christians". Yet everyone with faith gets butthurt because they think it's for them. It's not. It's not FOR anyone with a religion.

In fact, the syntax is rather brilliantly chosen. Why?

Because, anyone religious who argues with the sign's message is arguing that the sign's claim... has... no... proof. :lol: Irony.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1059 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:24 pm »
Because, anyone religious who argues with the sign's message is arguing that the sign's claim... has... no... proof. :lol: Irony.
And it doesn't.  8) Still:

Cheese Lines II: "Oh, baby, did you pray for joy last night? Because I'm a heaven-sent angel here to give you all of it tonight."

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »
So apparently last night was the very first time I notice I'm actually dreaming while in a dream. Well, I so totally didn't expect that, considering the usual set-up of my dreams. :lol:

Not that it helped me much after knowing it. The usual whacky hi-jinxes kept happening for the rest of the dream. :roll:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1061 on: February 20, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »
So apparently last night was the very first time I notice I'm actually dreaming while in a dream. Well, I so totally didn't expect that, considering the usual set-up of my dreams. :lol:

Not that it helped me much after knowing it. The usual whacky hi-jinxes kept happening for the rest of the dream. :roll:
....BUT WE NEED TO GO DEEPER!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1062 on: February 24, 2012, 05:19:07 am »
I was right all along...

The "right man for the job" is a flawed concept, at least currently. Extroverts reign supreme. Social skills are paramount.

Vautrin, you sly pig, you've been right all along! When you go to a party, never come back empty-handed. So true!

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 25, 2012, 08:25:03 am »
the ability to socialize like no one else is what sets 99 percent of famous people apart, talent is but secondary (hell some don't even need talent if they look shmexy enough). most social interaction is not the person themselves but a 'stage actor' they put on to be liked.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 25, 2012, 12:11:29 pm »