Author Topic: Crimson Echoes - The Novelization  (Read 1243 times)

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Crimson Echoes - The Novelization
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:10 am »
Hello all!

Yes, it's true! There is a novelization of the game-that-almost-was, or rather would-have-been-the-best-game-out-there! As ZeaLitY posted in a previous update, I have taken on the task of writing the novelization, and the current five chapters can be found at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5272474/1/. I used RealPlayer to download all the videos, so there's no problem with finishing it by myself...however...

My hope is that you all will help me by giving your viewpoints on what's been done so far, as well as suggest paths for the future. I have created a small forum board to help coordinate making the novelization the best it can be. This board can be found at http://crimsonechoes.freeforums.org/index.php.

Now, I know you are probably saying "I barely have time to check the Compendium's forums let alone another!" If you are interested, feel free to sign up over there, and we can start the reviews and suggestions as soon as you guys want to jump in. The forums are designed to help the novelization along, with such features as discussion on the chapters so far (anyone who is involved there will see the chapter after one of the directors of the game has reviewed it but before it gets posted to the fanfiction site so you can give your honest opinion on it), an entire section devoted to upcoming chapters (so you can discuss what should be included, especially in background scenes that aren't viewed through the walkthrough videos), and general discussions that don't fall into the above topics. It's really geared towards turning Crimson Echoes into a great novel.

Feel free to discuss what you've read in more detail there, or even here if you aren't certain about joining a new forum board. Help me make this a novelization to do a great game justice!

Stenir

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes - The Novelization
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:40 pm »
Wow, good luck with this, looks interesting! I've only taken a peek through it, but the writing looks pretty solid -- and that's discounting the dialogue lifted directly from the videos. Kind of reminds me of the Chrono Trigger Novel Project.

How many character viewpoints are you going to end up having, you think? I'm intrested to see how that's going to be handled.

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes - The Novelization
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:26:05 pm »
I'm not exactly certain. While I currently have the first five chapters up (and they will be updated with a more detailed representation of the surroundings as I did in Chapter 1), tonight I'm going to post my plan for the next section of the story, which is the Magus portion in 11,995 B.C. My goal for the section of the forums which is basically the upcoming chapters is to list what I've planned on doing, and get feedback from everyone who wants to put their two cents in on it.

I don't have to worry about giving anything away, because chances are those who would be discussing the novel have already seen the entire playthrough.