Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98643 times)

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
good tidings to all
« Reply #1005 on: December 23, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
Since I may or may not be checking the forums these next few days, figured I'd share post from a user on another forum, lanesblitz.com:

"As I like to do every year around this time, I'd like to extend to you all my hearty legal xmas greetings:

From me ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee"):

Please accept without obligation, explicit or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions.

Please also accept, under aforesaid waiver of obligation on your part, my best wishes for a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of this calendar year of the Common Era, but with due respect for the calendars of all cultures or sects, and for the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you acknowledge that:

1. This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal at the wishor's discretion.

2. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

3. This greeting implies no warranty on the part of the wishors to fulfill these wishes, nor any ability of the wishors to do so, merely a beneficent hope on the part of the wishors that they in fact occur.

4. This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishors.

5. This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

6. The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

7. Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

Best Regards to all,

Glenn

PS: Extra special thanks to those of you who've become good mates over the years, some of you back to 2003 at the old forum, and plenty of others since then. You know who you are: thanks for the chats and good times. I sure wish I could meet you all one day."

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #1006 on: December 23, 2011, 05:35:05 pm »
XDDD That's the best Christmas greetings ever!

Wait a second, he didn't mention the Sol Invictus. Let's sue the guy!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:37:36 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1007 on: December 28, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »
https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/861710

[regression] smspillaz fails to sleep at proper hours, despite solar status

:lol:

In case you were born yesterday, "Launchpad" is where you file bugs regarding software and operating system (mostly Ubuntu), and "SMSpillaz" is actually a person in charge of working on a framework/software called "Compiz". The bug was filed by his mom.

But the most hilarious thing is the comments below there mentioning the developers actually trying to fix that bug.

John Lea: Marked 'won't fix' for ayatana-design, if Sam started sleeping there would definitely be a negative UX impact.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:20:45 pm by tushantin »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 29, 2011, 01:08:37 am »
So the clothes my mom gave to my uncles for Christmas... turns she got the sizes wrong and didn't fit them. A size that actually... well, now I have even more clothes for this winter. :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2011, 01:48:58 pm »
Quote from: Sherlock, on Twitter
Oh, followers, I do wonder (rarely) what goes on in those tiny, uncomprehending minds of yours.

Eugh, fans.

Haha, he's probably envious because his "fans" are waiting to witness Irene Adler's awesomeness next year.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1010 on: January 01, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »
I'm so amused right now.

A friend of mine was looking for ideas on a "unique drink of the year". Just to pull his leg, I gave him the weirdest things that came to mind (including, "Tomato Coke Torpedo", with a bit of shoe-lace mixed in). He asked me to get serious, and I told him about the three-fold fires of Brighid and what each of her fires signify.

...and he fucking made a cocktail out of it! The "Celtic Triple Flame" he calls it, and tastes freakin' good! It kinda burns your throat sorta, but that's part of the appeal. It tastes like the belching fires of human spirit, and at the same time it soothes your nerves.

And now he says he'll use the same concept for a chocolate.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1011 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Rick Santorum
“I believe the earth gets warmer, and I also believe the earth gets cooler, and I think history points out that it does that and that the idea that man through the production of CO2, which is a trace gas in the atmosphere and the man-made part of that trace gas is itself a trace gas, is somehow responsible for climate change is, I think, just patently absurd when you consider all of the other factors, El Niño, La Niña, sunspots, you know, moisture in the air.”

So absurd it made me laugh.

El Niño, La Niña, sunspots, you know, moisture in the air.

you know, moisture in the air.

MOISTURE IN THE AIR.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 11, 2012, 05:04:17 am »
You just got this song stuck in my head with the wrong words:

[youtube]P2-VGDF4y18[/youtube]

moisture in the air
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:06:30 am by Mr Bekkler »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 14, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »
First comment says it all.

[youtube]0fTcf6X0-Ik[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1014 on: January 18, 2012, 03:44:16 pm »
Once upon a time, I annoyingly pestered cordially requested some people to go watch the South-Indian movie Enthiran (don't worry, I don't speak South-Indian languages either).

Finally, here's an American who has thoroughly enjoyed it! http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-you-can-learn-about-india-from-their-action-movies/

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 18, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »
*If you're not familiar with modalism, it is basically the belief that the three "persons" of the Trinity are just the same guy but in different modes. Sort of like in Transformers: Beast Machines, characters have a robot mode, a beast mode, and a vehicle mode. Under modalism, calling Jesus a different entity from the Holy Spirit would be like calling beast mode Optimus Primal a different being than vehicle mode Optimus Primal.

Eeeheeheehee! XD
Explaining a religious concept with a Transformers analogy...it's too funny! And it works, too! But Red and I had a good laugh. >w<

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1016 on: January 19, 2012, 03:37:02 am »
I really want to see that movie. Sadly, by the time I'd heard of it, the Bollywood theater near me had already stopped running it.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2012, 02:46:22 pm »
Guys, quick!

I just got hit in the eye and think it may turn into a black eye. In the event that it does, I need a good story to tell people on Monday when they ask! Either that, or someone needs to quickly send me a badass eyepatch by Monday.

You're all creative people. Any ideas?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2012, 03:05:11 pm »
Guys, quick!

I just got hit in the eye and think it may turn into a black eye. In the event that it does, I need a good story to tell people on Monday when they ask! Either that, or someone needs to quickly send me a badass eyepatch by Monday.

You're all creative people. Any ideas?
Hubba what? Who hit you in the eye? Why? What's a monkey gonna try? Why'd ya need to lie? D'ya want em stir fry? Is the prick somewhere nigh? Guess he wants to cry.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 21, 2012, 12:00:27 am »
Um... okay then, Tushantin. Whatever you just said! n_n'

Seems like it won't turn out to be a black eye after all. We were getting snow off of Red's car, and my mom's rake (she was clearing off the top of the car) slipped and hit me in the eye. It hurt like a motherfucker and three bitches, but it's not like it fell out or anything. (it hit me in the cheek and glanced off into my eye, basically, so not really a big deal at all) It's not even bruised as far as I can tell, so meh... Red and my mom kinda panicked for a minute though. Mainly because my initial reaction was "AAAAAO! AAAAAH! UUUOOOOH!" because it freaking hurt! But after it stopped hurting I started laughing so all was well, I think.

I wanted a story because "my mom accidentally hit me with a rake" is too boring.

Also, on the subject of units of pain, I walked over to my friends to be thrown this question: "KATIE! How many bitches in a motherfucker?" to which I replied, "Twelve! No, thirteen!" Thus establishing our pain scale. However, I rank "It hurts like hell" somewhere below "It hurts like a bitch," so I ask you all: How many hells in a bitch?