Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99180 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #480 on: February 12, 2011, 07:14:00 am »
Hahahahahah!  The first time I saw that picture, I think I laughed for a good three minutes straight, and it still never fails to make me laugh every time I see it.

Why is that not a real movie.  :(

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2011, 09:16:27 am »
Great idea or...Greatest Idea?

[youtube]SbIaYZEUF1M[/youtube]

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2011, 11:29:26 pm »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2011, 02:43:34 am »
Have you guys seen the hipster little mermaid meme? Some of them are insta-classic.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2011, 04:43:08 am »
LOVE those!  Here are some of my favourites.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2011, 07:49:17 am »
Hah! Fun. Here're a few I made. Can't promise they're any good, as it's 5:45 in the morning here and I'm a bit drowsy...

Edit: The server deleted mah images!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:28:53 am by Lord J Esq »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2011, 03:28:08 am »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URGENT NEWS FLASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshalonian scientists revolutionize Internet! Create delicious new protocol: HTTPIE! Life can be beautiful again! Comes in eight flavors!

!!!!!! THE HUMAN ADVENTURE IS JUST BEGINNING !!!!!!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2011, 05:48:37 am »
I don't like pie.  :/  Can I have HTTPANCAKES?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2011, 06:29:43 am »
The technological barriers to such a triumph might best be described as...delicious!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2011, 03:14:52 am »
[youtube]9eI8qTiJ3Jo[/youtube]

i EFFIN DIED at time index 2:01 - i know Zeality will appreciate this.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 17, 2011, 07:51:44 pm »
I can't stop laughing.
:cry:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:06 am »
New amusement: seagulls in parking lots. I never understood why they flock there, especially since I live quite a ways from the Gulf. Must be some migratory route. Yet it's always fascinating to see these powerful birds flying and calling over parking lots, and I must stop for a moment and watch them.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2011, 03:16:36 am »
I always got a kick out of the seagulls at Costco in the High Desert of Southern California. I think it's the food that draws them. Each Costco roof is equipped with a Bird Costco: bulk seeds, breadcrumbs, fresh imported worms, and, of course, 960-roll packs of toilet paper.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:37 am »
I've always found Alaskan ravens to be very entertaining and fun to be around. I was at a the Safeway in Fairbanks at one time, and there was this big, bright red, just-got-waxed grade shiny F-250. And on the hood was a raven, just trying to pick through the grill and under the hood to find anything the car wash might have missed. The guy, getting coffee at the Starbucks by the door, saw the bird and chased him off. Well, the raven didn't go away exactly, he just flew up into the air and made a big circle until the guy went back inside, and at that point, the raven came back down on the truck's hood. He puffed out his chest like he'd just been insulted, and- this was totally deliberate, I swear I could even see him squint a bit as he did it- the bird took the biggest, messiest, nastiest shit I have ever seen come from a bird. He gave one last crow and flew off.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2011, 11:35:36 am »
@Kodokami: I love Seagulls!  :D It'd be awesome if one of them was named "Steven" (hint hint). I remember taking a boat-ride from the Gateway of India, passed gigantic ships and saw the birds flying past us.

@Manly Man: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! DUDE, I'm totally adding that to my Zoho notes! :D Probably might animate that in the future.

@Everybody:

What do you get when Kamina (Gurren Lagann) turns evil? Or better yet, what do you get when you combine the personality of Kamina with the character of Slim (Grissom Gang/No Orchids for Miss Blandish), only twice as malevolent? You get a cheerfully sadistic Mafia hitman named Ladd Ruso, from Baccano, who just loves to kill those who cannot be killed!

Isn't he just awesome?!  :D

..... Yeah, I hate him too. He's supposed to be hated, though, but somehow some people just love him anyway. He's one of the most memorable characters in the series, and pure badass!

But if you only take all the nice bits about Kamina, especially his stupidity and love for adventure? You get these guys, spreading happiness all across the story, to every passing character, with sheer stupidity! And you keep lovin em since the first time.  :)

The story of Baccano itself is quite intriguing and innovative. First of all, it isn't told in a boring, linear fashion that most stories are told by. Baccano is completely non-linear, and if every story needs a main character, it actually hides who that main character is until the end of the story. The story, often told from multiple points of view, is mostly set within a fictional United States during various time periods, most notably the Prohibition-era. It focuses on various people, including alchemists, thieves, thugs, Mafiosi and Camorristi, who are unconnected to one another. Each story is a piece of a puzzle that the audience is supposed to fit together in order to reveal a bigger picture, and those people who enjoyed Inception will LOVE this.  :D

Maybe the story starts at the legendary journey of the Flying Pussyfoot which leaves a trail of blood across the nation, or perhaps it starts at the Advenna Avis almost 350 years ago where the Alchemists would learn the price of immortality. Whichever it may be, this story is like a one time rollercoster ride you can't afford to miss!