Author Topic: Say Wha!?!?!? Kitase in an XIII interview mentions Chrono Trigger DS success  (Read 3763 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Well, actually Chrono Cross was the only game released in EU if I remember correctly, until now. And Chrono Cross would make even less sense if you never played Trigger. If I played Cross before Trigger I don't think I'd ever play Chrono Trigger, as great a game it was you really had to play Trigger first. Even if it wasn't ever released in Europe, they did absolutely nothing for it. The reputation among the cult is all it had to push sales. Plus it was on a hand held so you already cut the numbers in half at the most. Honestly CT:DS was made as a service to fans, not as another chance. You would be completely dumb to think otherwise. Next, there are only two Chrono games and there were three Front Mission games released in US. (Of course this isn't including the 2 remakes/ports) So really it has had a chance, also I think there was a whole GameInformer that centered on FM4. Not to mention a new Chrono game hasn't been released since VGs went main stream. Through any way you look at it SE is making BS calls. Any game that centers on explosions and guns can't be a tactics game, at least not in the west. Its theme is most appealing to the wrong genre audience.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile