Author Topic: Planning  (Read 837 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Planning
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:15:57 am »
Really, the Encyclopedia is sapping up effort, so I'm considering foregoing its total completion and just concentrating on the Features/Analysis (articles). Additionally, I'd like to forget CE ever existed, because I honestly want to try my hand at remixing with my spare, constructive time.

But I figured I would share these in case anyone has a magic solution or is adversely opposed, and wishes to offer commentary. I must do what I must, but I'm not one to keep it a secret with my comrades. I like all of you guys because this is like the last bastion of the Chrono community left, aside from Gamefaqs, and I'm happy we're here.

But try replying to this one, eh?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Planning
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 09:05:36 pm »
Have you got an Audigy series chip in your computer? Then you can download what are called SoundFonts, and load them into memory, so you can use the midi sequencer of your choice and still have high quality (high as you can find) samples.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Planning
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:35:31 pm »
GameFAQs is still too crappy for me after the greatness of the Compendium...I can barely stand going over their for their actual FAQs, codes, and walkthroughs anymore...I prefer here, Chrono Shock, & Square Insider's tiny Chrono forum over GameFAQs any day...I don't care how big their damn community is...

And, since you said you'd rather forget it ever existed, I won't ask what exactly CE was...

Aside from that, what exactly are you looking for in this thread? Some kind of remixing tools or what? When I used to dabble (overstating really), I used an Acid program that was pretty good for being free...I don't remember anymore though...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Planning
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:16:44 pm »
Oh nothing, I'm just pondering. My Chrono enthusiasm has hit rock bottom.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Planning
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 02:17:36 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Have you got an Audigy series chip in your computer? Then you can download what are called SoundFonts, and load them into memory, so you can use the midi sequencer of your choice and still have high quality (high as you can find) samples.

Dammit! I have got a sweet Audigy 2 Platinum Pro soundcard sitting on my bed right now. It's been in the box for over a month, because I quit my job halfway through a next-gen from-the-ground-up computer build. I too am pulling out my hair waiting for the money it'll take for this thing to become operational so that I can do some serious remixing. Indeed, the whole reason I justified building a new machine at all was so that I'd finally be able to compose some hella rad songs and nifty sings. But now where am I? I'm nowhere, sitting next to a $200 piece of technology that isn't even plugged in...

It's hard to write for a tuba when your tuba sample sounds like a damned 14th century electronic wave.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Planning
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 02:17:10 pm »
I find that my Chrono enthusiam always wavers right after E3, I know that I shouldn't get my hopes up but I can't help myself. :(

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Planning
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 02:26:34 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer

Dammit! I have got a sweet Audigy 2 Platinum Pro soundcard sitting on my bed right now. It's been in the box for over a month, because I quit my job halfway through a next-gen from-the-ground-up computer build. I too am pulling out my hair waiting for the money it'll take for this thing to become operational so that I can do some serious remixing. Indeed, the whole reason I justified building a new machine at all was so that I'd finally be able to compose some hella rad songs and nifty sings. But now where am I? I'm nowhere, sitting next to a $200 piece of technology that isn't even plugged in...

It's hard to write for a tuba when your tuba sample sounds like a damned 14th century electronic wave.

I have an Audigy 1, but I can't find the disc that came with it since the last time I formatted, and Creative apparently doesn't aknowledge that the Audigy 1 ever existed, so I can't get proper drivers, or my SoundFont loading software.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Planning
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 09:53:06 am »
Well, the fact of the matter is that the Chrono series isn't infinite...While I think there's still plenty to do in covering it all...Perhaps expanding into something else (some other RPGs for instance) is what you need...Or maybe just some kind of extension of the Chrono series...Some far-off branching...or something...

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Planning
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 08:00:12 pm »
My Chrono enthusiasm is in a waning cycle currently, because of the CTRP C&D order.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Planning
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 09:54:13 pm »
Maybe we should put the C&Ds to good use...We should just get hundreds of people to start such projects, thusly calling SE's attention to the fact that people love and want more Chrono!