Author Topic: Park Your Amusements Here  (Read 99073 times)

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Re: Park Your Amusements Here
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2011, 11:29:25 am »
Did Mitsuda just buy an accordion? From his twitter/FB:
ホーナーのアコーディオンキットが売ってまして、デザインだけ自分で自由に作れるんです。完成するのに2ヶ月掛かりました(^^)

I ran it through a translator:
An accordion kit of Hohrner is sold and can make a custom design with oneself freely. (^^) it took two months to be completed

Perhaps he's talking about this company?

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2011, 12:54:44 pm »
Benjamin Franklin, the chief wit of the American Revolution, the scientist and inventor, the grand philosopher and idea man among our brilliant Founding Fathers, wrote an entire paper about farts, leading up to a final pun about farts.

Henceforth, anyone who says that fart jokes are beneath them is saying that they are above Benjamin Franklin. And that is a damned lie!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
Tushantin's super secret project character! :D http://tushantin.deviantart.com/art/Jack-Burns-WIP-design-196325498

Man it's the first time I've ever done Oekaki / dA Muro. Kinda feel amused for some reason. Nevertheless, it's GUNPOWDER MIXIN TIME!

EDIT: LMAO Old man Benny and farts?! O_O Wouldn't we know!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 08, 2011, 12:15:32 am »
You know, when you come right down to it...

Snape is essentially just Magus.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:35 am »
You know, when you come right down to it...

Snape is essentially just Magus.

This.  British teacher Magus.

"OMG SCHALAAAAAAAAAAA."  :cry:  "I HATE EVERYTHING I AM SO DARK AND FULL OF BITTERNESS BUT I HAVE JUST ENOUGH GOOD IN ME FOR FANGIRLS TO SLOBBER OVER.  YOU SUCK CRONO.  YOU SUCK SO HARD.  YOU GOT WHACKED 'CUZ YOU'RE WEAK."  /moral ambiguity
"OMG LILYYYYYYYYY."  :cry:  "I HATE EVERYTHING I AM SO DARK AND FULL OF BITTERNESS BUT I HAVE JUST ENOUGH GOOD IN ME FOR FANGIRLS TO SLOBBER OVER.  YOU SUCK HARRY.  YOU SUCK SO HARD.  TEN BILLION POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR."  /moral ambiguity

And also when it comes down to it...Snape fangirls are essentially Magus fangirls.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:33:26 am by Sajainta »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 08, 2011, 02:40:21 am »
Clearly someone needs to create a CT hack replacing all the cast with Harry Potter characters. Crono for Harry, clearly, Hermione and Ginny being Marle and Lucca, Robo becomes Ron, Ayla Sirius or Tonks, and of course Snape for Magus. Gaspar is Dumbledore, Queen Zeal is professor umbrige, Dalton is Filch, etc.

My god, it would be beautiful. And by "beautiful" I mean "wrong on so many levels."

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 08, 2011, 03:02:47 am »
Clearly someone needs to create a CT hack replacing all the cast with Harry Potter characters. Crono for Harry, clearly, Hermione and Ginny being Marle and Lucca, Robo becomes Ron, Ayla Sirius or Tonks, and of course Snape for Magus. Gaspar is Dumbledore, Queen Zeal is professor umbrige, Dalton is Filch, etc.

My god, it would be beautiful. And by "beautiful" I mean "wrong on so many levels."

Then I wonder who Lavos would be... :lol:

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 08, 2011, 03:22:46 am »
D and I once went through most of the CT cast and sorted them into the four Hogwarts houses.  :oops:

I think Belthasar fits Dumbledore better.  They both have that whole "For the greater good" / "I'm a manipulative old man" thing going on.  Even if that's from CC, and not CT.  

Then I wonder who Lavos would be... :lol:

Voldie, clearly.  XP

Terrible an idea as that may be...I would totally play that game.  -______-  Add in a French Revolution backdrop and you have my top three fandoms right there.

Crono Potter and the Prisoner of the Bastille
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:25:42 am by Sajainta »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 08, 2011, 03:36:14 am »
Fritz = Neville
and sort of
Toma = Malfoy?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 08, 2011, 03:47:14 am »
Fritz = Neville
and sort of
Toma = Malfoy?

Nah... if Magus is already Snape, I'd say the Mystic Trio for Malfoy and his cronnies. It'd be more fitting, even though their attitudes don't.  :?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 08, 2011, 04:30:44 am »
I agree with Bekkler.  The Mystic Trio should be Death Eaters fo' sho'.

Ozzie = Crabbe or Goyle's dad 'cuz they're all big and kind of stupid.
Slash = Lucius, maybe?
Flea = totally a wannabe Bellatrix.

Spekkio = Ollivander.
Crono's cat = Hedwig.
Epoch = Hermione's Time Turner.
Schala = Lily Potter.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #476 on: February 08, 2011, 10:17:31 am »
Holy shit! Schala is Crono's real mom! And Crono's real mom is actually his loathing aunt. Goddammit, so many short fonts in this thread I had to locate Notepad three times already! Plus Crono's too cool to be Harry. Same goes for Dalton and Filch. Dalton could be, hell, Gilderoy Lockhart! XD

Also, Draco Malfoy is very similar to Nathaniel from Bartimaeus Trilogy, who in turn is Janus. Every friggin part of Nathaniel's character is Janus, and Kitty (Resistance) being Kid (Radical Dreamers) at every possible level. If that's the case, then Draco Malfoy, by default, is none other than lil Janus. Thus basically Crono/Harry's uncle.

:lol: This idea has been tried before though (although I forgot where I saw a whole damn list of Chrono/Potter crossovers), so much so that even I tried a crossover of it when I was 14 (and I abandoned it... I know, I sux...).

Basically all casts of the Chrono series, except for Crono and Marle, appear in the Harry Potter world in search of a suspicious, incognito time traveler who wants to resurrect The Beast of Abyss that the founders of Hogwarts once defeated. The Beast is mentioned in various religious books of the Muggles, and is said to have the power to split time and dimensions. Appararently the Wizards are secretive about their own origins; they're direct descendants of Zeal, and none of the "pure bloods" approved of their people mixing in with the Muggles/Earthbounds.

Secrets lay hidden in the Chamber of Basilisk, Caves of Ravenclaw, Pyramid of Hufflepuff and Pillars of Griffindor. As usual, Harry and co decide to investigate.

That's when all shit breaks lose. The Heroes of Time appear at Hogwarts, also investigating. There's a rumor that a certain "Demon King/Fiendlord" is preparing an army of monsters and Inferi to war against Hogwarts. Hermione clashes wits with Lucca about science and magic. Ron seems dubfounded when he sees Robo. The Beast was created using an altered Mother Brain processor. Hermione's time travelling watch is stolen. Human Glenn teaches Neville Longbottom swordsmanship, and they kick serious ass with holy swords: Masamune and Sword of Griffindor (this idea I actually came up with a couple of months ago). Dumbledore is thrown across time.

And finally, when they DO reach the lass boss, it turns out that it's Magus (SURPRISE!) all along. Suddenly when every hero is at their last stamina and Voldemort launches his death attack, Crono and Marle show up. This time Crono kicks Voldemort's serious ass (perhaps even goes Super Saiyan), and Harry Potter challenges Magus in a magical duel.

:lol: Okay, I was probably a little too imaginative as a kid, but hell! I prefer Bartimaeus Trilogy over Harry Potter anywhos (it's more mature and awesome, plus it's much like the Chrono series; hell, villains are quite like Lynx and KZ! And even Bekkler!)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:26:41 am by tushantin »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2011, 01:11:14 pm »
Acacia, the mystic knights are just too formidable to be the malfoy trio. However, consider Toma's actual role in CT. He's the treasure hunter, allegedly rich and famous, presumed to be living a life of wonder and luxury, but in reality he's just Crono's rival who has way more confidence in himself than what his abilities are capable of backing up. He feels like he lives in Crono's shadow, always one step behind, always outdone and left behind. Not one to be taken seriously. Of course, he plays a very small part in the context of the game, but I would argue that does not differ much from Malfoy's role and perspective in HP, nor does it mean either character was unimportant.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 08, 2011, 08:28:49 pm »
I think Dalton is more Lucius than Filch, and I totally did not think of the Earthbound / Zealian vs. Muggle / Pureblood connection.  The Zeal continent is just one giant floating Slytherin House.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2011, 04:03:43 pm »
I'm glad my amusement amused others.

Along those lines: