Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98637 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »
A very bunny story. We were probably stoned (NOT) when working on...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2011, 05:04:27 pm »
Amusement: My new friend's sheer strength. Go figure.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:57 am »
Yesterday I was trying to set a reminder on my phone for today (the 30th) and for some reason it set it to October 20th.  October 20th, 1371.  Yeah, I'm REALLY sure people in the early Renaissance period needed to be reminded to get a Foo Fighters song from their boyfriend.  -____-

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #723 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:22 pm »
Yesterday I was trying to set a reminder on my phone for today (the 30th) and for some reason it set it to October 20th.  October 20th, 1371.  Yeah, I'm REALLY sure people in the early Renaissance period needed to be reminded to get a Foo Fighters song from their boyfriend.  -____-
:lol:

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #724 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:19 pm »
Jonathan Coulton's songs are fun  :lol: 

[youtube]AjcH2UmK1uo[/youtube]

[youtube]z53WLtowYBo[/youtube]

[youtube]HMLLqq04Hyg[/youtube]

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #725 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
[youtube]fzzjgBAaWZw[/youtube]

Ninja stalking cat

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #726 on: July 03, 2011, 02:08:28 am »
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I want to thank you folks for always... er, being yourselves. At the same time, I scarcely meet people this fun-lovin, zealous, intelligent and open minded in RL. You've no idea how much this forum has developed me over time, so much that whenever I feel unmotivated, uninspired, all I need to do is make myself at home here and All Is Well.

The reason I'm thanking you guys now is because observing discussions here has formed vivid images in my mind, thus giving me an idea for a fantastic heart-pounding Psychological Thriller (how a topic on Vegetarian Food relates to Psychological Thriller, just don't ask). Though I may not have the time to actually write this, I will either donate the idea or co-write with my writer buddy once Polar Detective has been completed.

Here's a hint, though: two protagonists. One who's personality is somewhat of a fusion between Magil and Lord J Esq, while another primary protagonist being a woman who's personality I have yet to discern. But yeah, she's a strong type, sorta like Saj.

Onwards to destiny, people! And thank you for always being there!  :lee:

Also, for some further amusement, Google bids a Pi.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:22:09 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 03, 2011, 11:25:12 am »
You're pretty awesome yourself, tush.  =)  I'm so glad that the Compendium has helped and inspired you so much!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 04, 2011, 11:41:12 pm »
Rock on, Tushantin! It's good to know we've inspired you while you've been here.

You are going to let us know when your book gets published, right? I want to read it! :)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #729 on: July 05, 2011, 05:51:50 am »
You guys are awesome!  :D

@RW: Yup! This novel I may not be able to do it alone, since I've got a burden of workfold on my head (and college at the same time), but I do plan on co-writing it with a fellow writer after my current project. So you're a fan of psychological thrillers?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #730 on: July 05, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »
Robert Brockway! XDDDD

"Plea for Donations to My 'Life Kicked Me In the Balls' Fund"

Anywhos, tomorrow's my exam (well, hopefully). Let's do this!

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #731 on: July 05, 2011, 07:55:35 pm »
Robert Brockway! XDDDD

"Plea for Donations to My 'Life Kicked Me In the Balls' Fund"

xDDD I'd donate If I had a credit card  :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »
@tush:

I appreciate that, because of all the incarnations of Magus, Magil is by far my favorite. Much better than if you'd said, say, Ozzie. =)

Not necessarily any truer, though!

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:12 pm »
I really can't imagine you without enthusiasm, tush. Does Not Compute.  :D

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2011, 04:07:14 pm »
I appreciate that, because of all the incarnations of Magus, Magil is by far my favorite.
Hah, thanks! XD And for that reason I'd like to ask you something (no, not I'm not starting an argument this time; I'd just like your honest opinion on this as it revolves around the plot):

What do you feel about Paradise, or Utopia? And what do you make of the Fall of Eden, based on your observations?

I really can't imagine you without enthusiasm, tush. Does Not Compute.  :D
What's life when you can't live to your fullest? Doesn't matter if you gotta face danger, but it's worth getting on the roller-coaster.  :wink: I'm a loser compared to every one here and in RL, failing a thousand times, but I'll keep striving till I succeed.

Had an amusing day today as I headed for my examinations where luck enjoyed punching me in the face, then handed me a napkin as it changed its mind. Seriously, luck just couldn't decide whether to make the day awesome or miserable!

My classes are about five miles away from my house. Got on the bicycle, everything ready with me, went half a kilometer and... had a puncture. Okay, so I was running late for exams and had to walk back home. Thought I'd spend quite some cash on Rickshaw fares instead, but a friend was in the area hanging out with his friends and came to my aid pronto with his motorcycle. Reached classes in half the time it would have taken me on a bicycle.

I arrived early. Like, only 5 mins early. And I realized I didn't study jack, thinking they'd re-schedule my exams again. They didn't! And I thought I was gonna fail. And of all the bad lucks I dropped my student ID somewhere, due to which the staff wouldn't let me take my exam. With a stroke of luck, the very headmistress I apologized last time for the re-scheduling let me in and take the exam (something told me it's because of the moral thing).

Okay, so I didn't study, and about half the answers I did not know and YET I involuntarily pulled a smug expression beyond my control, as if for some reason I was actually proud of my ignorance, but this somehow helped me not choke under pressure as I normally do. I topped the full 3D Modelling section perfectly and flawlessy. However, my overall score was... *gulps* 52 Percent in Maya. Not bad far not studying, and I passed. The couple of blokes besides me failed outright despite cramming all week (19% and 32%, if you're interested to know what they got).

Just when I thought it was finally over and that I could go, a teacher came by saying, "Oh, but you have another exam. You do know this, right?" And that's when I almost lost it. Another exam? What the fork?! When? How? Why did nobody tell me about this?! It was Motion Builder, a software who's test I didn't even know existed. Not only was it no use to me, but it was also compulsory somehow and I hadn't touched the book they provided me for. I mostly mad at myself than anybody else. Why didn't I let my curiosity take control of me and try finishing the book within a week when I had the chance?

Sat for the exam, relying on nothing but common sense. Some answers were obvious. Others I did not know. Then suddenly I felt an angel descend besides me with a familiar sweet voice, and it felt good. I looked at her. Not an angel. Just a clingy classmate. Fair enough. But I'm still grateful that she actually helped me with questions worth 20, and the answers were accurate, then she left. I wondered why a classmate would be risking herself like this for me, cheating, helping me when I was in desperate need of a miracle. Then I realized that it was a couple of teachers themselves who sneaked in answers before the students who asked for it, helping them pass, and I figured that anyone willing to kiss asses would be saved (thus correlating the same hypothesis in common social life and corporate world). But no, Tushantin's got dignity! No kissing asses for me, thank you.

And I got 50%. Once again, not bad for not studying. But my scores seem to be tuck around 50%, as if (as I said) fate can't decide whether to save me or send me to hell. Before going I tossed a coin to decide whether to take a bus homewards or go to the distributor (which was waaaaaaayyyy far away) to get my tablet fixed. Subsequently I lost my coin in the most sudden and embarrassing circumstances, not knowing whether it was heads or tails, which confirmed one thing: Indeed, Fate just wants to play with me for some reason.

Instead, I went to one of my teachers and got some numbers for distributors that supply art tablets. The moment I stepped out, and yes, that precise moment I literally stepped out, it began pouring rain.  :| I wore my raincoat and walked. First I went to a locale dealers I was familiar with and, unfortunately, the owner wasn't in. I instead gave a list of distributors of the product I sought to his engineer and thanking him I left, finding more distributors my teacher specified. And find I did. Almost a kilometer of walk away it was. And... he didn't have the product either. Again in the rain I walked a lonely road (actually, the road wasn't lonely as the traffic was heavy; I was), fearing that if I didn't get a bus I'd had to fork hard cash on rickshaws. Pondering that since a friend of mine lives nearby I'd visit him until the traffic cleared, or at least until the rain stopped, and thus called him up. And conveniently, he was at a local bookstore with another friend of mine who lives close to my place!

Dropped by to the store, and the friend took me home. Well, almost. He stopped by at a police station to apply for a passport, just besides the street I had my puncture this morn. I could imagine the road mocking me. Since friend would be in for a while to apply for his passport, I took to the roads, reaching home with a sore foot, living to tell the tales of my great adventure! Not that anybody would wanna hear it. >.> Yeah, the tale sucks anyway.