Poll

Which of Akira Toriyama's artworks would you want like most in the game?

Snowy Area/Arc Impulse
2 (18.2%)
Fair/Battle At The Festival
0 (0%)
Campfire Scene Battle
0 (0%)
Magus Battle/Mystic City
6 (54.5%)
Crono And Marle/Cliff Side Scene
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Which Of Toriyama's Works Would You Want In Game?  (Read 1764 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Which Of Toriyama's Works Would You Want In Game?
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »
As most know, either the artworks or screenshots came first, but either way there were plans for those screenshots to be part of CT. So my question to you is, which of the pictures would you have most wanted to see happen in the game?

As much as the snowy area's sprite sheet looks amazing and incredible, I think had they made an ancient Mystic City for you to battle Magus in would be the best. How much more epic culd it get than Medina 600 AD, Magus flying throughout the city you battling him and his fishbowl hand. :lol:

But seriously, that would be an intense battle and certainly a location I'd visit much more often than anywhere else.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Which Of Toriyama's Works Would You Want In Game?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:48:52 pm »
That Mystic City would be amazing, though it'd probably be a one-time thing, like Magus' Castle. You'll completely and utterly destroy it during your battle. It'd be cool for there to be some ruins left afterwards that you could explore and loot, but you'd be looting some Mytics' ruined homes. Really a way to drive home the consequences of your actions.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »
Can you provide the links to the art? It would make voting easier as most of us have probably seen the images, but some (like me) can't recall the details. My favorite artwork was Lucca working on Robo in her house.

I thought the boxart for the SNES sucked. It was completely inaccurate -_-.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:09:19 pm »
It's all under th official art in the compendium(holy crap...did I really just do that? Sounds like something... no...I'm stopping myself right there...you guess what I was gonna say yourself...)

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Cronomarlefrog2.jpg.html Snowy Area/Arc Impulse
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Forestsleep.jpg.html Campfire Scene
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Magusbattle2.jpg.html Magus Battle/Mystic City
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Medinabattle2.jpg.html Festival battle
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Night2.jpg.html Cliff Side Scene

That art you were referring to was this. http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Peacefultime2.jpg.html And I didn't post that oen up along with a few others since they actually did make it into the final game.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 09:01:20 pm »
Yeah, I ended up looking at the official art link after you posted this. Thanks. It just makes voting easier.

Ok, so I *think* I understand what this thread is about now. So you are saying that most of the official artwork were actual scenes in the game? And the artwork that you have linked there don't represent scenes from the game and we should vote on which scene would be the best to have in the game?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:07:20 pm by ZaichikArky »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »
Yes. Exactly, perfect. Better put than I could have said it.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 11:29:48 pm »
Ok, in that case, I voted for the Chrono X Marle scene because I thought the game was really lacking romantic scenes. There was really only that one- when Chrono was revived. Speaking in terms of the artworks themselves, I liked that Magus one the best.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 09:27:27 pm »
Battles at the Millennial Fair and during the Campfire Scene would have been dramatically inappropriate. The Mystic City battle could have been interesting, but honestly I think Magus' Castle was very well done, which renders his contribution to a Mystic City battle superfluous.

So, anyhow, I voted for the Crono and Marle scene. I'm not sure why, though. That picture is friggin' awesome, but not very serious. For a serious game, I'm not sure how well it would have fit.

Ah, my vote is cast. It is what it is!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:22:13 pm »
I chose the Magus battle simply because you don't really see Magus being evil very much in-game. A Medina battle would have been fun on the bun, as my favorite robot would put it.

The one with Crono and Marle looks like a super silly version of Crono's "resurrection". It kind of rubs me the wrong way, like it takes emphasis off the serious scene. I dunno.

I would have picked the Medina one, but I really think Magus deserved more screen time pre-party joining.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 11:39:03 pm »

The one with Crono and Marle looks like a super silly version of Crono's "resurrection". It kind of rubs me the wrong way, like it takes emphasis off the serious scene. I dunno.

I didn't think of it that way at all. It looked very cute and romantic and happy, where the cliff scene was all serious and dramatic. I think both scenes would have gone well in the game. I'm glad it has more support!

Go Crono X Marle Scene!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 12:38:24 am »
What is up with the Medina battle one? What are those things supposed to be exactly? Perhaps early Hench and Diablo designs? And why is there a Jet Bike in the Forest sleeping scene? Maybe that was his first idea for the time machine, and they said, "No, think more Eggy. But this is cool too, we can call it something else. Like...Jet...Bike?"

Maybe Toriyama did all these up before they had the game planned. These may all just be his initial character designs or concept sketches. In fact, that would make sense, I just can't figure out why they wouldn't call them concept sketches.

Edit: And I've always wondered about the locale in that Magus battle pic. behind Magus to our right is a building with a gargoyle type structure on top. Could be an early Magus's castle, except there's all those clouds in the background. It makes me think it was supposed to be Zeal, and maybe all Toriyama knew was Magus = from Zeal. I just realized this is way more analysis than preference, but hey, food for thought? Where is that guy? Thought? Hungry? No? Ok...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:45:30 am by Mr Bekkler »