Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98646 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #930 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:57 pm »
In the past, I've always lived in fairly flat places. Even when the general city I lived in wasn't flat, the area where I lived happened to be. As such, my dog hasn't really been around hills in the past. That has changed and I have discovered that she loves them. And not just going down hill, mind you. Perhaps it is the weather, the sun, or something else, but it sure seems like its the slanty earth. And oh, the love she has for it!

*corgi run run run*"Uphill?! Holy crap, its the best! WHEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! ... wait, what's that?! Downhill? Don't mind if I do!" *corgi run run run run* "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!"

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:16 pm »
*corgi run run run*"Uphill?! Holy crap, its the best! WHEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! ... wait, what's that?! Downhill? Don't mind if I do!" *corgi run run run run* "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!"
Thought, if you videotaped your dog doing this and provided exactly that voiceover...I think you'd make millions off YouTube royalties.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 22, 2011, 12:11:49 am »
It took me half an hour to read today's xkcd.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 22, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »
Remember how Congress a few days ago declared pizza to legally be a vegetable? Well, the European Union simply won't stand for it! In errant absurdity, the Europeans were there first and by gum they are still the best!

BEHOLD!

EU Outlaws Claim that Water Helps Prevent Dehydration

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 22, 2011, 01:48:14 pm »

:picardno

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 22, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »
I'm starting to feel like an extra in "Invasion of the Zombie Legislators" (or "Legislature of the Dead"? Hmmm...)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #936 on: November 22, 2011, 02:34:48 pm »
Thought, if you videotaped your dog doing this and provided exactly that voiceover...I think you'd make millions off YouTube royalties.
And I'd be replaying that video a million times! :D

My amusement for today: With the insanity that's been going on recently in law-making decisions, now I'm fairly convinced that people "really really need" social reforming. Just so the people can unite as a powerful force, then roll their powerful eyes, point their powerful fingers at the lawmakers and laugh. Powerfully.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #937 on: November 23, 2011, 04:34:25 am »
Today's amusement: I always had two Moms and one Dad. But now a bloke's looking forward to adopt me. That makes two Moms and two Dads.

Sounds weird, or in some cases, outrageous? Haha, it always does when a statement is phrased that way. If I were to tell you what I actually mean by that it would make sense, but I'm willing to keep it ambiguous for now.

Second amusement: Your interpretation, and possible "reaction", to my first amusement.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 23, 2011, 02:13:38 pm »
I know plenty of people in a variety of situations with two mothers and / or two fathers, so that's not really that outrageous or weird.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #939 on: November 23, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »
I know plenty of people in a variety of situations with two mothers and / or two fathers, so that's not really that outrageous or weird.
For some, perhaps not: but I said that based on the reaction I got from some folks. XD

Also, I correct myself again: I have three fathers.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #940 on: November 24, 2011, 12:03:36 pm »
When someone walks around the city and finds all shops and public transportation closed, they ponder what happened and are curious for a long-winded, detailed response to comprehend it. But in this case, the folks at Maharashtra only needed one simply answer to see the whole picture clearly.

Pedestrian Woman: "Hey, why are all the shops closed?"
Me: "Someone slapped Sharad Pawar."
Pedestrian Woman: "Ahh, no wonder. Well, the son of a bi%$# had it coming."

And she was right: Pawar deserves all that discrimination, and he proved it today. For that one slap by a "common man" (one of the many who suffer under his influence) he's hell bent on making the whole state pay the price. He and his party assert control and dominance with scare-tactics and brutal means over the commoners, and he's initiated Maharashtra Bandh for tomorrow.

We may have an excellent culture, but we also have incredibly corrupt politicians and businessmen. It's people like Pawar who make our nation hollow from within and give us a bad name. But at least we have good men like Anna Hazare to represent the people.

The battle continues. The nation is boiling. Have some tea, have a hearty conversation, and change the world.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:05:09 pm by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 25, 2011, 07:39:06 pm »
http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=2091

Today's Dinosaur Comic totally reminded me of the Chrono series. And not just because time travel is mentioned.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #942 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59:14 am »
By coincidence, I was listening to this talk while getting caught up on the Stuff you Hate thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUI_ML1qkQE&feature=related

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 28, 2011, 06:52:35 pm »
Ugly Renaissance Babies.

I admit, I like snarky humour more than I should, but that aside, it is refreshing to see the Renaissance not being held as "teh best of evers."

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 28, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »
Ugly Renaissance Babies.

I admit, I like snarky humour more than I should, but that aside, it is refreshing to see the Renaissance not being held as "teh best of evers."

This is yet another example of the great boon tumblr provides humanity. Where else could all the ugly Renaissance babies be catalogued???

Also, I just choked on my coffee.