Author Topic: Dreams of Green(Remix)  (Read 1120 times)

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Dreams of Green(Remix)
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:58:43 pm »
I did a remix of Green Memories/Memories of Green from Chrono Trigger, and it turned out better than i hoped it would! This is by far one of my favorite songs I have ever made.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2EAhe7p03k

Download: http://www.filefront.com/14607577/Dreams%20of%20Green.mp3

Enjoy! I hope you guys like it.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Green(Remix)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:42:53 pm »
Mellow, ambient, with a hint of space rock.  That entirely suits my tastes.  It also reminds me of a 90's computer game throw-back, like something that could have been included in Chronomaster or Welcome to the Future.  Good job!  Also, I like the pictures on the youtube video.  Very complementary and relaxing.

I've one criticism, and that's the peculiarity of the, um, noise that sounds like a muted china cymbal (I'm not sure how to properly designate it).  The speakers I was listening on have no capacity for bass, so the fact that I'm picking on that may just be the result of my bad speakers.  Still, in a piece that's characteristically flowing and spacey, the curt quality of that crash, which is central to the piece, sticks out a bit.  I just felt like it should be either lengthened or downplayed a little.

That's all.  And, yeah, grain of salt since I'm not by any means a composer or music expert.  The most I've ever done musically is march in drum line in high school.

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:00:16 am »
Thanks! I'm going to have to look up those games lol, just to see if it would fit.

Hmm, the main cymbal at the beginning of every four measures? Hm, now that I have listened to it a lot, it seems a bit overused. Also, this song is best listened to with headphones (studio quality), my speakers also don't have bass, so I see what you're talking about. But it sounds a lot better in headphones, so I will blame the speakers for you!

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:43:52 am »
I'm listening on headphones now, and it does sound much better!  There's more dimension to that cymbal than I was picking up on my speakers.

Did I catch "Another Brick in the Wall" in the bass line?

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 09:51:57 am »
Haha yeah, it went well with it so I decided to keep it there.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 05:08:31 pm »

You got to use a sound studio to record this?

Lucky. 

All I have are a piano, a single microphone, and a crack copy of Adobe Audition.  :(

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 08:11:51 pm »
Well, I do have studio equipment, but all of this is done in FL Studio. I could never play in perfect tempo by myself lol.