Author Topic: So fan art anf fiction only?  (Read 749 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
So fan art anf fiction only?
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:13:08 pm »
I was wondering if we could start programming things again. Now I don't mean hacks or anything of the Chrono series, but I mean could we have in Kajar Labs a place for programming, like original fan video games. I mean we only got shut down for Chrono hacks right?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: So fan art anf fiction only?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:30:59 pm »
...and do what?  Original hacks?

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:37:12 pm »
No. I meant if for example if I wanted to make a game and I programmed the whole thing I could post progress here. I miss oooing and aweing at amazing Fan Games. Maybe we could start our own game, that has nothing to do with the Chrono Series.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:34:57 pm »
Both original code and modification Chrono fan games have been halted by Square Enix legal orders, so the precedent isn't too promising on the Chrono front -- although it will be interesting to see what happens with the RPGMaker Chrono fangames in progress.

As for something non-Chrono, it will be difficult to get lots of people on board for a new intellectual property; that's the whole draw of working with an already existing property -- there's already an energized fanbase, and if a subset of that fanbase has the appropriate skills, an energized production team.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:13 am »
yeah I see what you mean faust. But we have lots of great programmers, its a same their talent is a waste.