Author Topic: After the Chrono Bible, the Chrono Theogonia...  (Read 20800 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Religion, cultures, calendars [Finalized]
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 07:17:21 pm »
If you want to take the Chrono world's history as parallel to our own, the analogy falls apart in the prehistoric era...Humans never coexisted with dinosaurs. Early humanoids didn't even begin to show up until about 7 million B.C., long after the extinction of the dinosaurs, and modern man is less than half a million years old.

I agree whole-heartedly that Guardia is modeled after a European, Christian kingdom. However, I cannot make the leap that it is actually Christian. The Mystic Empire is modeled after a Muslim kingdom. Are you also suggesting that there was a Mohammed in the Chrono Trigger world? And if you are assuming a Christ and a Mohammed, we must also assume all the ancient figures of Judaism are represented. That's a lot to base off of the modeling of Guardia after a Christian kingdom.

The switch from B.C. to A.D. is the foundation of the kindom of Guardia. This is clear in the game. A.D. could refer to "Anoitment of the Dominator" and B.C. could refer to "Before the Coming". Also, there is no reason to believe that there was a Christ figure at that time, or that there was any mighty emipre to perform a crucifixtion. For all we know, the first king of Guardia could have simply united a bunch of tribes.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 02:23:35 am »
AD and BC mean what they mean; if you give them another meaning, then you could do the same to any number of things (I have enough issue with the accursed CE and BCE that arises now). There would be no Islamic religious figures because Islam did not rise till the year 640 some, at which point the paralell would have ended (though, yes, I would maintain that all the ancient figures of Judaism would exist, from Abraham/Abram, to Isaac, to Jacob, Moses, Joshua, the Judges, Saul, David, Solomon, Reheboam and Jereboam, and all the kings of Judah and Israel; just as the kings Sargon and Hammurabi exist as well. And does not the folly of Zeal echo of the folly of Babel itself? Or, perhaps, of the myth of the garden of Eden (note that myth is not innately untrue; it is merely a story of explanation). Is there not a flood in CT when Zeal falls? Are not a small remnant saved? Are not the wicked of Zeal wiped out? But as complex and detailed as CT might be, it is beaten every time by true history. Tolkien new this aspect of fantasy when he wrote Lord of the Rings, which is why he ties it in to the real world innately; I thought it wise to apply the same to CT, because doing so would provide far more breadth than a game could ever have). Next: true enough there is no evidence for human interaction with dinosaurs (or, rather, there was none; I don't think that is a matter of speculation), so perhaps it is a temporary alignment.

Let's put it this way, though. The game has several names that could not exist without certain cultures, unless you take them to be translations (but then why not into English?). Chronopolis is a Greek name, and thus Greeks must have existed. Else the city would merely have been called Time City. This breaks down with, as I have read here, Alfador havin a Norse meaning. But I have more solid proof. More telling, Miguel in no uncertain language says "Res Nullis". That is, without a doubt, Latin; no quirk of translation can get around it, as it is not a name but a spoken phrase. Also, I think, is Angelus Errare; a name, yet a phrase in a sense. How, then, do you explain the existance of Latin without the Latin tribes, and the Etruscan history that gave birth to Rome? There must be Rome; it is mandatory. Thus, in scientific terms, some history at least must coincide. And if it may, there is chance for others. Rome rises partially through Greek influence, and so then is Greece mandatory. It, in turn, is interconnected with other societies, returning to the origin of written history. Hydras are also a comminality with our own world. And as far as the ancient history in 65,000,000 goes... that's a little extreme, and perhaps wrong, because CC itself contradicts it (setting it closer to 3mil). But returning to the later times...again I say that the wedding tradition is typically Western, inspired by Christianity. Also, as a final capstone to the argument, the term of cathedral is meant to be the church where a bishop sits; bishops are a Christian concept, and thus too are cathedrals, echoing down to Guardia itself.

Now, here is my take on it (purely my own), but could be used without problem as an feigned explanation. In the year 40 a Roman commander, turned to Christianity, flees the persecution of the Emperor Caligula. Taking with him a few of his legions (and thus several thousand men), he colonizes the great continent that lies to the West of Europe: Zenan. Over the years the kingdom flourishes, though through some quirk of fate things occur differently (perhaps the influence of Lavos?). A race of Mystics, the very creatures that populate our real world myths (imps, fairies, elves, giants, trolls, and the such), arise from forgotten woods and shadows (this would be at the same time as our King Arthur tales take place, and would be analagous, perhaps; though in our world those things never existed, in the Chrono world they did). They arise and attempt to drive out the humans, at around the year 600. The rest is as we know. The reason, I say, that the foundation of Guardia is set to 0 is a thing that would not be unlikely in such a Christian culture; they feel that the kingdom is a land of guard (hence Guardia) for believers, and thus feel that the true foundation of their kingdom is none other then the birth of their High Lord, which is traditionally set to 0. So too, then, is the foundation of Guardia set to 0.

It is purely my own invention, but I cannot think of what might contradict it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 04:50:59 pm »
So if you have a Moses, then you have a Pharoh...and pyramids and a sphynix. Can't recall seeing any of those on the map.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't bishops a specifically Catholic institution? If so, shouldn't there be a church heirarchy, complete with pope? In the medeival era, popes were more important than kings, surely we would have heard of a pope if one existed. But there is no mention whatsoever of a pope or pope-like figure.

Since the game takes place all (or mostly) in English, are we to assume that there was in fact an England? Or since the game was orginally in Japanese, are we to assume that there was in fact a Japan, and that Japanese had been around, mostly unchanged, for 65 million years?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2004, 06:01:18 pm »
Of course they aren't on the map. Neither is El Nido, nor is the area where it is eventually created. Also Bishops are specifically Catholic, but not specifically Roman Catholic. The Eastern Orthodox split with the rest a long time ago, yet unless I'm mistaken they still have magnificent cathedrals, as well as bishops. Also, I would like to point out, that any church that follows the protestant reformation (such as the Lutherans) consider themselves to be the true Catholic church; there is a distinction with the Roman Catholics, based in Rome. They are the only ones that still hold to the papacy.
And yes, I do assume there was an England, and a Japan. The language of the game means very little. After all, the people of Zeal speak a common language with the people of modern times, a near impossiblitity. Communication difficulties were likely left out. What I based my assumptions on was the line of Miguel's in Latin. Were it simply a phrase not in Latin, and just whatever language that was being spoken in, it should have been translated to English. But it was not. Thus Latin does exist. And thus so does all the rest of history, from Zoser and Gilgamesh to Marcus Aurelius and Alaric.
Consider it as a broadening of the CT world. As complex as it is, it can never really compare to the real world. As I have said, this was one of Tolkien's best moves when he wrote his stories, to parallell them, and place it in the real world to some degree. It lends history and realism, and thus greater feeling, than could be accomplished through simple fantasy.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2004, 06:44:20 pm »
And which branch of Catholicism did the kingdoms that Guardia was based on fall under? If I recal my history, that would be Roman Catholicism.

Are you suggesting that the Chrono series does in fact take place in our world, that it is a divergent history from the history that our world in fact has experienced?

I'm not buying it. Sorry, the histories are contradictory. It's a different world, with a different history, and different religions.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2004, 06:58:06 pm »
Bishops aren't specifically Catholic. Mormon wards have bishops, too.

I really doubt Catholicism exists in the Chronoverse.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2004, 08:42:35 pm »
Look, don't confuse Catholisism with Roman catholisism. The time period of about 600AD had only one schizm in the church, and that was between Rome and the Eastern Orthodox. The Western Church was still called the Catholic church. What I'm saying with Bishops and all is, is that it is almost exclusively a Christian institution, or at least was so at such an early time. The evidence I have for this parallellism is just as solid as any of the other scientific ones that have been thought of and taken true on this site. If you wish to speak of "intent" and what "it was based on", then 95% of what ZeaLitY has thought up would be wrong, because even the original designers didn't think that far. But he has made logical inferences based on what is shown, and his theories are considered acceptable and true, as there is nothing in either game to disprove them. Even so, this historical theory of mine, though it might be considered far fetched by you, has no basis to be rejected. Just because no mention is made of Christ does not mean that in that He does not exist in the Chrono universe (and, again, if you wish to bring up intent of the designers, being Eastern and such, then many of the things that have been so painstakingly been charted out would need to be dismissed, for they were not intended originally, either.). Even so, I would beg you to dismiss my theories based on evidence in the game (in which case I will revise my theories; not for my story, though, for that is simply literary style to further the story, but in regards to this thread, I will revise it.), rather than just opinion, for in that matter the only thing that you have going for you is that it likely was not the designer intent (which has often been overlooked, anyway). As any true theory, it must at needs change if contradictory matter is found. Yet I have found little of that, save in some of the areas that CT and CC themselves are at odds on.
In the end, to your question, I would say, yes, the Chrono universe is somewhat of an alternate split future, save perhaps with the exception of Lavos. That is an interesting quirk, which is likely the splitting trigger; however, as his arrival is very early on, the true split then does occur at about in prehistoric times. However, based on the hibernation of Lavos for such lengths of time, no great change occurs for a great period of time, or at least none readily noticeable. Some will maintain that Zeal and the Dreamstone are products of Lavos, but that to that I have two replies: firstly, I still maintain for lack of ironclad evidence to the contrary that the Dreamstone is a thing of this world. The second is that Zeal is so ancient that its existance hardly affects the ancient world as we know it; even as we hear of Atlantis as but a myth, and it hardly affects us, so too is it with Zeal (which is perhaps that dimensional equivalent of the Atlantean civilization). What I'm basically saying is that, even as Tolkien's Middle Earth can be taken as a prehistory to this world (circa. 5000BC), as he intended, so too can Zeal be looked at in such a light, filling in the shadows of history, though having no absolute bearing on later generation, save in unnoticable echoes of history. Now, not to say that at all points the development of the real world and the Chrono world coincide (as I have said, the true split is likely a prehistoric time), but the similarities even in the differences come together to forge a similar "middle age" as it were. We have Atlantis (the Theran civilization), they have Zeal; in the end, both amount to the same end. They have a flood due to the fall of Zeal, we have a flood attributed, in the Christian tradition (and many others) to the wrath of God. Both events wipe clean civilization. Both bring about a dark age. Thus the state of our world and the Chrono world circa 9000BC is not that different, and I can fully see those who remain in the last villages banding together to build a walled city such as Jericho. And from then...an equivalent, or nearly equivalent, history. People will invariably band together into cities, and then into empires. Now, I understand that in our world, as there never was a Zeal, the birth of different people would result, effictively changing the names of the kings of empires, and perhaps dictating the empires themselves.*(see below)Again, there is no absolute way of refuting that the history of the Chrono universe is all that different than our own. What I say is that there is insufficient factors to greatly change the course of history in a general sense; it only manifests itself in certain eras. The first is at the time of Zeal. The second, with the rise of the Mystics at about 500AD.
Thus I still maintain my thoery, and beg you to, in true scientific fashion, disprove it with data (which, in all liklihood, is very possible; I'm not maintaining that mine is without flaw correct. Only that, at this moment, I have seen insufficient data to revise my thoery of this).

*note at this point: this is perhaps my only faltering point in the theory. The existance of Zeal and its subsequent fall scatters the seeds of history in a somewhat different manner than in our timeline. My theory is dependent on the non-interference of the survivors of Zeal with the common timeline, which may be somewhat difficult to reconcile. Yet here is my proof that, unlikely as it is, history continued in the same way: Miguel's Latin. It makes the appearance of Rome a neccessity, and the pre-existing absorbtion of Latin and Etruscan tribes by, perhaps, the survivors of Troy (though this last part may simply be fiction created by Virgil). Whatever way it might fall, Rome, in the Chrono Universe, was significant enough to spread influence far to the West, and into common culture. If such a late event is there, then it makes the earlier kingdoms important as well. Thus, unlikely as it may seem, this appears to be the solution: history became unravelled in prehistoric times, but the effects were not apparent. For a time they could be seen in the rise of Zeal, but it came and went without lasting effect, for Rome rises. Thus, scientfically through historical hypothesis, I would maintain that there is a great accordance between the two timelines, Chrono and ours, and that the first standing change is not until circa 400AD.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2004, 10:47:56 pm »
When you mention these dates, do you mean them as being the same for both worlds? There were no refrigerators or gas stoves 1000 years ago. There were no humans 65 million years ago, and there were no great civilizations 12 thousand years ago. The apocalypse did not occur in 1999, nor were the cities of the world domed. There has not been a single language, shared by both man and dinosaur, that has remained mostly unchanged in that time span. Even if our worlds began the same, the split long before the earliest time periods seen in the game.

Zeal is easily symbolic of Atlantis. I've also heard suggestions that Zeal is a symbol for Babylon, although I hardly would suggest that any islands floated over Iraq at any point in history. Also, understanding that you lack ironclad evidence, what suggests to you that Dreamstone may be a thing of this world?

The reason I see the absence of any mention of Christ as being evidence of his absence is that Christianity has had a huge impact on our world. Most places in the Western world (and many places that aren't) you can't walk 100 feet without feeling the influence of Christianity. Ask anyone, regardless of their religion and beliefs, who Jesus was. You'll get the same answer from 99% of them. In fact, some won't even wait for you to ask, they'll come up and ask you. Certainly nuns and others who devote their lives to those teachings think in those terms, and would respond to many questions using Christian thinking (by which I mean thinking derived from Christian teachings) I would expect that kind of response from devotees of any faith in any world. Yet there is not one single mention of any messianic figure, of any empire between Zeal and Guardia, and certainly no crucifixtion of the one by the other. The only mentions of deities are Lavos (who may as well be a god), the Entity (which for all intents and purposes is a god) and "God" specifically, which very well have meant the Entity. You'd think someone would have mentioned Jesus. That is why I find the absence evidence for nonexistence.

As for Miguel's Latin, remember that language did not devlop in the same way in the Chrono world as it did in hours. Neither English nor Japanese was spoken by the dinosaurs. Words that we would find to be in a foreign language needn't be in the Chrono world, as the languages clearly did not devlop in the same way.

A thought...the Epoch (and gates) are said to move those that travel through them through time, but not space; they arrive at the same where, a different when. The kindom of Guardia is founded in the year Zero. At this time, there would have been no Christianity, even if there was a Christ, so how could it be a Christian kingdom? If it was not founded as such, surely the conversion of an entire kingdom would have been a historic event, mention at least once; no doubt there would be celebrations honoring the conversion.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 12:25:18 am »
Twice now have my posts been cut off before I could submit. I am in no mood to rewrite a third time. I will only say this: the dreamstone is with Ayla pre-Lavos, thus is with surity of this world. The explanation for the Christianity of Guardia may be found in the Work in Progress under my thread "Feigned history" as the third article. Sufficed to say I have worked out a way that places the founding of a Christian Guardia at 40AD during the reign of the emperor Caligula, and yet does not conflict with any CT facts so far as I can tell. I have based my theory on certain findings, and it is no less valid than any of the other numerous theories that have sprung up before on this site. There is nothing to truly disprove it, as the Latin must be Latin when Miguel speaks it. I understand that the language of that world is perhaps not English (even as Tolkien's "common tongue" is not, and "Hobbit" is just an author's word for "Kuduk"); yet if that were not Latin, it too would be translated, or else left in original form as were the words of Magus' spell in his fortress. Also it is unadvisable to refute something based on insufficient supporting evidence: ie. you cannot claim Guardia is not Christian because they do not mention Christ. That is not a scientific method. If you were to speak to me on the street, I would not mention Christianity in all liklihood, but I would be no less a Christian. I have written these same things for a third time now (though in briefer form); I am dead tired of writing them.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 03:15:21 am »
Guardian_of_Ages:

NO.

Now that I've had my fun impersonating the judges at OCR (don't take offense, GoA, I just felt like messing around a little)....

In all seriousness, you need to think outside the box.

Of course all those things like B.C. and A.D., Chronopolis, European-like kingdoms (i.e. Guardia), Angelus Errare, all these things can be around with names and apparent visual significance and whatever else without those cultures existing.  And of course B.C. and A.D. can mean something entirely different, and Angelus Errare might be, hell, who knows, Zealian.  These things are used so that the player can be familiar with objects, terms, people or institutions in the game.

Take Final Fantasy, for example.  Would you also have us believe that the Gilgamesh we fight repeatedly in Final Fantasy V is THE Mesopotamian hero?  Or that the Excalibur found in damn near every Final Fantasy, in some form or another, is literally King Arthur's legendary sword, the scimitar lobbed at him by some watery tart (sorry, really couldn't resist the Monty Python reference there)?  Or that Shiva, is the Hindu god of destruction rather than the mistress of ice?  Or that Odin is the father of Thor, who is rarely even referenced in the series?  Or that the sword Ragnarok (or the space/air ship in FFVIII) is the Norse war at the end of the world?  I think I'll stop now, although there are many, many more examples.

Of course not.  These things are put in the games by the developers to evoke a sense of familiarity within the player.

Yes, I agree that Chrono Trigger is supposed to be much more like our own world than any Final Fantasy (one might call FFVII an exception to this; I wouldn't, but some would).  But it is definitely not the same world as our own.  Therefore, all these things that are obvious references to cultures in our world are merely that:  References.  They are, most likely, not intended to be direct evidence of the existence of those cultures in the Chrono universe.

There is not enough specific evidence to conclude that the Chrono universe is a direct parallel to our own, as if it was a variant where Lavos landed in our world.  You are making an extreme leap in logic, a lot of speculation.

You want some specific refutation?  A Masamune is a type of katana.  Yet the Chrono series's Masamune is very clearly a broadsword.  That makes no sense by your logic (hell, I think it makes no sense anyway, and yet there it is all the same).  And Melchior, Gaspar and Balthasar?  They're only named that in the English version of the game.

Quote from: Masato Kato
I wasn't the main story writer for Xenogears, so I can't say much on it, but as for Chrono Trigger, I didn't especially think of the Bible when I was writing the story. "Three wisemen who carry the same names as the Biblical wisemen...?" Oh, I see... So, that's how they were named in the English version? In the original Japanese version, the ancient sages were named GASSHU, HASSHU, and BOSSHU. Regarding the other things you pointed out, I didn't consciously have anything in mind, biblical or otherwise, when I wrote the story.

Hey, look at that, one of the primary creators of our favorite video game universe (or at least one of them) directly refutes an intention of the existence of Christianity.  I know you said we shouldn't bring in intent, but I don't care.  And yes, I know that he didn't say he wrote the scenario with the intention of Christianity NOT existing, but there just isn't enough evidence to support the existence of Christ in Crono's world as a fact.

Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages
Also it is unadvisable to refute something based on insufficient supporting evidence: ie. you cannot claim Guardia is not Christian because they do not mention Christ. That is not a scientific method.

Nor is it a scientific method to insist a theory is a fact with as little evidence as is present.  The only evidence we have supporting the existence of Christianity in the Chrono universe is B.C./A.D., the Cathedrals and nuns and such, the parallels to our own history that I DO agree are there (albeit not in as literal a sense as you suggest), and the basing of Guardia on European nations.  No explicit proof.

Your idea is a theory with minimal support at best.  You at least MUST respect that others' theories might be right.  If you can't do that, you're just being as stubborn and simple-minded as people on many, many other forums out there.  And I have reason to believe, based on many of your previous posts, that you're smarter than that, and at least occasionally a little more open-minded.

If it is not your intention to posit your theory as the only viable theory, I apologize, for that is how it appears to me.  Perhaps you should try supporting it a little less vehemently, maybe write your posts in a manner that show that you're a little more open to others' ideas.

All that said, this thread is a goddamned gold mine for the section of the planned real world article that I'll be writing, the historical parallels to our own world.  Good job on giving me lots of support for that article, even if it is rather inadvertant.

Anyway, my intention with this post is not to alienate anyone, but rather only to show that we have reasons for our opinions (by "we" and "our" I mean those who, like me, agree with what Radical_Dreamer has said).

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 02:30:29 pm »
I'm curious -

BC and AD are, as it was pointed out, terms created and used by Western Judeo-Christian culture.

Japan, and for that matter Asia, did not emerge under such a system. What is the traditional method of dating in these cultures, and what was used in the Japanese version of Chrono Trigger?

BC and AD could have easily been subistuted in for some Japanese equivalent, right? (Unless the Japanese now use BC/AD and used this in the game.)

You don't need Christ to use those terms. They could have used "Before Common Era" or whatever the more recent scientific idea of dating uses. As stated already, BC and AD are terms everyone is familiar with and thus make easy ones to adapt for the game's purposes.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 02:47:02 pm »
BC and AD are specifically Christian terms, the Christian calendar is simply the most used. There is a seperate Jewish calendar that is Lunar based. The current year according to that calendar is around 576X (It's been a while since I've checked the exact date)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 03:59:37 pm »
To Ybrik:
My crappy computer again messed up my post. In essence, what I had said in lengthy words was this. Firstly, contrary to the foolish way in which I presented it, it seems, I hardly think mine to be the only theory, nor even the best (the best would be that which the designers would favor, and certainly is not mine). I merely thought myself to be in a state of defence regarding it, so was attempting to show that it has no true flaws as far as the facts are concerned. Also, I rehashed a lot of what I have said, further proving (I assure you) the validity of the Latin factor (minor though this might truly be). I replied to each of your points, saying that I am indeed thinking far outside the box, for my theory is different than 99% of ideas; mine truly is outside the box. Also I brought up that even as you say the names give familiarity, so too does the real world history, for in such detail the Chrono universe is decidedly lacking. I felt that a real history would add a familiar, and therefore more touching, element to the Chrono universe. It is a literary choice. But more on that some other time, maybe.
Lastly I had taken issue with my using of a shaky theory, pointing out that the evolution theory taken as near fact nowadays (in opposition to the scientific creed that denies true fact), is very shaky itself (on a scientific, certainly not religious, ground). I am loath to repeat it all, especially as it is somewhat of a tangent to this discussion. But I assure you there is sufficient evidence to counter it, and yet it is still heartily taken as theory. Thus my own theory, though it may seem shaky, is not truly unscientific, or at least not if you consider evolution to be scientific (I have no desire to start an argument based on this; I assure you it is on scientific grounds that I say this. Please take it on this generic basis, for I have little will right now to engage in a debate regarding the validity of evolution. It is foreign to this discussion anyway.)
Finally, I must say that I do not have any desire to continue this further. I am stubborn in my own theory only so far as it affects my writing, and it was from that that this was initially sprung. Once again, I maintain that it is a viable theory, though I am sure that it is undoubtedly not the best or most accurate as far as the scientific scope of these discussions go. Thus, I bow out now, having said my words and opinions to a full extent.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2004, 05:47:46 pm »
While your theory is very interesting, and I'd love to read a work of fan fiction based on it, to me that's all it is. I understand you come at the games from a different perspective (Fantasy vs. Sci-Fi) and you are clearly influenced by your love of Tolkein (and there is no fault in that) but Chrono Trigger is clearly not a work of Tolkein. I have already made clear what I see as flaws in your theory, but I'd like to reiterate that I'd like to read a more in depth look at it in the fan fiction section (This may be what the Feigned History is, I haven't had time to really look at it as I've been very busy lately).

Good luck.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2004, 12:14:02 am »
Yes, sorry for my ill-explained rantings. It's a sub-theory, and that's all. Oh, and forget about my posting in the Work in Progress; that Feigned History topic is really not very good on its own, and only makes sense in comparison with the rest of my writing. In fact, my final note is this, and it pretty much sums up how my story relates to the Chrono universe:
"This is my own account of Serge in the year that followed the eventful days of the fall of FATE and the destruction of the Dragon Gods. Of what I have written, it may be said that little truly happened in the future that is most often spoken of. Even so, in some thread of time, some future in which things occurred otherwise, this may indeed hold true. Let it serve as an account of events that may have been, or have been, through other choices."
Thus I excuse any continuity flaws with this. Some day I will finish it and will post it in a myriad of places for people to consider (and I think that on this site it will receive the most interesting opinions). But such a time is yet months off. But in regards to how my style affects my rendering of the Chrono universe, in this respect I would consider my liking of Tolkien's works a flaw, for it make me unable to write something in the true style of CT, and makes me angry at myself for ever attempting such a fanfiction in the first place. I should have attempted something more truly mideaval.). So may my "theory" be then be discounted only as misguided ramblings; my apologies.
I, for one, will be interested in seeing what will come of this entire topic. Ie. what the final Compendium theory (and thus, effectively, the most accurate theory) regarding this particular subject as it relates to the Chrono universe will be.