Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 98623 times)

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #690 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »
Your cat sounds adorable. Reminds me of mine. Except less EVIL. And less DEAD.

I'm amused by how much living in a different area can change a person. My family isn't big on hockey, but ever since Sam started to go to school up in MA, he's turned into a raving Bruins lunatic with a taste for the Red Sox and a dislike of anything from New York. He and my dad are... less getting-alongy. If that was possible.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:33:31 am by Bard_of_Time »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:34 am »
Welcome back, Zeph!  :D Missed ya.

BoT, different areas can really do change a person (like a hardcore India friend of mine who went to Aus and caught that foreign accent and personality, getting himself hairdos, tattoos and piercings in awkward places). What's strange is this dialog from Kino's Journey:
Hermes: The world is constantly changing. And you can't expect it to stay the same, even for a second. If that's true, there's no need for you to go on a journey, Kino. Even if you stay in one place, you'll be able to keep experiencing the world!

And yup! Although I've been in this city for quite a while now I see changes before my eyes (not necessarily good or bad, convenient or contrary), and the change in turn changes me. Right now, for instance, my biggest amusement is how much my tastes have changed. I can go for a standard movie, but no, I want plot depth and visual appeal. I can go for Pop/Rock music, but no, I'm preferring Jazz, Classical and Ambient, etc. I can go for a slice of bread, but I somewhat developed loathing for it and wouldn't eat bread unless it's a Pav or the slice was toasted. Burger? I'd prefer the Bakery. Hell, I even crave Caviar and Crostini for God's sake, and I can't even afford it!

Every taste seems classy, but it's taking a strong toll on me to prefer those over anything else and I just can't help it for some reason. I just can't control what I like and don't like, and how these tastes change. The only thing that hasn't changed is my ability to wear any damn shirt (no matter how horrible I look in it) and street foods like Bhel, Pani Puri, Dhokla, Samosa and Wada Pav/Onion Pakoda.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #692 on: June 14, 2011, 08:46:49 pm »
Ever since I went to college, my brother bothers me about how now I have an obssesive love for over expensive coffee xD (truth is I didn't use to drink coffee at all before college xD so maybe he's right...)

Oh, how I've missed these threads.
I am greatly amused by the fact that, after being away for who knows how long (I'm very forgetful), I'm still on the "Most time online" list. While it might be physically impossible to top Vehek, I'm sure as heck gonna try this time.

I'm relatively new to the forums, but think I remember you from deviantart, Zephira  :)

My amusement: I like this collective that organizes all sorts of public pranks, like spontanous musicals xD I love the reactions of the people.
[youtube]WnY59mDJ1gg[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2011, 07:23:31 pm »
HOLY SHIT!
[youtube]ocUDELuHtLQ[/youtube]

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2011, 10:30:33 pm »
Wow! that is dexterity! and it plays tricks with my eyes  :shock:

Random rambling about Lavoid species ahead! xD

I just had an epic battle against a certain type of invasive weed that is destroying my mom's flowers. Very annoying chore, but it needs to be done, and done well or the weed is going to grow back. It grows back so fast and so easily and the seeds are so well hidden, the roots grow so deep :shock: my mom started talking philosophically and comparing the plant with the nature of evil xD

After one hour of the annoying chore, my mind started wandering, and I started thinking about CT. I was thinking if it wouldn't have made more sense if Lavos was a plant like creature, since it stayed immobile for milleniums, absorbing energy from the heart of the planet. There're plant species that do not photosynthesize but are parasites on other species of plants, I imagine Lavoids being akin to these, and the planets with life being akin to photosynthetic plants... and Lavoids have what appears to be an asexual reproduction, so no need to move around to reproduce either... Except that Lavoids need to move in order to reach a planet and dig their way into the core... maybe a Lavoid species based on sessile animals? having a motile larval stage and then becoming a sessile plant-like creature, like sponges?

And now I'm imagining an scenario based on my battle against those weeds for Chrono Break about how the heroes did not destroyed Lavos properly, and the left over of the roots are slowly growing back into the planet,  Or what if the contamination of the Frozen Flame in the humans IS the roots of Lavos >_> Or I don't know, If Lavos is like a plant, what if it reproduces through budding? what if the Frozen Flame grows to become a complete new Lavoid?

I'm just rambling now... and no, it was not that kind of weed, I'm just random like that naturally xD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:32:53 pm by Licawolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 18, 2011, 03:16:00 am »
I just had an epic battle against a certain type of invasive weed that is destroying my mom's flowers. Very annoying chore, but it needs to be done, and done well or the weed is going to grow back. It grows back so fast and so easily and the seeds are so well hidden, the roots grow so deep :shock: my mom started talking philosophically and comparing the plant with the nature of evil xD

Weeds, if nothing else, are a testament to the nature of nature. Human botanical preferences count for exactly squat when a weed shows up and finds yummies to eat and drink. Action transcends frustration. If your weeding was thorough, you shall enjoy the benefits of it shortly.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #696 on: June 18, 2011, 06:57:23 am »
XD Wow, that weed gave ya weed issues! That kinda makes sense; the FF has always been trying to influence humanity and has also been sentient. It has unimaginable power, but when using that power it also requires to charge itself, aye? But we never saw it do so. Lavos acquires its power from the core of the planet, like a parasite. But I've always imagined Lavos Shell to actually be a gigantic organic space ship rather than a being of its own. Think about it: you needed raw power to beat Lavos Shell, but you needed to be cunning to beat the Core.

So the Flame could mature into another Lavos Shell. But where will its rider be? Every horse needs a rider to go to a certain destination/mission. Imagine a planet full of cores, akin to Galifrey (Doctor Who), where instead of being given time machines such as TARDIS they're given a single Frozen Flame which they use to grow their own Lavos Shell?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #697 on: June 18, 2011, 08:01:45 am »
Okay, double post.

My amusement? Salman Khan.

Been watching his films, both old and new, and found something interesting. Before 2003 he was a sincere bloke, a gentleman kind, and was a lot like Keanu Reeves (i.e., he was always chosen for his looks, not for his acting). Post-2003 films, however, debut his new gangsta attitude, not only in films but also in his life. It's like he's a completely different person. The result: the roles he plays are now incredibly vibrant and badass.

I'm kinda glad that happened, because everyone prefers this gangsta-fun-lovin side of him. I do know one thing for sure, though: if there'll ever be a Bollywood version of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the only person to play Kamina incredibly well would be this guy:

"Don't underestimate three things in life: I, me and myself."
"I'll put so many holes in you it'd be confusing for you where to breathe from and where to fart from."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:14:23 am by tushantin »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #698 on: June 18, 2011, 11:40:31 am »
ues! That the FF has always been trying to influence humanity and has also been sentient. It has unimaginable power, but when using that power it also requires to charge itself, aye? But we never saw it do so. Lavos acquires its power from the core of the planet, like a parasite. But I've always imagined Lavos Shell to actually be a gigantic organic space ship rather than a being of its own. Think about it: you needed raw power to beat Lavos Shell, but you needed to be cunning to beat the Core.

So the Flame could mature into another Lavos Shell.

but if the frozen flame is a piece of Lavos shell and it's sentient, wouldn't that mean that Lavos shell may be sentient too? I'm thinking... Maybe lavos is not a single creature, but three creatures, each one sentient, that depend on each other. 

Rambling is fun XD

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #699 on: June 18, 2011, 12:52:30 pm »

but if the frozen flame is a piece of Lavos shell and it's sentient, wouldn't that mean that Lavos shell may be sentient too? I'm thinking... Maybe lavos is not a single creature, but three creatures, each one sentient, that depend on each other. 

Rambling is fun XD
:lol:

Remember when I mentioned organic spaceship? Think about it: the FF, a mere fragment, is capable of making you immortal, evolve species, grant magical powers, etc. so you can imagine what Lavos is capable of. But we also know the core is sentient and intelligent, so even if the shell is damaged it can be repaired (as deduced from its powers over organisms). But the shell is not intelligent. So you are right that they depend on each other, like a horse and its rider. Only this time the horse was grown for the ride.

Wrote the whole post in Dvorak, at 3 wpm and without glancing at the keys. Doing the impossible feels so good! But also been brain choking...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 20, 2011, 01:14:57 am »
Don't attack the shell. And don't blink.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 20, 2011, 02:50:32 am »

Love it!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #702 on: June 20, 2011, 03:20:42 am »

Love it!
XDDD

Now imagine if the angels were a bunch of mischievous teenagers.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2011, 04:49:04 am »

Love it!

STOP IT.  I HAD A NIGHTMARE ABOUT THOSE DAMN ANGELS TWO NIGHTS AGO.

...I really should watch more Doctor Who.  Slowly but surely most of my new friends have become obsessed with the show.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:51:47 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2011, 04:57:18 am »
...I really should watch more Doctor Who.  Slowly but surely most of my new friends have become obsessed with the show.
The thirteenth Doctor adventures should be a movie! Provided he survives this season...