Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99209 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2011, 04:41:36 pm »
This Diwali, I took one look at my brother's hairdo and instantly knew what Mephistopheles would look like.

It goes to show how dashing Hell's delegates could look without even trying, whereas the residents of Heaven (except Michael) don't even feel the need to shave.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #856 on: October 29, 2011, 03:16:03 pm »
Hah, I've never really heard anyone use Soviet Russia jokes in India, let alone as a pickup line. This guy here was actually teasing his female friend just because he was bored.

Aravind: Heyyyy, wanna get lucky?
Priya: Don't push your luck.
Aravind: In Soviet Russia, luck pushes YOU!
Priya: Excuse me, mister, but this is India!
Aravind: Yeah. And anyway, luck isn't strong enough to push heavy things.
Priya: ....What did you say?!
Aravind: Nothing!

Agreed, the conversation was quite sexist, but it was the girl who was in power here; the boy was actually doing the "poke and run" thing, lest he got hit by a force so powerful, a weapon far more feared than the likes of a Death Ray or Atomic Bomb -- none other than the ultimate slap of a woman!

And yes, here it's so powerful that once you're hit with it you may as well jump off a cliff. XD

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #857 on: October 30, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »
Haha, I love Sunday night comedies! One couple pointed out an important thing about our horrid Capitalist influence on mandatory education:

Kapil: I'm a hundred and one percent Architect! Check my Resume. It states I failed High School and became an Architect. I even have a certificate!
Shweta: What? How's that even possible? What kind of an idiot would give you a certificate?
Kapil: Hey, don't call him an idiot! He's a generous bloke: gave me a blank certificate and said, "Put whatever achievements in there."
Shweta: What?! You're a fraud! You're a fake!
Kapil: And who's real anyway? Say, you want to be a Doctor. Anywhere in the world, you pay a millions of Rupees for education and yet you can't be a Doctor -- an impossible dream. The poor, working class can't even afford to study, so they entertain themselves by playing "Doctor Doctor" at home.

Here's a question for humanity: If education really is that important then why must we create a barrier of expenses? Why must we exploit the weak so and take away crucial Agency? It creates a vicious circle; you need money to get educated, but you can't earn money if you're not educated. All those orphans who have nobody want to get employed but anti-child-labor policies dictate that they'd rather be educated, and there's nobody to help them get educated. What happens? They rot and die, that's what! Either that, or they become the most deviant criminals imaginable.

Primary human nature: The best predators get what they want.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 30, 2011, 05:46:36 pm »
I may not be able to relate, but I still think this is funny.
[youtube]3s4Czla6tXc#![/youtube]

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 30, 2011, 06:39:02 pm »
THE DANCING OOD.  OH MY GOD.

I can die happy now that I've seen that.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #860 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »
@Kodokami: Thank you, kiddo. Now I've seen everything. XDDD

I think every problem in the world can be solved when humanity finally achieves two simple things:
1) The ability to honestly share their thoughts with others;
2) The ability to tolerate each others' honesty.

Let me demonstrate:

Girl: Grrr, I abhor your clothes!
Boy: Cool! And I despise your nerves.
Girl: The feeling is mutual. Let's go have coffee!
Boy: Sure! Your preference is horrible. I'll have Latte this time.

And so Mr. Girl and Miss Boy walk to the local coffee shop, politely discussing how much they hate each other.

Quote from: Mycroft Holmes
(Pyotr Andreyevich) Shuvalov and I understand each other. We think alike. When he was informed that I had been arrested, he immediately called for me to be brought to him. We drank tea, and we talked in a civilized manner. He apologized for any harsh behavior his men had exhibited, and I apologized for arriving in his country without proper notification. That is the way international relations ought to be conducted: politely and with refreshments, not using trained falcons as instruments of assassination.

(Quote from 'Young Sherlock Holmes - Black Ice')
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:56:28 pm by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 01, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
Bank of America is ditching its plan to charge customers $5 a month for accessing their own money through a debit card. The plan was massively unpopular, partly because it was unprecedented but mainly because the public perceived it as a proverbial last straw. The real injustice, seldom mentioned, was that banks save a lot of money when customers use debit cards instead of checks, yet felt compelled to pad their profit margins on these savings when the federal government reduced the profitability of their price-gouging through overdraft fees and merchant fees.

I expect Bank of America to quietly announce in the coming months that it will create new checking account fees, which are not unprecedented. It'll get its pound of flesh. But not from me. I have started up my new bank account and things are working well with them.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2011, 05:19:52 am »
More of "Parking my WTF moment here". Something's incredibly wrong with me today. Somehow, I seem to be "sensing" voices rather than just hear them.

For instance, a voice in the radio looks "grey" and feels like a bunch of index cards. The Tenth Doctor's voice looks like the color "orange" and even tastes like peeled oranges; when he said the line, "I wonder who wouldn't face that" in the episode "Lazarus Experiment", it felt like pouring soda in a glass of fresh orange juice.

And the voice in the following video looks "violet", and tastes like a glass of strong wine. And it doesn't help that the background music makes me feel spellbound.
[youtube]rCuLhy2-dLA[/youtube]

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2011, 05:54:48 am »
There's nothing wrong with you.  What you're experiencing are different forms of synesthesia.  Voices don't have colours for me, but I taste them, just like you are tasting voices.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2011, 07:17:09 am »
There's nothing wrong with you.  What you're experiencing are different forms of synesthesia.  Voices don't have colours for me, but I taste them, just like you are tasting voices.
It just surprised me that effect is involuntary. Hopefully it's just temporary, though. When someone burped besides me I felt a flesh colored organic scraping.  :shock:

Saj, what would the 10th Doc's and the singer's voice in 'Dreaming Still' feel/taste like to you?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:48 am »
Saj, what would the 10th Doc's and the singer's voice in 'Dreaming Still' feel/taste like to you?

Ten's voice is a really doughy, really soft butter roll.  I haven't listened to the song yet (kinda busy and needing to go to bed), but I'll do so later and let you know.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 02, 2011, 04:24:06 pm »
Synesthetes have the best conversations.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:17 pm »
Synesthetes have the best conversations.

Unless we're arguing.  XD

Synesthete friend:  "Ugh, you think "quandary" tastes like guacamole!?  What is WRONG with you?  It tastes like citrus!"
Me:  "You're completely insane.  It tastes like guacamole.  There's no way in hell it tastes like anything else."
Synesthete friend:  "Don't even get me started on how your "7" is blue."
Me:  "You obviously have brain damage, since you think it's pink."

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »
SEVEN IS SILVER-GRAY DAMMIT  :)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #869 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:54 pm »
So! Yours truly took an hour worth nap after that post from "Frustration thread", and now I feel like myself. What's even better is that I've risen in full SoY: there are separate forms of Tushantin, you see. The Artist me lies dormant today, while the Empathetic me has calmed since the afternoon; what haunts the evening is the Predatory me, always watching, always analyzing, and always ready to strike gold. I know I said I might rant soon, but wrath turned into intrigue and thirst for challenge. And though I believe predatory thinking can be useful, I'm aware that if my posts don't contain "fuck this and that" and simply contained my open-minded analyses and thoughts on the significance of such such horrid practices then it would lead to another "controversial" topic. Instead, I pondered about sharing pouring butter over the "tricks of trade" I caught from the way these professionals market, make it more presentable, but unfortunately I've already spent my energy this night attracting customers, providing services and showing the girls at work just how it's done (then again, their idea of work is watching Youtube videos all day).

Though I'm saddened by the turn of events I don't feel disgusted anymore, because the real me not only has the power to find horror disguised in innocence and appeal, but also reap gold from the depths of filth. If any of you were in that seminar I went to then most of you would have been brainwashed like the rest thanks to the host's power of influence, some of you would have left mid-way for some sexist mentions, or some may have argued beyond the presentation's actual intention at the risk of you own mental capacity. And those who saw the horrors hidden beyond the veil as I did would simply reject such practices and build ideals against it.

Not me. I learn from it!

The experience was flabbergasting, but experiential nonetheless; this guy, who claimed he was doing something excellent for the unemployed, had conflicting ideals to mine. He was practical, he was right, but he was also one of the most competent bullshitters I've ever seen. He can initiate a project and see it through till the end. He will give, and earn a thousandfold. He knows where to sell. He knew his way around the human mind, he knew how to influence his prey, how to professionally win a battle, and how to capitalize on both his prey's success and failures. And he was the symbol of my ultimate nemesis, and it's people like him who place Catch-22 situations where if heads they win and if tails you lose. But you know what? Tushantin learns more from his enemies than he does from his friends. I crave a challenge, and I crave the very knowledge he possesses. The greatest difference between me and him is that I have grand ideals, and these ideals turn the tables of rationality, to turn every wicked game in the favor of the "Greater Good". I will learn from his crooked "pioneering" just to divert the talent to a better cause. Enjoy while your "capital" lasts, because a revolution is coming!

We haven't done this kinda post in a while. I really wish we had a "Fight The Power" thread, because I FEEL FUCKING FANTASTIC TODAY!

We are the unstoppable children of Springtime of Youth! We wait for no one, and we take nothing for granted. Bring us suffering, bring us torment, bring us storms and hell itself; you're only going to make us stronger. We win impossible battles everyday and defy fate with every breath it takes; but our eyes are set upon the prize greater than any human can achieve. Behold, for we are the Miracle!

HEY, GOD! If you can hear me, do me a favor and mail "Destiny" to my house, Special Delivery and postage paid. Save me the trouble from stealing it from under your nose!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:03:27 pm by tushantin »