Author Topic: Your first RPG?  (Read 6589 times)

_Janus_

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Ruin of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • diamonddeoxys.hi5.com
Re: Your first RPG?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:40 pm »
If we're counting Zelda, then, it was ALttP for the snes, back when I was 3 years old.
If not, then prolly it was Final Fantasy Adventure(seiken densetsu)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2010, 06:54:19 pm »
Secret of Man. Definitely Secret of Mana. Now if only the sequel had been released over here. :P

Too true. Even a fan-translation of the game would have been better than nothing. Too bad such a thing doesn't exist.

<.<
>.>

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »
Chrono trigger !

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:45 pm »
Dragon Warrior on the NES. I remember being really excited when I was finally able to defeat a Goldman. Every time I ran into a higher level enemy I was floored. I loved traveling from town to town, even though the towns were bare bones. I also thought it was great that the game didn't end once you saved the Princess.

Perelman

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 04:08:46 am »
I think it was Super Mario RPG or Pokemon Yellow, i love both of them

Also. am i the only one who consider the original Paper Mario to be better than Mario RPG? Hell i would even go as far to say the game is better than the entire FF series

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »
Also. am i the only one who consider the original Paper Mario to be better than Mario RPG? Hell i would even go as far to say the game is better than the entire FF series

I thought it was fun, but Super Mario RPG would be my choice between the two.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 12:43:55 am »
Chrono Trigger was my first RPG. :D I've been hooked ever since.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2010, 01:32:24 am »
Pokemon Red, which was also the first video game for an actual gaming system I ever owned. After that it was Paper Mario, then Super Mario RPG, but the game that really opened the floodgates to the entire RPG genre for me was none other than Chrono Trigger (of course, getting a PS1 from a friend around that time helped, too).

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2010, 03:40:40 am »
Dragon Warrior was my first RPG, but I didn't know what to make of it at the time.  It was a radically different kind of game for me, and I wasn't sure if I really liked it.  The game that made me fall in love with the genre was Phantasy Star 2, a Christmas gift from my aunt that I wasn't expecting.  My life would never be the same.  I revisited Dragon Warrior after that with a new appreciation, and then came Final Fantasy.  Twenty years later, I own just about every quality RPG released for a main-line console, including the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series on PC.  All of this from a gift I didn't even ask for.   8)

Harle.fr

• Iokan (+1)
  • Serge, dream of moi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 05:10:43 pm »
My first RPG was Secret of Mana back when I was a child. I remember playing it with my two brothers... A wonderful experience!
And then I discovered Chrono Trigger along with awesomeness ;)
However, I've always preferred CC rather than CT. Dunno really why, perhaps it's the complicated relationship between Serge and Kid that touched me... And all that sadness and bitterness one can feel throughout the game (just remember the scene of the burning orphanage), along with the greatest musics I've ever listened to in a video game make CC a unique experience.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2010, 04:47:16 am »
My first RPG was Final Fantasy III/VI ? God I loved that game.  I was maybe, four at the time. Took me quite awhile to understand the game rest assure. Then one day I put chrono trigger in, its funny, because I didn't think i'd like it, and now of course it's my favorite rpg.

Kenshuke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lucca powah!
    • View Profile
    • CHRONOs WORLD
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:49 pm »
I think it was Pokemon, I dind´t know even how to get out of MC´s home ¬¬, Chrono Trigger was my first RPG for SNES at least ^^

Indy

• Iokan (+1)
  • Half Dressed Cartoon Alien
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:46 am »
I am gonna say Dragon Warrior on my NES days was my first RPG.  Then I also tried Phantasy Sar 2 on the Sega Genisis.  That slowly became my favourite RPG.  I also fell in love with Phantasy Star IV.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:05 am »
Goku jr rpg...

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:21 pm »
Hmm... let me think.... *20 minutes later* (No seriously probably 20 minutes later ) i am not sure, i been playing alot of games since i was 4 years old.