Author Topic: [DS Version] CHRONO TRIGGER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK  (Read 5919 times)

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Re: [DS Version] CHRONO TRIGGER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 02:22:50 am »
One minor quibble: Maou should mean Devil King instead of just Devil? At least that's what I make out from the kanji. It's the only thing I can read, since I'm Chinese.
I went and put together all the Japanese dictionaries I could gather and did a versus against Devil and Devil King, the second one won by about 63%. I'll be correcting that file on Sunday.

And Z, would an excel sheet be better to avoid the tables messing up? Let me know.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:52 pm »
I'm not quite sure. We could always experiment with it; the Retranslation spreadsheet saved to HTML well, although they do freeze some browsers because of their length (only for a minute or two; then they're back to nrmal).

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 05:06:55 pm »
Alright, I'm finally done passing all that stuff to Excel, but I decided to save it as HTM, since it looks good. I'll keep the Excel file for myself, and whenever a correction is needed, I'll just reupload the HTM file on the main post.

The only thing I changed was the translation of Maou, as annonymouse told me. Maou is now Demon King, which also suits better, and it's 100% correct.

Tell me what you think of it, Z.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
I was suggesting Demon King from the beginning to Pan :P

Anyone that is a DBZ nerd would remember Piccolo Daimaou, meaning "Great Demon King" Piccolo.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 05:21:18 pm »
Well, translating this wasn't half of difficult as the Chrono Cross OST is. Mitsuda using the on and Chinese writing is a pain in my butt.... full Kanjis, no Hiragana, it's not hard to understand it and translate, but it's awfully horrible to romanize. I needed to consult this with far more people than I had with the CT OST >_< When I get it done I'll post it, it's been a real challenge.