Poll

What do you think about this?

It's a good try, but it's not going to happen.
5 (45.5%)
I can't wait for this to come out thank you!!
1 (9.1%)
WHY RUIN IT?!
1 (9.1%)
Cool!
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 02, 2005, 02:18:22 am

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: The Movie  (Read 3842 times)

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger: The Movie
« on: June 02, 2005, 02:18:22 am »
Yes, it is a fan movie, but hey, it's going to be AWESOME.

I would like to start off by saying that production has just started. We're working on the screenplay and script according to the game. We're planning on making it a trilogy considering the length of the game, but we might make it into more movies considering, well, the length of the game. The website isn't up yet, so we have a temporary one on freewebs:

http://www.freewebs.com/mjhprod/chrono.htm

I can assure you we will have alot more on the site once we have screenshots, parts of the script, screenplay pictures, slides, a preview and alot more.

EDIT: Please don't spread the word. I dont want to get a C&D letter yet..

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 03:19:25 am »
Just be cautious: SE has already shut down two game remake projects of late. If you over-publicise, the same might happen to you. So good luck, but keep somewhat of a low profile regarding something of this magnitude.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
i thought so
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:32:16 pm »
i thought i shouldn't put this public as well...i guess here and the old chrono forum for the remake project are the only places i will publicize it. just don't spread the word so much everyone, i dont want to be shut down early. maybe i will come back when it's done. hey should i just release it on dvd and sell it on the internet, or should i just put it on the internet? :roll:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:40:49 pm »
Oh, don't let a few C&D orders to other people scare you...Heck, I think people should be STRIVING for C&D orders...For one, it gets you attention if you decide to do another project and for another, it gives CT more attention (most importantly from SE itself!). Go all out!

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 10:43:47 pm »
I agree That it would bring attention to thier overzealous ness but its not something one is happy to get.

However since your not making any money on it there is isnt much legal basis for them to be able to force you to do it. On the other hand they have many a lawyer so it could be preety imtimidating.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:07:20 pm »
Hmm...well, a Chrono Trigger movie is a great idea.

Kind of strange though that I already wrote it, and the soundtrack is almost complete.  Check it all out at http://starzander.webhosting.tant102.mine.nu/Chrono/index.htm and you will find yourself more than amazed.

Interested to see if this actually goes anywhere.  :)

~.C.S.~

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:12:59 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Oh, don't let a few C&D orders to other people scare you...Heck, I think people should be STRIVING for C&D orders...For one, it gets you attention if you decide to do another project and for another, it gives CT more attention (most importantly from SE itself!). Go all out!

well i really actually do have another movie planned after this, but i would love so much to finish this one. i wouldn't want to risk it...

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 01:13:49 am »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
I agree That it would bring attention to thier overzealous ness but its not something one is happy to get.

However since your not making any money on it there is isnt much legal basis for them to be able to force you to do it. On the other hand they have many a lawyer so it could be preety imtimidating.

that IS true, but i might want to try and sell it to them after the production is finished...

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 01:14:52 am »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Hmm...well, a Chrono Trigger movie is a great idea.

Kind of strange though that I already wrote it, and the soundtrack is almost complete.  Check it all out at http://starzander.webhosting.tant102.mine.nu/Chrono/index.htm and you will find yourself more than amazed.

Interested to see if this actually goes anywhere.  :)

~.C.S.~

wow that's a really good script! i hope i can just match up to it :oops:  :roll: