Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99184 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #600 on: April 19, 2011, 02:11:37 am »
Your nephew's gonna be an awesome straightforward anti-conformist.  :lol: I like that! If you'd say Superman's cool, he'd say, "No, Goku can kick his ass!" Just hope he doesn't go into Twilight just because everybody else hates it.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #601 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:03 am »
Apparently a friend of mine's a grade B douchebag. Usually good natured and a cam lover (he loves taking pictures of himself flexing his muscles, or working, or anything at all), he takes even the slightest trace of confrontation or criticism as an insult, picks fights with anybody and sometimes even bullies folks. Even my boss is frustrated with him.

That doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy, though; often when he's in a good mood he'll try flattering my boss just to keep his job, or when he's with friends he'd converse like a good fella and offer them snacks. Turns out he's an awesome guy when you're on his good side.

For instance, just today he picked a fight with a girl who refused to pay for her internet time. At the time he considered himself a loyal, noble employee, a hero who was doing something right. But for the bystanders, and the girl herself, they took him for another one of those douchebags. If anyone asked him to knock it off, from the looks of it, he'd break their faces. But when I asked him, "Take a step back; I'll handle this," he hesitated, but obliged.

Later when I explained the situation to him, he apologized (sort of), albeit still angry, and thanked me for stepping in (obviously, I saved his name from getting tainted).

Sure, wrath sometimes does horrible things, but it's nice to know that even gangsta-guys would do anything for the sake of what's good. When their rage sharpens like a blade, friendship becomes their sheath; and once that's that, they use all their will to be as awesome and fun guys you'd ever know (personally, I find his jokes hilarious!)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #602 on: April 22, 2011, 06:06:57 pm »
Not sure if I showed this to you guys, but... Looks like Da Vinci was a scientist, a dA Artist AND a Troll of Trolls.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:11 am »
Separated at birth?  WHY YES I DO BELIEVE SO.  XD

FYI--I do have glasses and I wear them on occasion.  I was just too fucking lazy to go get them and take another picture of myself.  :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:28:47 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #604 on: April 26, 2011, 07:24:37 am »
Gotta hand it to these guys. They've come so far! Talk about the exploits of kid Moriarty.  8)

I pretty much LOVE the storyboard there! And the concept arts too. I've helped them with the script, and looking forward to voice recording for the first chapter. Provided they have enough animators, this is going to come out excellently!

Any fans of Artemis Fowl here? :D

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #605 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:50 pm »
I just discovered my brother found my deviantart account and he's trying to animate one of my RD fanarts in flash. I still don't know what to make of that  :P  

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 27, 2011, 09:49:15 pm »
I'm slowly writing a choreography for my first dance performance (assuming I can qualify to get in, heh). They say that when you choose your song, listen to it a billion times on repeat, over and over again, until you know it like the back of your hand. So, I have been listening to it a lot. I'm doing so right now, in fact, and it's a good song! I enjoy it. ^_^

The only problem is that I'm trying to do schoolwork, and listening to the song only makes me want to get up and dance, because my brain is going through the moves while the song plays. I guess I need to put on a different song for now! ^_^

EDIT: In case anyone is curious, this is the song (the fact that "Chrono" appears in the artist's name is a complete coincidence. Really!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ofa19OYLE
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:56:56 pm by rushingwind »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #607 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:55 am »
I never knew you could WRITE choreography. XDDD I really should get in the experience of it (I'm thinking Hip Hop). I know I'm strange, but each time I hear that song it brings images of The Shining to my mind. Love it!

Amusement. My mind seems to be stuck in place, as I've realized that what mostly amuses me these days are three things:

1) Cold, Hard Logic
2) Sheer insanity
3) Philosophy

From the perspective of some, the tastes are contradictory and ironic, but these conflicts somehow appeal to me when it comes to the art of writing. When together, these aspects complement genres which are left out in the cold. Even now I remember the lines of Vegeta from Buu Saga and how it may affect other genre of stories such as thrillers or comedy. How Dragonball Z can be compared with anything realistic, you seriously don't want to know.

I guess I'm a weird fellow, so don't go to my basement where I've stored corpses.  :lol: I'm kidding, I don't have a basement. I store them in the fridge.  :| (And for those who take my jokes seriously, I'm talking about chicken meat)

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #608 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:44 am »
(And for those who take my jokes seriously, I'm talking about chicken meat)

noooo! not the chickens! you murderer! D=

:lol:

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »
We don't approve.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 29, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »
We don't approve.

Hah! They can climb trees now. We're all doomed. They'll take revenge for our ruthless nuggetizing. Oh no!

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2011, 01:11:52 am »
I was drawing a Wingapede at the Oekaki, but I left it because I just couldn't stop noticing how phallic it was starting to look  :picardno oh... goddamn freud...

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:13 pm »
We don't approve.

Go chickens! Crush the ungrateful humans! :lol:

How are the chickens doing anyway?

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #613 on: April 30, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »

:lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #614 on: April 30, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »
HAMMERED BY A CHICKEN!! :shock: Shee, don't tell me you're a vegetarian too! XD (I am... well, was... but didn't imagine anybody from the the Compendium going vege)

Just saw Thor today with mah buddies! Quite a refreshing take, compared to the other boring superhero movies. Loved the movie, besides the partially cliche story! The special effects were rad, the actors were rad, family conflicts (between Odin, Loki and Thor) were awesome, and it also had some comical scenes in. Worth watching.

If anybody's going for the movie, here's two things to keep mind:

1) Keep an eye on a cameo appearance of Hawkeye; he comes only for a brief moment with his signature weapon. You won't see him again until the movie Avengers comes out.

2) Stay until after the credits. Most people leave when the movie's over, but my friend pointed out (and he was right) that an important scene takes place right after the credits. Oh, and Nick Fury shows up. XD

Can't wait for Captain America! Might also go watch Source Code.