Author Topic: The 2009 - 2010 Football Discussion Thread  (Read 1945 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
The 2009 - 2010 Football Discussion Thread
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:31 pm »
So I'm headin back to the ol' stompin' grounds for some fooosball this weekend, and I figured now would be as good as a time as any to start it up!  I know I'm not the only one stoked for football!

GO BEARS
GO REDSKINS
GO NOLES

:franky

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The 2009 - 2010 Football Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 05:04:26 pm »
By the team names I will assume you are referring to American Football. Perhaps I'm reading BBC News too much when I thought there was a chance you were talking about soccer.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:36:26 pm »
sheeperson! where are the patriots?! only the best team up here in new england!
actually the only team up here in new england!

im not much into soccer. im not into football either. we watch the super bowl for the commercials and the excuse to sit with a large amount of cheeseballs between us, disappearing as the night progresses.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:24:42 pm »
So far it looks like the Seahawks are trying to make up for their pitiful season last year...and my bro must be saying the old adage, "It' only preseason!" for the sake of his Broncos. I still don't actually have a team though, but I think I'll go over them all this year and pick over the ones I know I don't really like (Cowboys & Pats are on that list, though my gf is a New Englander so I may have to keep that on the DL :lol:)...we'll see...

I don't care about all the retirement mumbo-jumbo, I'll still be (tryin to) keeping an eye on Favre. At least now we know where he'll be next year. I didn't think this last one was for real anyway because he did pretty good by the Jets.

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Sith Lord of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:14:05 am »
My Green Bay Packers are looking fierce all ready. Aaron Rodgers has that offense down to a science. You watch. We're coming back with a vengeance this year.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:56:23 pm by DarthMagus »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 02:12:31 pm »
Go Panthers! Don't freaking choke up this year, Delhomme! Its alright, cause we got Steven Smith, the best of his kind(EDIT: I mean position, not race) in the NFL.

Just hoping that Phillie gets shafted something forceful, because of you know who.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »
Thought:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D6TBPl6B_U

Zombie:  I thought better of you.

V:  I'm glad you dislike the Pats and Gowboys.  Show no love for Favre, who faded into shittytude by the end of last season.  He's a gump and I HATE 'EM!!!

Darthmagus:  Consider this your warning.  After the Bears victory over the Packers it ain't gonna be pretty.

As for tonight, goo Wolfpack (ACC over SEC!)

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:35 pm »

Darthmagus:  Consider this your warning.  After the Bears victory over the Packers it ain't gonna be pretty.

We shall see, my good sir. Our entire culture and philosophy has changed from last year. We have better personnel and we have a better team overall. You have Devin Hester, the most overrated player in the league and Jay Cutler, the most overrated quarterback in the league. Also, your defense was shown to be vulnerable the last 2 years, especially to the run game. Maybe you should have put more attention to that in the offseason.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »
Zombie:  I thought better of you.
hey man theyre the local team. i dont really care about the football itself. the game is too violent for me.
im a chessman myself.
but my brother and father are patriots fans. i only know the team from my family.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:23:33 pm »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 05:44:45 pm »
Alright, well, here's how I have it down so far...

Some are still on the list for stupid reasons, tbh. I used to say I liked the Bears as a kid because of William Perry (I don't think I ever saw him play, he was probably before my time even) based solely on his KICKASS nickname, "The Refrigerator". That was before I even liked to watch football though (which only came about like 3 years ago or so)...

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »
Why do you have the Steelers, the previous year's Superbowl winners, struck out? Seems like that would be a great shot of morale/testament to the skills of the team. Even if you hate Big Ben Rothlisburger(sp?), you got to love the acrobatics of Santonio Holmes.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 06:42:48 pm »
Even though I'm not a Seahawks fan, just growing up around Seattle makes it tough to like the Steelers. And wtf is up with "Terrible Towels"...? Sounds like something they'd use to mop up especially messy pr0n scenes or something. And the reason why they have their logo on only one side of their helmets is stupid.

So, yeah, the reason I have some of them OFF the list is just as minor & superficial as the reasons why some are still on it. :lol:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:44:43 pm by V_Translanka »

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 07:20:15 pm »
Alright, well, here's how I have it down so far...

Some are still on the list for stupid reasons, tbh. I used to say I liked the Bears as a kid because of William Perry (I don't think I ever saw him play, he was probably before my time even) based solely on his KICKASS nickname, "The Refrigerator". That was before I even liked to watch football though (which only came about like 3 years ago or so)...

Your list doesn't make sense, Trans. You can't like rivals of each other. You can't like Green Bay and Chicago. They are enemies, have been for almost a century! Adding Minnesota to that mix just makes it worse. You can't like the Browns and the Bengals, that's a turf war.

Also, ZeaLitY, I live in Indianapolis. I won't be surprised if the Colts falter this year. They're primed for a disappointing season.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »

So how is Michael Crabtree coming along lulz. He's actually stupid enough to hold out the whole season and renter the 2010 draft. Also fuck the patsies. Go Jets! Also watch out for the Texans they are gonna have a good season.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:35:00 pm by Jutty »