Author Topic: Where to buy CC/CT OST's  (Read 4689 times)

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Where to buy CC/CT OST's
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:06:41 am »
Well, I have a vast experience purchasing Japanese music online, and I thought it'd be good to write a little guide about purchasing the Chrono Series soundtracks, since Mitsuda's work is between my top favorites, and it's always good to support the artists and stuff you like, if you have the means to.

First of all, you might want to change the links you already have on the quick guide under the Music & Remixes main section. Why? they're in Japanese; there's an option where you can browse Amazon Japan in English, so these are the links in English, but I will also list where to change the language in different parts of the site, depending how you browse it.

English links:
* Chrono Trigger: CT OSV
* Chrono Cross: CC OST

How to browse Amazon.co.jp in English?

There are three ways, depending on where you are:

1. If you're on the main page, the option's located at the right top of it, just click in the text that says "In English".

2. If you're browsing an item, the English option is located on top of the Add to Cart button, on the right side of your screen.

3. If you're gonna log in/sign up to check out, the English option is at the upper left of the screen.

Now, I will list the sites that sell the Chrono Series OSTs and ship overseas. ALL of them are certified, fully legal e-business, and I have personally bought in each of them with no problems at all.

Online Stores

Important Tips
  • You might not get any results when typing Chrono Trigger/Cross OST in some of these sites... well, try using the composer's name, Yasunori Mitsuda, and they will pop up.
  • If you don't have a Credit Card, don't worry! Some of these sites allow alternative payments, like PayPal or Money Order.
  • Shipping fees can be a pain when buying Japanese music, be careful with that! Make the Check Out procedures until you get to shipping fees, depending on the site you might have to pay for about 2,000 yen, that's about 22USD just for shipping. As a personal preference, if HMV Japan has the item you're looking for, don't think it twice, they have the lowest fees on the market (1,200 yen).
    Also, keep in mind that shipping fees vary depending on the country and weight; the more you buy, the more they charge.
  • Don't let shipping options scare you, I personally recommend Registered Airmail, it's economic, it has an little insurance on it and track number, and it arrives within 2 weeks or less. If you're in a hurry, then pick EMS (Express), it's more expensive, but fast, arrives in 3-4 days and shouldn't take more than a week.
    If you're cheap, even if it looks tempting, avoid choosing SAL (Economic shipping), because if the postal service in your country sucks, you will loose your investment because of some bucks you refused to pay.

If any of you have any kind of questions about purchasing online, don't hesitate on asking me, I'll gladly help.

Well... I guess that's it. Feel free to edit and modify this little guide in any way you might find appropriate. Please note that English is not my first language, so I apologize for any bad grammar.
Also, If you want me to, I can make a guide on how to purchase Japanese version of the games, as well as other Chrono articles through Japanese auctions sites... just let me know, I'll be glad to help. 

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Where to buy CC/CT OST's
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:34:25 am »

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:44:28 pm »
torrents, dude

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:02 pm »
k, anyone that is not JforJayson can PM me for torrents.

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:38 pm »
http://www.mininova.com/ is a good site.  I think I got my STs there.  If not, it was probably http://www.thepiratebay.org/

Both those are good for pretty much anything you need, especially STs.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 01:00:03 am »
I think I'll also have to make a guide about sarcasm.  :picardno

The point of the thread is to guide people into buying stuff, not to discuss about piracy, torrents or etc. If you do, I believe this is not the right place to do so. Dude.

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 01:49:45 am »
Whatever, man.  Just trying to be helpful to those like me who are beyond broke.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:39 am »
And you had to do it here? You could perfectly open another thread for that, but that wouldn't be very considerate for the site, especially when SE already had a C&D order sent here for other reasons. On the other side, I believe everybody knows Google, man.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:08:44 am »
If you want to be helpful and support broke people by consuming piracy, then:

1) Do it in a thread that isn't about buying official releases. :roll:
2) Ask politely for people to share their stuff, cause it actually takes time and effort. "Torrents dude" is not enough most times.

Whatever, man. Yeah.
If you wanna help so bad these broke souls why don't you buy, rip, scan, upload, and share them for everyone. 8)

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:32:15 am »
And you had to do it here? You could perfectly open another thread for that, but that wouldn't be very considerate for the site, especially when SE already had a C&D order sent here for other reasons. On the other side, I believe everybody knows Google, man.

What?  Why did they get a C&D?

Also, I wasn't asking Radical Pan to provide torrents or anything.  I was just noting that torrents are simpler than trying to navigate these kinds of websites which, I admit, should have been made clearer on my part.  Also they don't cost money, which is why I felt I should mention it.  So I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that you were speaking strictly about buying.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 02:39:49 am »
What?  Why did they get a C&D?

Also, I wasn't asking Radical Pan to provide torrents or anything.  I was just noting that torrents are simpler than trying to navigate these kinds of websites which, I admit, should have been made clearer on my part.  Also they don't cost money, which is why I felt I should mention it.  So I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that you were speaking strictly about buying.
For ROM hacking. Needless to say, I do believe SE keeps an eye around here, they are asses.

And sweetheart, the topic's name is "Where to buy CC/CT OST's ", I believe you missed that too?

As I said before, I never talked about piracy and it isn't my intention to start a discussion about that (and I don't want to), especially not in this forum, because this is for submissions only.

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:52:36 am »

For ROM hacking. Needless to say, I do believe SE keeps an eye around here, they are asses.

What were they doing ROM hacking?  (Sorry, I'm new here.)

And sweetheart, the topic's name is "Where to buy CC/CT OST's ", I believe you missed that too?

As I said before, I never talked about piracy and it isn't my intention to start a discussion about that (and I don't want to), especially not in this forum, because this is for submissions only.

Again, it was a misunderstanding.

JforJayson

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:24 am »
Since I was aiming to be somewhat helpful, you can also buy import CDs at a large bookstore like Boarders or Barnes & Noble (or any bookstore that sells CDs and also lets you order stuff).  I bought a few Metal Gear albums back when I had money and I had them in under a week.  They had a ton of other obscure soundtracks so I'm sure CT and CC were in there somewhere.  A good music supplier such as Warehouse should also let you order imports as well.  I prefer big bookstore chains though because they usually have computers that let you sample the music to make sure it's what you want.  Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:40:53 am by JforJayson »