Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99432 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #810 on: October 09, 2011, 01:59:06 pm »
MrBekkler being an intelligent but innocent smiley face

I have to say, it took me a long time to settle on the Watchmen Smiley for an avatar. I kept trying to find different clowns to go along with the "Bekkler theme" but eventually decided that some people are afraid of clowns, and even the cool, intentionally scary clowns, like Killer Klowns from Outer Space, give off the vibe that one listens to Insane Clown Posse. I don't appreciate the association with said group, if for no reason than that their fans are ridiculous (if you need a real reason, listen to a song or two by them...horrible). So I went through some other options (including Joker, which I still use... elsewhere).

It then hit me. I don't need a clown. My conversation and thoughts regarding the Chronoverse grow more serious and less jokey by the day, and I could represent myself with something I actually like. Thus, the Watchmen Smiley. It's a good mix of lighthearted and serious, and comes from a story I love.

And tush, personally if a signature is not text, I find it to be spammy in general. Especially in the case of massive animated signatures that take a long time to load and completely overshadow the post of the user with said sig.

Edit: Your sig is perfectly appropriate, and I didn't really mind the dancing hamsters, I just thought you were really into "cute" stuff.

I've stumbled upon a wonderful artist and now feel the urge to change my avatar again. Bear with me, it's pretty awesome.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:43:16 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 12, 2011, 09:44:58 am »
The icons on the new Facebook "lists" that sort your friends look like a Harry Potter lightning bolt::

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #812 on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »
Apparently, 1 + 1 = infinity. That's always the result I get when I get my light-bulb on.

Mr Mafioso, ever so practical and realistic; the badass Guru is almost always right, but his claims are hard to chew. In the other corner, there's Celestine Chua who's completely opposite; always idealistic, always seeking excellence, and her quest is to find heaven on earth. So what do I have? More ammunition to challenge my thoughts, an excuse for more (personal) psychoanalytical musing, a fierce battle against myself, and obviously a grand inspiration for another heart-wrenching story.

Despair has fled the night, mates. The zestful wings are afloat again. Heaven has granted another open-door, and when the Angel is afloat there are no limits to his ventures.

Stata Buon
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:32:11 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #813 on: October 12, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »
Apparently Empathy means "Mahaanubhutti" in Hindi.

:o Never even heard of the word!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:37 pm »
Apparently my new nickname with the girls is Teddy Bear. Don't know if that's a compliment or a tease, but it's situations like these that bring their boyfriends crying to me, complaining that I'm the one flirting.  :roll:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 16, 2011, 06:57:08 pm »
Haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LILhai7IHI

Almost this came to mind: ''Well, now I've seen everything!''.  :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #816 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:29 pm »
 :shock:

Autodesk is granting me... a free Student's edition of their software, such as Maya, Mudbox, etc.

Am I dreaming? *pinches self* Ow!

EDIT: Realized that it's the same LTE version version which was initially provided by my institute. Ah hell, about time I upgrade anyway. I'm still gonna be a Blender-head, though.  8)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:28:36 pm by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 18, 2011, 11:53:01 pm »
I am inviting the Chrono Compendium over for a spaghetti dinner! Your most ridiculously formal attire shall be at the very minimum of what decorum is expected of you! There will be not one but twelve grand pianos to provide ambiance, and I have it on good authority that we shall have a private viewing of the Moon!!!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #818 on: October 19, 2011, 01:57:07 am »
I am inviting the Chrono Compendium over for a spaghetti dinner! Your most ridiculously formal attire shall be at the very minimum of what decorum is expected of you! There will be not one but twelve grand pianos to provide ambiance, and I have it on good authority that we shall have a private viewing of the Moon!!!
Thanks for the offer, Josh!

Unfortunately, I neither have wings nor can I teleport. Disguising myself as "special delivery" plan has a few rough edges of its own.  :cry:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #819 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:16 am »
Amazing lot, these corporates. The company that assigned me the eProject sent me a feedback form, asking us to tell them how their suggestion helped us. They expect us to be honest with them, and they think our honest responses will help them improve their strategy. However, previous experiences tell me that saying "good" will be neutral, flattering them will give you better scores than you deserve, and honestly handing a negative feedback might end up failing you, no matter how good your presentation.

I think I'll stick with "good", because I despise flattery. I only praise those who I deem worthy of my valuable admiration (which is usually from the bottom of my heart).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:54:54 am by tushantin »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:06 pm »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #821 on: October 19, 2011, 01:08:08 pm »
SCIENTIFIC PROCESS RAGECOMIC!
The process of SCIENCE! is just a bit more complex than commonly described.
Haha, so true! XD I sympathize with the guys who created synthetic blood vessels and those who confirmed the universal Red Shift. Still awaiting for particles "faster than light".

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #822 on: October 19, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:28 am »
Over the last 3 years my wife and I have moved 3 times. In doing so we've developed a new tradition for our family: the inaugural watching of a Doctor Who. An apartment isn't a home until at least one episode has been watched in it. While this usually occurs the very night we move in, it didn't happen this time but we both didn't consider our new place ours until it did.

What does the future hold for us? Perhaps fish fingers and custard? Only time will tell.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 20, 2011, 03:09:42 am »
"You're Scottish!  Fry something!"