Author Topic: Anyone going to SakuraCon 2010?  (Read 596 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
Anyone going to SakuraCon 2010?
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:59:27 am »
Since the meetup at PAX seemed to go well (still depressed I missed out on it), it might be awesome to do a gathering of any compendiumites who'll be attending SakuraCon next year.

For one thing, it might rock if it could be part of the Chrono Trigger/Cross photoshoot (namely because I fear that only a few cosplayers will show up for it, so having some fellow fans around to hang out might make it even cooler, etc.). Btw, I am proudly in charge of that photoshoot, and if my plans work out soon (financially speaking), I will be able to cosplay as Janus. Also going to bug my friend Kim to attend in her Queen Zeal costume... mwa ha ha...

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
Re: Anyone going to SakuraCon 2010?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »
(sorry for the double post, but I felt that I need to bump this up for folks to take notice...)

Btw, here's the official discussion topic on SakuraCon's board for the photoshoot =

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19264

(and from the looks of things, we seriously need to get more CT/CC cosplayers to attend the con - if anything, just to have the honor of 'Mastershambler' to participate; his cosplays are EPIC to the max... Oh, and just to let you all know, my username on the SCMB is "Lady Shinsei", taken from the name of a Bleach roleplay character of mine)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:40:51 pm by Kara Kazeneko »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:39:10 pm »
I'd kill to go to a con at some time...but I always lack the funding.

However, it would give me a good excuse to get a durby hat for my Gaspar costume...

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:46:28 pm »
Well, there is the possibility of someone rooming with me and my friends to save money (we're staying for free at someone's house that isn't that far from the convention center; the only problem is that we'd only have room for one more person).

Yeah, it's all a matter of money, as with any con (whether where you live or out of state/country; I'm lucky to have been able to attend KumoriCon in Oregon this year, because I had a free ride there and stayed for free in a friend's room, but I kind of regret it since the con slightly sucked/had weird drama going on and I missed out on the PAX meetup... ugh...). And I'm TOTALLY ready to attend SC 2010 - because of friends being nice to me (free place to stay) and because I pre-registered for the con really cheap at a local festival last month (Aki Matsuri, a little Japanese cultural fest which takes place in Bellevue, Washington).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:53:02 pm by Kara Kazeneko »