Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99151 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #795 on: September 25, 2011, 11:02:37 am »
I love how my ill-fated attempts to run Google searches in foreign languages produce things like this:

LMFAO!!

Weird stuff happenened today after while I got home.  :lol: An old man walked home from a meat-butchers place with a bag full of raw chicken. A black dog stalked him for a while until he turned a corner. When the grip on the bag loosened, the dog grabbed the bag and ran for it! The old timer pursued, but quickly became exhausted. Since I was on a bike I chased the dog, and boy did ho go far! I didn't want to confront the dog, nor grab the chicken back; I simply chased out of curiosity, hidden midst the crowd so that the animal didn't know someone was after him (yeah, I'm good at stalking / chasing -- shut up!). I stood close and saw how far the dog gone from where it stole its bounty. It walked to a silent pavement, away from the crowd, looked back to see if anyone followed it and quickly dug its teeth on the plastic bag, tearing it open to devour the juicy meat inside. I smiled and went back home.

I could say a lot on this, but I don't think its necessary. Though I would love to know your interpretations.  :wink:

Another miracle: I woke early in the morn (6 am) and went on a walk with my bro. Early morns have these minuscule, white insects that swarm and fly wherever there are plants. I used to abhor these creatures as a kid, I found them annoying. Today, however, it was different, though my brother still did. At first I tried to find their hive, but noticed that they swarmed on certain leaves at the east side. I pondered: sunlight? No (they received none of it). Rather they swarmed on concave surfaces, which probably meant that these surfaces provided protection from the wind and sunlight. A snacks seller at the roadside said that these insects are usually found on almond trees. I took a step back and looked at them again. Their hive simply disappears at a distance, but what you see before you is something miraculous. It wasn't snowing, but these insects swirled around like snowflakes, having a life of their own, or perhaps like ghosts or spirits of nature itself. Forever changing, and limitless.

And it was beautiful!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:07:04 am by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 01, 2011, 07:09:15 am »
There's someone I keep in my Gmail chat contacts purely because he has some pretty interesting status messages. We never actually chat. He's a former Compendiumite, and I worked with him briefly during the C&D kerfuffle, and that's how he got onto my list.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #797 on: October 01, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
There's someone I keep in my Gmail chat contacts purely because he has some pretty interesting status messages.
XD I got a list of friends on my MSN and Hotmail -- deleted none of those people since the dawn of time (except two who were assholes).

Today's amusement:

Bro: (After watching the "He's always on Facebook" ad) Hey, did you know that Vodafone made a new Facebook phone? They --
Me: Vodafone didn't make that phone. They actually --
Bro: I know, goddammit! Arrgghh, why do you always have to ruin the moments like that?
Me: What did I do?
Bro: We don't wanna know the details you have in that big brains of yours! Just get into the moment!
Me: It's brain crease that's a sign of intelligence, not volume or size --
Bro: Okay, here's a trivia. (Flicks me a birdy) FUCK YOU! (Marches back into his room)

Hahaha, yeah I always do that and I almost never learn. Some people are intrigued with new knowledge while some others hate you for killing an amusing / fun moment. My brother is correct, of course: you gotta live in the moment, and you gotta cease the day like there's no tomorrow. There's no point spoiling people's mood just for your amusement; there's a reason they call it socializing.

Also, this happens every time when I absent-mindedly spout a trivia. For instance, we saw an adorable brow bird on our window. I said that birds were initially lizards ("lizards" and "reptiles" have the same word in Sindhi). Mom looked at me pondering if I was going crazy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:43:51 am by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #798 on: October 03, 2011, 05:54:23 pm »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 03, 2011, 07:41:32 pm »
Quote from: Eddie Izzard
As God: "Jesus Christ, what on earth is that?!"
As Jesus: "Don't take my name in vain, dad."
As God: "Jeesy Creesy, what on earth is that?!"
As Jesus: "Don't call me Jeesy Creesy"

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 03, 2011, 10:55:03 pm »
On the occasion of an article in the Los Angeles Times about a Holocaust memorial museum acquiring a 1919 letter from Hitler detailing his anti-Semitism and goals for subverting Jews, one of the comments marked the first time I have ever seen President Obama compared to Hitler, Ahmadinejad, Reverend Wright, and Urkel all in the same sentence.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2011, 04:32:32 pm »
What?! What do they have against Urkel?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #802 on: October 05, 2011, 01:23:45 pm »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »
[youtube]ZbV5hn_ET0U[/youtube]

This. Is. WONDERFUL.

That kid's mind is just blown.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #805 on: October 08, 2011, 08:23:54 pm »
This. Is. WONDERFUL.

That kid's mind is just blown.
We'd like to imagine the kid's face if he found out his father is Darth Vader. XD

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 09, 2011, 06:59:56 am »
Biggest LOL of the day:

[youtube]wxMd93aCvd0[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #807 on: October 09, 2011, 09:36:47 am »
Awaiting rendering to finish (again) so I read through some of my own posts, and realized that it's hard to take people seriously when they've got a Dancing Mafia Cat in a Suit, or a cartoon bunny stuffing its face with carrots, as their avatar. It's a different matter, of course, if Chibi Goku tries to explain stuff (he'd be more interested in chicken and rice). FaustWolf's posts immediately strikes as "words of a wise and experienced dude" without question at first glance (and his calm and humorous style only amplifies that appeal), whereas Thought seems like a man who has climbed the mountain and looks upon the world with eyes that have seen everything. The some goes for others: Manly Man appears contrary and sends mixed messages with his Flea avatar, Syna charms with her... um.. (okay, I don't want to explain), ZeaLitY signifies as a charismatic square-jawed American who's ready for a challenge with his Tron avatar, MrBekkler being an intelligent but innocent smiley face, Alfadoredux simply glaring at you with those mean beastly eyes of his, Boo being a cute shadow monster from the wild that might try to scare you with his adorable teddy-bear voice, RushingWind who's beautiful soul leaks onto the pages she writes, Shee as a humorous black guy who ran out of bubblegum, and Alcyone and V_Translanka look like cartoon. I guess Saj would be the only one who's avatars send undistorted messages about her nature.

That said, I remember having dancing hamsters in my signature too, and I ponder what emotions my post would invoke if they were still around. Then with Princess Schala Zeal's signature, almost every post she (he?) makes these days looks like spam regardless of the content.

Perhaps I'm overly imaginative, and I can generally look beyond such notions and pay attention to the content than the appeal, but understandably for others that's just not the case. Even in real life, where people don't stamp their faces with forum avatars (I'd love to be a dancing cat in a suit), appearance matters in everything majority: it dictates your likeliness of getting a job, maintaining social relations, your "first impression" and influencing people's judgement about you, development of your own personality, emotions and health, etc. I'm not saying that "better looking people are better", because I don't think in those lines; I'm saying that depending on your look and the messages (looks and body language) you bring forth in circumstances will highly influence what other people think about you regardless of what you have to say, and the reason behind this is that these body languages are usually right in determining a person's nature, however the perception bias of an individual is most likely to distort their judgement. In that spirit I would also like to point out that there actually are plenty of upsides to being ugly and downsides of being pretty.

:D

MOAR PSYCHOLOGY!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:39:32 am by tushantin »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 09, 2011, 11:19:34 am »
Alfadoredux simply glaring at you with those mean beastly eyes of his,

Why do I get the impression that you're not a cat person? :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #809 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:22 pm »
Alfadoredux simply glaring at you with those mean beastly eyes of his,

Why do I get the impression that you're not a cat person? :lol:
I am a cat person. XD But your cat simply glares into my soul!