News and Updates > The Lost Sanctum - Completed Items

[10000] Add images of Cross models to encyclopedia pages

(1/19) > >>

ZeaLitY:
Once the plugin is flawless, we need to create rendered images of the Chrono Cross models and add them to the encyclopedia. We'll be replacing the low-quality scanned models from Ultimania. Finishing an extractor for disc two may coincide with this objective.

As a byproduct, we'll also finish the rank icons for the Chrono Compendium (which lack certain models).

ZeaLitY:
Okay, that works.

utunnels:
What size is best?
And format?

For example, these images, except the first one, are png32(with alpha channel), pretty big in filesize, but perhaps much bettern than jpg.

ZeaLitY:
Ah, those are beautiful. Well, the bigger, the better, I guess. 1280 seems like a good width, since that's the width of most resolutions. And definitely, PNG like that.

I wonder what poses we should have them, though? Front, back, side (and other side if asymmetrical)...but after that? Top, bottom, angle? I wonder if it's all necessary. Maybe it's enough to have Front, back, side, and angle.

Edit: I realized this would be very time-consuming and is very important to the encyclopedia, so I made it 10,000. How much time does it take to produce 4 images like this of a model? (front, back, side, angle) I remember struggling with the render view.

GenesisOne:

I don't know...

PNG is a very good format, though GIF is more universal.

Other than that, those are very nice high-resolution shots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version