Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99439 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2011, 06:29:57 pm »
Were those pics in an April Fools Post or something?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »
Nope, Square Enix footage of Chaos Rings 2 (left) that just came out today, and a page out of a game magazine for Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals from a while back (right). Square Enix is becoming such a tease. No doubt it's just my nostalgic pareidolia acting up, but I really do wonder whether Yusuke Naora intended to try his hand at reinterpreting Toriyama's Chrono Trigger designs when he came up with these.

The elderly gentleman in Gaspar's posture at left actually looks a bit like a cross between Gaspar and Belthasar, with the short-trimmed beard. Or maybe Belthasar posing as Gaspar! What does the Guru of Reason have up those stylish sleeves of his?

If I had these on-hand before April 1 I totally would have done an April Fools post though. Between these, the Final Fantasy Dissidia fanarts, and something else I'm keeping up my sleeve for lack of a scanner, we could easily have pulled out a giant news post about an upcoming "Compilation of Chrono."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:14:07 pm by FaustWolf »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #647 on: May 21, 2011, 06:51:04 am »
I've... I've found... the answer to end all corruption... (hypothetically)

Also, dogs. I know I'm more of a cat person, but ever since Bekkler, Licawolf and others talked so much about dogs I became even more curious about them. And the more I notice them... the more baffled I am.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 21, 2011, 03:41:59 pm »
[youtube]U8BWBn26bX0[/youtube]
Awesome.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #649 on: May 21, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »
@Kodokami: That's weird and awesome xD

@tushantin: I'm glad you're seeing dogs under a new light  :)

Quote from: tushantin
I've... I've found... the answer to end all corruption... (hypothetically)
:shock: and what would that be?

After weeks and weeks and weeks trying to force a RD fanart to work, I decided to abort it, for good. Now I'm totally out of inspiration. I googled around to see what I could find of RD, to find something that could motivate me again. I found a livejournal with a couple of old but cool posts about the game xD and i laughed so hard... Zeal sibling sandwish, oh god xD   :lol:

I realized that the author of that blog is also the author of a RD fanfiction I read some time ago at ff.net and that I loved. I wonder if it's someone from the forums.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
@Lica: XDDD At first I was going to explain the whole psychological analysis, based on a recent experiment which explains how corruption exists, in the 'Daily Deductions' thread, but then I had some personal arguments Sherlock-style and decided I'd rather include the stuff in my book. It's something unique I've discovered since ages, a concept that changes everything but emphasizes on an older, existing moral code. But here's a hint: Priorities play a significant role, but humans are selfish at heart. The basis can be found in religion, but you don't have to be religious to follow the principal. The factor, once placed, influences humanity as whole.

If anyone besides me manages to figure this out, they'd be worthy of my admirations.  :D

Today's amusement:
1) Apparently first Zen was established, influencing the founding of Quan Fa / Wushu (I may be wrong), in turn influencing the founding of Kara-Te (I'm obviously right).
2) The legends say that Physical and Spiritual Zen and Buddhism, basically the traditional Martial Arts, was introduced to China by an Indian bloke named Daruma. I still haven't found valid evidence of this legend, though. Many Dojos have their own preferred methods of using Kata, or what kind of Bunkai they can initiate. However, I'm in love with the Soft Arts like Jiujitsu and Judo.
3) Uechi-Ryu is one of the most important styles of Karate, however lacks one important bit: The founder of the style decided not to learn the final Kata of Pangai-Noon, which would not only be beneficial to the style and make it complete but also saved required data about the source art. Today, it's going to be difficult to find a true expert on Pangai-Noon style of Wushu.  

From now on you may refer to as Dr. Tushantin, Ph.D in Random Crap.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:24:41 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #651 on: May 28, 2011, 07:21:26 am »
My little brother... looks like mother fucking Jared Leto:shock:

*Looks at the image* Bro... brother from the future?

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #652 on: May 28, 2011, 10:42:44 am »
 :P Well, I must say, your little brother is going to be handsome in the future xD

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #653 on: June 02, 2011, 04:41:11 pm »
I was playing Chrono Triger DS at lunchtime today. I'm in Magus castle right now, and I'm curious...

Quote from: Ozzie
You'll have to defeat all 100 of
   the beasts in Magus's castle...!

Has somebody actually counted the enemies in Magus castle? Are they exactly 100?  :P

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 02, 2011, 06:25:19 pm »
I was playing Chrono Triger DS at lunchtime today. I'm in Magus castle right now, and I'm curious...

Quote from: Ozzie
You'll have to defeat all 100 of
   the beasts in Magus's castle...!

Has somebody actually counted the enemies in Magus castle? Are they exactly 100?  :P

found this. the comments are pretty funny, if not perfect. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563538-chrono-trigger/41754377

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #655 on: June 02, 2011, 07:21:13 pm »
I see  :lol: I'll go with Ozzie not being able to count up to 100

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:32 pm »
The line had its effect. I remember being excited the first time I read it. "Ooh, 100 monsters!"

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #657 on: June 03, 2011, 01:17:58 am »
Haha that kinda reminds me of an old Hindu tale here (I forget whom these dialogues belonged to originally, but it was between a wise Jester and a King).

King: How many birds fly in my kingdom?
Jester: About 12,563, your Highness.
King: (in disbelief) And what if the number is more or less, ie., inaccurate to what you claim?
Jester: Then it simply means that some of those birds have either migrated away, or we're having foreigners.

XDDD I've always imagined Ozzie and Magus to share moments such as these. Kinda cracks me up.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #658 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:51 am »
Ever since childhood I've lived through this strange itch at the center of both of my palms, as if once I might have had something sharp driven through them. Curiously enough, there's also a cross on each of my palm (not a crucifix, rather the X mark), the itch at the intersection. Even today I had the same itch and this one was bit bad. I told Mom about this, to which she completed my statement with, "as if your hands were nailed to the wall?" I agreed, to which she smiled at me for a long moment. "What are you, Jesus Christ?"

"What?" I asked, quizzically.
"Looks like we have a God in the family," she hummed back to sleep.

For minutes on end, I kept looking at the crosses on my palm, confused. Though I don't believe in personal Gods, though I don't believe that religion has any validity to prove they are any closer to God, if there is one, than any other person in the world, though I'm still skeptical about Jesus being an actual God/Avatar (though I do believe he was a Rabbi), somehow I felt happy. Somehow, this itch made me feel special.

I don't think I'm some Second Coming of Jesus, but this did drive home a point: if I were to choose between being a Scientist and Priest, I would rather take the third choice and become a Sage. Science relies on cold reasoning, while Priesthood is bound by certain religion; but Sagehood gives you liberty to go practical, rational and philosophical, though always keeping wisdom at the priority. If so, then I shall gladly take up the training.

My birthday is at October 3 (and apparently that's when Harold Camping says I shall awaken). Rapture isn't gonna happen at that date, coz I'll be busy having Ice Cream Soda with mah mates.  :lol:

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:01 am »
Jesus wasn't a rabbi.  He was a teacher, yes, but not a rabbi.  Unless you mean a metaphorical rabbi, in which case you wouldn't be correct anyway.  Rabbis teach the Torah, and although Jesus did come to fulfill the Old Testament he said there was a new covenant and dismissed quite a bit of the rules in the Torah.

Jews (with the exception of Messianic Jews, and even they're not considered real Jews by the Jews that I know) don't believe Jesus was the Messiah, so saying that Jesus was a rabbi (even metaphorically) doesn't make sense because a rabbi is a JEWISH teacher and Jesus not only started Christianity but he isn't the Messiah according to Judaism.  It makes as much sense as saying Jesus was an imam.

In short...

-  Rabbis are Jewish teachers who preach the Torah.
-  Jesus preached Christianity who dismissed some of the Torah.
-  Thus, Jesus wasn't a rabbi.

(I can provide Bible verses if you want.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:25:33 am by Sajainta »