Author Topic: Does Anyone Think There Will Be A Chrono Cross Remake?  (Read 5636 times)

Nitemares

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Does Anyone Think There Will Be A Chrono Cross Remake?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:59 am »
I'd rather have Chrono 4, but if a remake or port of CC could work to those ends, that's fine too.

chrono 4 by saying that radical dreamers is 2? well radical dreamers was the sequel for trigger, but it was rushed and remade the way they wanted and that was Cross. so in it's sense, Radical Dreamers and Cross are the same game.

so we need Chrono 3

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 12:12:52 am »
But still, those are three games, regardless of continuity.

And I guess there is no need to ask which one would the wanted sequel be for.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:21 am »
I'd be pretty satisfied for Chrono Cross to be released for the DS.

The reason being is that Nintendo was the original platform for the game as per development under SE.  Since they re-released CT for the DS, I say it's only fair they re-release CC for the DS.

Then again, CC was released on the PS1, so wouldn't it be more accurate to re-release it on the PSP?

Just throwing it out there.  Personally, I'm crossing my fingers it'll get a port for the DS.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:48:08 am by GenesisOne »

Nitemares

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:31 am »
But still, those are three games, regardless of continuity.

And I guess there is no need to ask which one would the wanted sequel be for.

since Radical Dreamers is mentioned at Chronopolis in Cross as another reality, maybe they'll have Radical Dreamers for play as some kind of hidden secret if you get every ending, items, characters, enemies, enemy drop items, steals, etc... like they have in chrono trigger under so you can review them anytime.

just a thought.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:16 am »
Well, if they decide to this time. Unlike CT PSX, which was going to have RD included, but then decided not to.

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 01:22:33 am »
I don't think that Cross would work well on the DS personally. =/
The most likely thing that will happen is a PSP remake with graphic enhancing additions, extra dialogue/new cutscenes, maybe a new character, new dungeon, etc.
This is a stretch, but I think a Cross would be awesome as a PS3 remake. But, as I said before, it will eventually get a PSP remake in the near future. :)

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 01:38:48 am »
I just check some of DS games new release, and majority of them are RPG based. Beside, many individual recently anticipate for more RPG game for DS. While PSP get more non RPG games, although the rate of new release are very low, about 0-4 a week. I afraid CC remake/port could not sell very well on PSP.

I really don't know if CC has a chance to be remake on console, personally I prefer the Wii or PS2 over other console.
As for RD, I assume Kato did not interested in making another installment based on RD.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 05:11:29 am »
I am not sure how CC would fare on the DS. Other games like FF VI have been remade with new graphics to suit the DS well. Why can't CC?

Also, I am still kind of confused about CC's ratings. Most critics seem to agree it's a good game.  Some fans don't, but I guess it was because they expected it to be different considering the tie to CT. Like, gamefaqs average rating is 7.5 according to the fans, and reading some of their reviews just paints a clear picture that the fans either really didn't like it, or really liked it. Seems like a polarizing kind of game to me... Maybe some day I'll get to playing it, if I can find a PSX emulator that doesn't cause my computer to crash and allows me to use my controller.  I never own any consoles that are not nintendo.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 08:35:20 am »
Regardless of continuity, like Acacia Sgt said, the next game would still be the 4th installment of the series. Besides, each Chrono from the very beginning basically has started in a new dimension or timeline. I assume the next would take place in the merged one, but I could see them doing something left-field again akin to RD, taking place in an entirely new splintered reality of some kind.

As far as a DS release of CC. I just think it's unlikely. It could probably handle it graphically, but quite a bit would still have to be modified to fit the smaller screens (I know someone here mentioned before that Element grids would just look horribly tiny w/o some very serious changes made)...but lord knows there are enough characters they could give the playable axe to the forehead to save some space or w/e.

A PSP remake would just be simpler, I think, especially since it was originally released on a Sony...I don't think there are any examples of a SE game that was originally on a Sony that was remade for a Ninny. As far as "there aren't as many RPGs on PSP, so they shouldn't release it on PSP"...isn't that a little Catch-22? Besides, it's getting quite a few big name titles from SE as is: a numbered FF spin-off (Final Fantasy versus XIII), the new Parasite Eve (3rd Birthday), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and, of course, Dissidia (though it isn't an RPG, it IS a spin-off of 10 separate games of their most successful RPG series)...While I love the DS and know it has a lot of RPGs, many of which are great, I think the PSP has quite a few quality titles itself...and with the availability of PSN on PSP that multiplies drastically.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:37:36 am by V_Translanka »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 02:30:07 pm »
Urge to show off pre-C&D Chrono Cross modding videos...RISING!!

CT 13th Birthday Tribute Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NezPDndMyHA

CT 13th Birthday Tribute Part 2 (Recently remastered)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUWkIzrNCjg

Magus Unmasked (Recently remastered)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTyJNvOBAw

But I'll always consider the Chrono Cross Audio Drama the primordial attempt at re-envisioning Chrono Cross. Since CT:DS turned out the way it did, I think Kato is ghosting the Compendium forums and taking notes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:53:29 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:42 pm »
They bungled his weight and probably his height too. If Magus really is as ridiculously over-muscled as he is constantly depicted to be, then his weight would be in the mid-200s at that height...and, in all likelihood, to increase the intimidation factor, he's more like six-and-a-half than 6'2", which would put him at or above 300.

Then again, the Magus model in these mods looks pretty un-muscled. Maybe he went on the Subway diet.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »
Hot damn! Amazing stuff FW...fucking C&D...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 06:22:43 pm »
They bungled his weight and probably his height too. If Magus really is as ridiculously over-muscled as he is constantly depicted to be, then his weight would be in the mid-200s at that height...and, in all likelihood, to increase the intimidation factor, he's more like six-and-a-half than 6'2", which would put him at or above 300.

Then again, the Magus model in these mods looks pretty un-muscled. Maybe he went on the Subway diet.

He no longer had access to the local Medina gym. To them what our 5 lbs weights are's 100 lbs. Thus making Magus a stone cold tank with rockin abs. Kign Guardia got jealous and began his onslaught on him and his army. Enter Magus' revenge by sending Yakra to the castle and Crono comes in.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 06:50:05 pm »
That was the result of effort and input from a huge number of people, all of whom except Satoh, I think, are credited at the end of the second linked video. Satoh came on board for the Magus Unmasked patch, and he did some touchups on BROJ's alterations. I think I ended up shaving off a row of pixels on Magus' small dialogue portrait, but I can't remember.

Yeah, we received some Youtube comments about a height/weight mismatch. But Magus' body mass index is within normal range according to this calculator:
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

He's perfectly healthy, now everyone quit criticizing his body image!  :lol:

The fight with the Dream Devourer must have taken a lot out of him. But I hear he came out of it with the ability to moonwalk and dance like no other...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:56:14 pm by FaustWolf »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 06:52:47 pm »
Doesn't everyone in CC have totally unrealistic proportions anyway though?