Author Topic: Is the Haste Helm and Nova Armor combo better than the Masters Crown/Regal Plate  (Read 2113 times)

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
I am wondering this because I want the optimum setup for all my characters. If these arent optimum, I would like to hear what is. Thanks in advance.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Lets see.

The former offers:

117 Defense
Auto-Haste
Status Immunity

While the latter:

Stamina +10
Magic Defense + 10
128 Defense
Damage boost
Status immunity

Unless there is a better combination out there, I'd say go for the latter.

Well, an exception would be Magus. He benefits more with the Shadowplume Robe for it's extra defense and Auto-Barrier, plus 20 Magic defense.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:23:35 pm by Acacia Sgt »

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
I suppose it comes down to 1 question really. Is more attacks for consistent damage better than 1 attack for more damage?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
I think it would be more like if you want the extra defense over auto-haste. Maybe if adding the PrismSpecs to the latter setup may give it preference over the former, since it already has a damage boost.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Yeah, that could work. There is the Golden Stud though, which I tend to use on most of my characters. I see the PrismSpecs being used on Lucca with the Spellslinger, because you get 5 flare uses and a strong regular attack. Thanks for the feedback.

pyro_dragun

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Yeah, that could work. There is the Golden Stud though, which I tend to use on most of my characters. I see the PrismSpecs being used on Lucca with the Spellslinger, because you get 5 flare uses and a strong regular attack. Thanks for the feedback.
You can actually only use flare 4 times before needing an ether.

imo, the only time haste/nova is better then master/regal is if you use robo's apoc arm/dragon tear setup