Author Topic: Zeal's Clones  (Read 4587 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Zeal's Clones
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:02 am »
I was sitting here trying to remember whether or not their was a clone for Magus. In the black omen I believe in tubes there are clones of the party eerily floating if memory serves correctly. I knew that Zeal had cloned Crono, Marle, Lucca, Frog, Ayla and Robo and then I thought; wait clones are organic. Aren't they? Robo is not organic. So that makes me question the nature of the Zeal clones. When I think of cloning I think of DNA, biology both organic. Because Robo is not organic Zeal's method of creating clones is not organic in nature, or at least not completely organic. What methods did Zeal use to create clones? Are they merely dolls much like Bekkler's? Or were they aware living creatures?

This makes me think of the mystics and their abilities. We know the mystics have the ability to take on human form from 600 A.D. The cathedral, Magus's castle, and in 1000 A.D. the chancellor. This I assume is magic in nature. Is Zeal's cloning system magic in nature as well? Still the mystics were able to transform into people the party knew such as Crono's mother, Marle's father etc. Ozzie promised 100 monsters in Magus's castle which made these few mystics cannon fodder. So I am surprised these mystics knew Crono and Marle's names and even more so the features of their parents. Magic is clearly involved if not illusions or mind reading. Are Zeal's clones merely illusions, tricks meant to frighten the team? Or are they genuine clones created by the technology Zeal possessed?

Synchronization

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Zeal's Clones
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:06:47 pm by Synchronization »

Dyxo Xinoro

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »
I always thought they were merely warnings; a premature "tomb", more or less.

Basically they were created from data gathered of the party during their time in Zeal and before the Ocean Palace rose up into the sky as the Black Omen. Thus they're existence as a whole is probably no different than Bekkler's dolls, but the message of their creation is something more along the lines of "Continue further, and this is your fate."

Or it's a relic of an earlier phase of development when you might have had a mirror match against your own party.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:25:51 am »
I always thought that she made Ayla to have sexy tiemz and just happens to be a completionist, and so made everyone else.

Berf

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:36:39 pm »
Are we sure the clones are physical and not just spooky illusions?

Dyxo Xinoro

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:53:33 pm »
As far as I'm aware there's no evidence going in either direction. They're just... there.