Author Topic: Dalton needs a theme battle music, but what could it be?  (Read 2716 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Re: Dalton needs a theme battle music, but what could it be?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »
I'm with Pan on this one: Dalton is (or was, I suppose) mostly comic relief. Sure he had some sinister moments and proved to be dastardly at times, but he was always a bit of a joke. Why do you think they gave him Johnny's theme in CTDS? Yes, it's a recognizable theme but it's not one that suggests that he's ominous (a theme like Magus's would give off that vibe); it suggests that he's conceited and looking for a challenge (like Johnny). Since CTDS (and probably before CTDS, since we all know the Compendium definitely came up with the theory that Dalton caused the Fall of Guardia) we've made Dalton out to be a badass, someone who could not only reckon with Crono and co. but cause their demise. So I guess it's up to interpretation--if you prefer Dalton's original incarnation, give him a goofy theme, if you prefer to see him as a true force to be reckoned with, then use one of those loud, booming, final battle-type themes.

But you've already made your pick, so I guess this was just a useless read.

Not a useless read at all. Either way it goes, I understand, but the man raised an army in porre and destroyed Guardia... I think thats basically fact now rather than fiction. Besides he has become much more powerful in my series.