Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99286 times)

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2011, 09:14:42 pm »
wow, that was a luck rollercoaster  :shock:

Before going I tossed a coin to decide whether to take a bus homewards or go to the distributor (which was waaaaaaayyyy far away) to get my tablet fixed. Subsequently I lost my coin in the most sudden and embarrassing circumstances, not knowing whether it was heads or tails, which confirmed one thing: Indeed, Fate just wants to play with me for some reason.

It's almost as if Lady Luck was really mocking you with this xD She sure can be a bitch sometimes n_nUU

--

Right now I'm playing my Ocarina of Time 3DS, and it's making me nostalgic of how the Zelda fandom used to be before the Gamecube was announced. I decided to visit some old zelda fansites that were my favorite places in the internet back then, but most of them no longer exist, of course...  :? Using the Wayback Machine I visited some of the ones I could remember their urls, checking their news archives I discovered about a marketing campaign that nintendo used to promote Majora's Mask in 2000, and it kinda remainded me of the whole Chronopolis ARG thing I posted some time ago. Sadly, I don't recall this campaign except for the TV-ad (which I thought at the time it was just a weird ad, as all nintendo TV ads are).  

The campaign was about a fake website called Z-Science that was supposed to be a division of a scientific research institution called JRAMOA (Joint Research of Alternate Mondial Ocurrences and Astralplanology, actually an anagram for MAJORA), who were researching parallel dimensions.

They claimed that our dimension is able to keep stable thanks to it's relation with other dimensions and that they discovered a parallel dimension in which the moon was about to crash on earth, for our relation with that dimension, our earth would soon suffer the same fate. They then said that "The One", a person with a unique genetic make-up, could save their world (and ours) and the Z-science website aimed to find this "One". They even let you take an online test to see if you were "The One". And aparently later, they released another website: Radio Zelda, a news website that followed "The One"'s progress as a news radio station (with a "days remaining" countdown and everything).

I love this kind of stuff, I'd have loved to keep track of it back in 2000. I don't think it gave the results Nintendo wanted, anyway (I'm pretty sure they were trying to appeal to an older audience with this), but it was an interesting idea, and yet it seems to be completely forgotten by the zelda fandom. Why there aren't fanfictions about this? xD

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #736 on: July 10, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »
An old Jewish man sits down in a fancy restaurant and orders a bowl of soup. Within 30 seconds of being brought his order, the man calls the waiter over and asks that he taste the soup. The waiter inquires as to the problem. The Jew doesn't answer, but again asks the waiter to taste the soup. The waiter advises that he's not in the habit of tasting patrons' food, but the Jew persists. The waiter asks if the soup's too cold, too hot or contains -- heaven forbid -- a fly. Each time the Jew merely repeats his request for the waiter to taste the soup. Ultimately, the waiter relents, if only to bring some closure to what has become quite an episode. He looks all around the table, and then asks, "Where's the spoon?" To which the Jew replies with a smile, "A-ha."

This is my favorite Jewish joke, even though I'm sure the only thing most take away from it is that Jews are insufferable pains in the ass. But that's only the obvious punch line. This old man wanted to teach a lesson and not in a haughty, degrading manner, but through humor. Without putting the waiter down, he said, "Understand what it's like to be a hungry man with a bowl of soup and no spoon." Yes, he wanted a spoon, but he also wanted to make the waiter remember. This old Jew wants to make sure that someone else gets their spoon tomorrow.
Perhaps more important, though, is that by taking the time and energy to do things the hard way, he confirms his faith in humanity. He rejects cynicism.

Read more: 3 Reasons There Are So Many Jews In Comedy | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-there-are-so-many-jews-in-comedy_p2/#ixzz1RjpED9jL
Ahahahaha!! Jews are funny blokes. xDDD

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #737 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:43 pm »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #739 on: July 21, 2011, 05:58:50 pm »
KICK IT INTO GEAR AND LET'S GO BOOM!
[youtube]eMxtI7QfpWk[/youtube]

*This music starts Playing*
Terrorist 1: Aw crap. Run Rabbit Junk.
Terrorist 2: It's just a song. What's wrong?
Terrorist 1: It's Section 9's "Time to Kick Ass" theme! We're tottaly BONED!

Kickin' me
Are you dumb, sir?
Move, move are you done, sir?
You've makin' me
Mad enough, sir
Boom, boom
Ain't no dancer
You're kickin' me
Are you dumb, sir?
Move, move
Are you done, sir?
You've makin' me
Mad enough, sir
Boom, boom
You are done, sir

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #740 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10:51 pm »
Okay, double post, but...

THE ADVENTURES OF JANUS THE MAGUS!

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_228_video-games-from-villains-point-view_p2/

:lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:26 pm »
Hah! Very true. I think about that myself sometimes. Or when you're a party with superior stats and multiple members taking on a single villain with inferior stats.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 22, 2011, 02:33:35 pm »
How very amusing! (Read the second-to-last defendant and you'll see what I mean).

I'm sure none of them did anything wrong though -- Lodsys is quickly developing a reputation for being an IP enforcement jerk.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #743 on: July 22, 2011, 03:16:36 pm »
How very amusing! (Read the second-to-last defendant and you'll see what I mean).

I'm sure none of them did anything wrong though -- Lodsys is quickly developing a reputation for being an IP enforcement jerk.
LMFAO! I knew Lodsys was trolling at a corporate level, but this... this... WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN  :lol:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 28, 2011, 03:13:54 am »
Okay, now these ubiquitous ads are just getting stupid.

That is not an anti-wrinkle procedure. That is a massive nosebleed in the making. Sheesh.

And for the record, I think I should be able to browse Yahoo! News without a little digital person streaking across the screen. Or Optimus Prime taking over my browser and literally busting his fist through the article headings.

I guess I just missed the time when ads used to make some modicum of sense and were well behaved.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #745 on: July 28, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »
Okay, so while exploring Google Maps I find things never before found, then I find some amusing stuff, some freaky stuff, but...

MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?! THE REMAINS OF LUCIFER???

Calm down, tushantin! Calm down.... phew! At least Rama's Bridge gives my nerves some spirit.

Yessir! Legends have it that Lord Rama was the Prince of SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH, because when the wretched Demon King kidnapped his wife and flew to Lanka and Rama couldn't cross sea to exact his revenge because he couldn't fly, he simply built a fucking bridge in between! Also, is it just me or has Sri Lanka shifted a wee bit to the right since a decade back? Anywhos, next I was treated to another majestic imagery, which was...

....ruins of a fucking Church.

*shudders* Raavan's alive, I tell ya! There's demons in there... demons, I tell ya!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! *runs for his life*

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 29, 2011, 04:33:10 am »
@Faust
when shit literally pops out of the screen at me I wanna just scream and punch the air.  Which actually happens frequently.  Somewhat along the same lines as a youtbue video taking forever to load after the ad was lightning quick.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #747 on: July 29, 2011, 08:05:42 am »
Or Optimus Prime taking over my browser and literally busting his fist through the article headings.
Truly a BREAKING NEWS! The Autobots have become salesmen!  :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:20 am »
I occasionally misspell words, like we all do. What's amusing, and what I suspect is rather less common, is that sometimes my misspellings come out as completely different, correctly-spelled, legitimate words.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 29, 2011, 10:18:23 pm »
When I first saw this article I thought, "Pah! There's no way I'll ever watch this!"

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/thundercats-roar-back-life-cartoon-network-200914556.html

And then I saw the Wily Kitt and Wiley Katt video, and I realized: there's no way I'm gonna miss this for the world.  :lol:  That's the kind of anime that melts me heart, it is.