Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98686 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #901 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:54 am »
"I just...I just feel so passionately about eliminating the Department of...er... ... ..."

(Lord J dramatization of Rick Perry)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:49 am »
I can't help but feel a little for Perry after seeing that clip; it's happened to me once or twice, and I can only suspect it's a result of nerves. It's possible he's under so much stress to perform well that his mind is literally breaking down. It's a human enough response to the kind of pressure he's probably under. And I find it sad that this will be the most remembered as the reason for his undoing, rather than the poor merit of his proposals!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:51:53 am by FaustWolf »

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #903 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:12 pm »
I'm grateful that the moderator stuck on him about that, and didn't let him laugh it off with Ron Paul and allow his charisma to get away with it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #904 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »
I didn't hate the movie, but yes, it was extremely white-washed. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers were talking to the director:
P: Can't we just move the location to, like, L.A? I OWN THIS TOWN!!!!!!
D: Well, it's called Prince of Persia, which is a place.
P: ...
yeah?
D: ...A place that is not L.A.
P: ...
so?
D: People will notice. We're not moving it to L.A.
P: Fine, fine, we'll just film it there. Pass me more coke.   :twisted:

There's a substantial Iranian ex-pat community in LA. Perhaps had they filmed it there, it would have been more authentic.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 10, 2011, 04:23:25 pm »
There's a substantial Iranian ex-pat community in LA. Perhaps had they filmed it there, it would have been more authentic.
:lol: Yeah, you got me there.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #906 on: November 10, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »
I realize that I don't praise people too often, especially those in my neck of the woods, but when I do notice something admirable that moves me then I will let them know in my most truest of emotions. My admiration comes from the heart, and those who deserve praise will have it. Because they are special people. Beautiful people.

And a lot of people in this world inspire me too! And their difference of views is my strength. People say that I'm always zestful, almost always too energetic and ready for anything. Such zeal stems from inspiration. For some, inspiration is a very limited commodity, but for an artistic mind like mine, I simply never run out of it -- everything in this world inspires me, no matter how beautiful or grotesque, be it comical moments or tragic, or even the most mundane of times. But alas, 24/7 inspiration can also be a curse. Your best ideas are sometimes immediately replaced by newer ones, and you're always too anxious and eager to fulfill your dreams, and your limitless vivacity often never lets you sleep (thanks a lot for the "take this moment as an inspirational opportunity for artistic pursuits", wise guy, 'coz it worked; you know who you are).

Give me a topic, say "a guy and his struggle against a toothpick", and I can write a movie on it. But my best ones will always get the privilege to be written.

But my current inspiration stems from Katie and Red, whom my praise goes to. Ever since Hypergeek and Teaflower left, we hadn't had another 'Dynamic Duo' so far at the Compendium. Also, Katie and Red together finish so many goals each day with such enthusiastic spirits that they put us "grown ups" to shame (okay, maybe I'm not a "grown up" yet because --- SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH). To me, they signify the zealous spirit of Springtime of Youth that we all ought to have, to be capable of running towards our goals passionately and enjoy every moment of it.

So let's take a pledge to learn from these two and redefine ourselves. Because I'm sure gonna do that! (Except for keeping a "to do" journal, because I can't seem to do that)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:56:36 pm by tushantin »

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #907 on: November 10, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »
Wha-whaaaaaaaaaaaat? O///O
But my current inspiration stems from Katie and Red, whom my praise goes to. Ever since Hypergeek and Teaflower left, we hadn't had another 'Dynamic Duo' so far at the Compendium. Also, Katie and Red together finish so many goals each day with such enthusiastic spirits that they put us "grown ups" to shame (okay, maybe I'm not a "grown up" yet because --- SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH). To me, they signify the zealous spirit of Springtime of Youth that we all ought to have, to be capable of running towards our goals passionately and enjoy every moment of it.
So let's take a pledge to learn from these two and redefine ourselves. Because I'm sure gonna do that! (Except for keeping a "to do" journal, because I can't seem to do that)
Well, uh...just don't go writing any movies about us!!

As for amusements today: Red had one of those chocolate-covered marshmallow things, and I tried it, and...the marshmallow was chocolate too!!! It was great. :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:49 am »
I am staying up late so that I might savor the glory that shall be 11:11:11, 11/11/11.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #909 on: November 11, 2011, 04:05:14 pm »
My bro's birthday. And he's gonna have it like nobody's business!

That said, my friends are awesome. They turn any heavy themed and controversial topic into a light-hearted and lovable situation effectively. I'm a lucky guy indeed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:07:37 pm by tushantin »

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #910 on: November 12, 2011, 12:35:00 pm »
Rules of John Donne, similar to Chuck Norris Facts except not.

1) John Donne sucks.

2) Donne has a very weird way of expressing his homosexual feelings for God(not that there's anything wrong with that...)

3) He is a misogynist, except when he's being a creepy mofo and trying to pass it off as Petrarchan romance. Even then he's still pretty sexist.

4) He can't use meter or rhyme well, so he bastardizes both and people congratulate him for it.

5) The only time he's written a good poem is when he copied Christopher Marlowe. And even then, Marlowe still whoops his ass.

Seriously England, you went from Shakespeare to this? I am very disappointed.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 12, 2011, 01:46:25 pm »
I just watched Gnomeo and Juliet. It made me curious about one of the voice actors, Jim Cummings. I thus took a look at his bio and was immensely impressed. Mr. Cummings did voices for characters that I've cherished, and well as characters that I had forgotten but loved once. Some of his characters are similar enough that I can now recognize the similarities that a single voice actor brought to them. But others are so different that I'd never have guessed. He's quiet talented, it would seem, and his career is, in essence, my childhood.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2011, 12:43:14 pm »
People who don't live near big cities have such a foreign view to me on what a city actually is.  I've lived in or just next to large cities my entire life, so when someone this weekend described Akron, Ohio as a city I was just "...wat."  I'm sure it's technically a city because of X, Y, and Z reasons but I just can't wrap my head around it.  I've lived in too many crowded, people-packed places to consider anywhere with a couple thousand people a city.  To me, Manila is a city.  Boston is a city.  Chicago is a city.  Akron is not.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 15, 2011, 12:56:12 am »
Newt Gingrich is now at the head of the Republican presidential field. Seriously, Newt Friggin' Gingrich. The guy who shut down the federal government in the 1990s and eventually resigned as Speaker of the House amid scandal. The guy who left his wife for another lover when his wife was sick with cancer. That Newt Gingrich.

This whole "flavor of the week" thing is really quite something! Trump, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, now Gingrich. The majority of the GOP base doesn't want perennially second-place Mormon "liberal" Mitt Romney--who will probably end up with the nomination nonetheless.

~~~~~
Separately, I dreamed that I was broke and on the run from the law, and that Ricardo Montalban, in the role of The Most Interesting Man in the World, let me stay at his palace as a permanent house guest. It was creepy, to be receiving kindness and aid from a prince of crime, to be in the lap of luxury knowing that at any minute he might turn on me!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 15, 2011, 05:11:47 am »
Quote from: Lord J Esq
Separately, I dreamed that I was broke and on the run from the law, and that Ricardo Montalban, in the role of The Most Interesting Man in the World, let me stay at his palace...

You knew I couldn't resist.