Author Topic: Chrono Cross Turns TEN!!  (Read 184897 times)

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Turns TEN!!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:17 pm »
Dammit, I won't be able to have a Chrono Marathon as planned for Cross's tenth. But, I will try in the midst of my busy schedule to play the Chrono games (Radical Dreamers included) and watch Crimson Echoes again by the time the year is over!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 12:21:44 am »
Quote from: Dialga_Palkia
But the question is, just what can they put in next for the Chrono series? If Time and Space can be done already, perhaps anti matter?
The greatest thing about Chrono Cross scenario-wise is how Kato "upped the ante" by focusing on dimensional travel (whereas the audience was expecting a time travel redux).

There's a ton of different directions the Chrono series could go in -- Crimson Echoes showed that the morality of time travel was a subject left largely unexplored in Trigger, as well as the very real relationship between time travel and dimensional travel. Imagine making a decision in a past era and a future era's situation changes entirely due to the player's actions; heck yah. Chrono Trigger played with this a bit, but the concept could be taken way, way further. There's also the possibility of trying to outsmart a time traveling enemy, and moreover the possibility of a reboot for the series. Hey, Batman did it, and that didn't turn out so bad, eh?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:21:23 pm by FaustWolf »

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 05:56:40 am »
Wow! I got a mention, I am so happy!

Happy Chrono Cross All!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 02:00:12 pm »
Happy Chrono Cross All!

Happy Chrono Cross, indeed!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 02:42:05 pm »
... and moreover the possibility of a reboot for the series. Hey, Batman did it, and that didn't turn out so bad, eh?

Hmm... Christian Bale as Crono? That seems a bit iffy. But I could totally see Heath Ledger as Magus (or, well, a clone of Heath Ledger).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:39 pm »
As time passes I become firmer in the conviction that the music of this game is the heart of this game. The two Termina pieces are just incredible. There is a city for all time, with such music!

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:59 am »
 :DHappy Birthday Chrono Cross.
One of these days I need to get a PlayStation so I can play this game.
Long live the Chrono series!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:10 pm »
Ooh! Ooh! If anyone new here hasn't listened to the Chrono Cross Audio Drama, you're totally missing out. I think this was done in either 2006 or 2007? But it's like, one of those 1930s radio dramas, but with Chrono characters!

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/43

Anyway, while I didn't necessarily agree with a few of the characterizations, this is one of the most brilliant Chrono Cross fan undertakings thus far IMO. Definitely worth a listen.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 06:14:08 pm »
... and moreover the possibility of a reboot for the series. Hey, Batman did it, and that didn't turn out so bad, eh?

Hmm... Christian Bale as Crono? That seems a bit iffy. But I could totally see Heath Ledger as Magus (or, well, a clone of Heath Ledger).

I heard somebody was suggesting a clone somewhere around these parts. That'll be doable, but I need silver points ahead of time. Or a fifth of Jamaican rum, but the silver points are probably cheaper. :-)