Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99383 times)

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #585 on: April 13, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »
 :lol:

the second best I've ever seen.
which one was the best?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:41:54 pm by Licawolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
http://picard.ytmnd.com/

One time I listened to it for about nine hours straight and went insane.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2011, 12:43:49 pm »
http://picard.ytmnd.com/

One time I listened to it for about nine hours straight and went insane.

:lol: xD it's too catchy

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #588 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:53 pm »

My current thoughts exactly  :lol:

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #589 on: April 15, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #590 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:23 pm »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:02 am »
I wanna get myself one of these. And a good camcorder to make a Live Action film based on Faustus (Goethe, not Marlow, because a proper one hasn't been done yet, except for a couple of films that have become too old).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:22:44 am by tushantin »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »
What about something like this? It's simple and effective.

[youtube]U9vnsL0ZnxU[/youtube]

I mean, theoretically, if you've got a fairly steady hand, all you really need is a stick screwed on that you can hold near the camera, and a weight on the bottom of the stick.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:47:02 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »
I used to watch LOST, such an absurdly complicated tv show(I loved it! he he)  :lol: I found this cool video that explains the main plot of the show in a very simple way in less than 3 minutes (FULL OF SPOILERS of course).

:P I would really really really love that someone did something like this for Chrono Cross...

[youtube]-HWECQa23Cs[/youtube]

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2011, 11:02:28 pm »
I LOVE LOST!!!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 18, 2011, 04:43:13 am »
So D has been introducing me to various television shows he loves (thank you Netflix!).  We've been thorough the first two seasons Farscape, which I wasn't too impressed with for numerous reasons.  Then I watched a bit of Battlestar Galactica with him, which I didn't particularly enjoy.  So he watched the rest by himself with me doing some MST3K in the background.  XD  He still hasn't managed to locate TNG so far, and I'll watch it with him if he does (having literally only see one episode of Star Trek and the most recent movie).  I still haven't gotten him to watch Firefly yet.  I will convert him, mark my words.

A few weeks ago, he started watching SG1.  I watched part of the first episode, said "Meh", and continued playing with Draco Malfoy (our ferret).  They have the entire SG1 series on Netflix--Seasons 1 through 10.  Then I watched a few episodes with him, mildly interested.  Then a few more episodes.  Then every episode.  I am now totally hooked, you guys.  So hooked, that I randomly wrote out a stupid AIM conversation depicting the finale of Season 6.

Yu signed on.
Anubis signed on.
Yu: u suck anubis
Anubis: u mad?
Yu: brb goin 2 sleep
Yu is idle.
Ba'al signed on.
Ba'al: imma kick your ASS!
Anubis: come at me bro
Ba'al: I KEEL YOU
Anubis: rofl i totes escaped. u just got trolled
Anubis signed off.
Ba'al: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Thor signed on.
Thor: FAIL

P.S.  I realize Thor wasn't in the episode, but I couldn't resist.  XDXD

D got a kick out of it, and said I had to post it somewhere, so I figured CC was probably the best place to put it.  ;)

We're totally lame, and we love it.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:44 am »
Stargate is epic and awesome. I loved the spinoff Stargate: Atlantis, based all around the mythology of Atlantis, right down to the shining city at the bottom of the sea. There's a scene in the pilot episode, named "Rising," where the city does just that: it rises to the surface of the ocean. It is the most iconic and powerful scene in all of Stargate. The city of Atlantis represents truth, hope, and knowledge in the midst of a very dark place. I love that kind of imagery...

Plus, the main female lead (for a few seasons, anyway), is a kickass negoiator who, at one point, is blindfolded and handcuffed to a chair in enemy territory with no hope of rescue, and she threatens her way right out of it and scares the pants off her captors (and scores some nukes for the Earth people in the process).

For her badassery in Season 1 alone, Elizabeth Weir will always be my TV hero. Always.

I enjoyed SG1, too. I always wanted to see more of Jonas, or Ayiana, but meh. Guess it wasn't in the cards (especially with Ayiana, being just a guest star and all). The ascension aspect of the Ancients, and the fact that humans are the second evolution of their kind, always struck me as a facinating concept. I mean, yes, the Ancients were here, and they had some badass technology and reigned a really long time. But we're the second evolution of them. We are more evolved, and by extension, have the potential to accomplish even more.

Stargate is the only fandom, other than Chrono, that ever really drew me in.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 18, 2011, 09:27:12 am »
I think the concept of mythological "gods" from every region of the world having meetups with each other and bitching each other out is hilarious.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #598 on: April 18, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »
I think the concept of mythological "gods" from every region of the world having meetups with each other and bitching each other out is hilarious.
xDDD Totally! Except here in India (and even China), you've no idea how many Gods we have (hint: thousands). And they're friends. If you don't know what that means, try imagining Serge and his one million friends ganging up on Lynx because the bastard touched his girlfriend.

:lol: Yeah.

My sympathies, though. After all, it's so tough to be a God! (Yeah, I was just finding excuse to share this video; I'm addicted to this song, and I love this movie :oops:)
[youtube]yYprdmE1dFc[/youtube]

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47:04 am »
I miss animated musicals!  :D

Bah! I just discovered how my nephew decides who are his favorite characters in Chrono Cross. It always intrigued me that he's a big fan of Sprigg...  yesterday while I was playing he asked me why I recruited Irenes but I never had her in my party, I told him "because I don't like her that much, dunno... there're characters I like more". Today he insisted in having Irenes in his party at all times, I asked why, and he said "because you don't like her" xD hee hee hee, he's such a brat! I'm guessing I probably said something about prefering other characters over Sprigg or something back when I recruited her, and that's why she's his favorite now.